• Catalogue administrator
  • 254 messages
  • August 11, 2013 15:37
added
prices
reviews

eBay Collectibles Market Fading, Say Three Experts

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m08/i07/s01

eBay recently announced a set of enhancements intended to protect those who sell on the marketplace. But the changes come far too late to help those who sell antiques and collectibles, who have abandoned eBay and are pursuing other options. eBay has lost those sellers and a large part of the antiques and collectibles market due to past practices and fee increases .

Developments at Ebay in America and England (rest to follow) it is even more interesting to have a free shop for & lt; € 75 lots on Catawiki. There is a lot of commentary on international collector's forums .... Most of them will stay out of necessity. They don't know a good alternative.

Not one comment about Catwaiki on any forums .... It's a shame ...,

It is a pity that so few foreign sellers (and buyers) find their way to the Catawiki shops. As a result, sales are disappointing and there are no new shops, so no new buyers .... A circle that we must be able to break out of.

Ok the auctions attract attention and generate money ..., but the shops are, according to my estimate, as on the main street of any city. Full of good offers, but no clients who buy ...

Or am I the only one who sees that?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • August 11, 2013 18:35
added
prices

ebah not doing well your own fault

I have not had anything on it for 3 years there

@ baron translate short but sweet

Show original message
  • 375 messages
  • August 11, 2013 20:59
added

It is almost impossible to get something sold on Ebay for a reasonable price because the pricing has to take into account the part that Ebay "takes".

Marktplaats.nl will soon also have fewer sellers.

You are almost forced to use all kinds of paid tricks of theirs when you offer an item for sale in a million ways.

Once you've been here on CW, you'll see ads for CW on many other pages you surf. Just don't know if you'll get anything if you've never been here.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • August 11, 2013 23:29
added
prices

mp is ebay so they are trying to push it through

but in NL it's difficult for everyone to switch to other sites

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • August 12, 2013 08:25
added
prices
reviews

Hello Antonieg,

MP works with google ads and cookies. That is why the CW banners will probably appear with you. I also see that on foreign aution sites. But unfortunately those foreign visitors don't see that.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any English banners either ....

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • August 12, 2013 08:57
added
prices
reviews

@Miris

That's right I live in Germany and I am on 10/12 German and English Auction / Sales Sites every day Catawikki Advertising is unfortunately a missed opportunity,

and if I go to the German Site of Catawikki today Monday the Comic auction will not end today (also nowhere in the Balk) a few German comics sold at the Catawikki auction did not even go bad with Comis may end today could be more?) in the Bar books will appear Wednesday, Plaaten tomorrow and History today I click on that most of the Text is in English (you can then get an automatic German translation in two yellow bars) but a lot of German collectors click away immediately unfortunately,

I regularly meet German Collectors and try to make their Site tasty too, but that does bother many and the choice is many times greater with auction sites it is therefore quickly made.

Show original message
Miris
SUPER
  • 254 messages
  • August 12, 2013 18:32
added
prices
reviews

hello Baron. Thank you for your response. Have you personally sent a message ....

Show original message
7of 7