12of 12
  • 18 messages
  • June 25, 2013 17:20
June 25, 2013 17:20

I currently have 9 lots on "offered". Today I received an email that 3 of these have been set to "draft" for the well-known reason. Why are they not informed about the state of the rest of the offered lots, while they are still working on my lots? This way, if necessary, I can immediately make adjustments (merge ...) and again it does not have to take a long time before I know more about something.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • June 25, 2013 17:43
June 25, 2013 17:43

@filleken
Today I received an email that 3 of these have been set to "draft" for the well-known reason.

If this is a well-known reason, it is not useful to continue offering low-value lots in the same way.

Show original message
  • 18 messages
  • June 25, 2013 17:57
June 25, 2013 17:57

Too bad that so many "low-grade" lots are getting through and mine isn't.

Show original message
  • 214 messages
  • June 25, 2013 18:44
added
prices

@ Filleken

I have largely written the following for another user, but of course you can also take note of this if desired.

I have now been able to offer a lot a number of times via the auction. Sometimes you get something, sometimes you leave something. But overall a nice experience. The tension of whether the lot you have brought in will achieve the desired result is extremely exciting. I am only a small provider and I have a number of lots on offer or. approved. Sometimes you offer a lot and it is very quickly included in an auction. Sometimes it takes a little longer but don't worry about it. You also have the option to sell your items through your shop. As long as they are not on the auction, I offer most lots for sale in the store. It is then one or the other. The law of the collector is that as a seller you just have to be patient, then the buyer for the item you offer (if interesting enough) will almost come naturally. CW's auctions are a very important source of income that makes the site available to users virtually free of charge. This is a very great asset in the present day and age. So try to keep thinking positively and your lots will come naturally. Then adjust the rejected lots and offer them again. Good luck.

Show original message
  • 18 messages
  • June 25, 2013 18:52
June 25, 2013 18:52

Thanks for the info. I only regret that I don't get my lots placed because they supposedly would not yield enough while 80+ lots per week make it to the auction that hardly yield 40 euros. Keep trying.

Show original message
  • 214 messages
  • June 25, 2013 18:58
added
prices

I must agree with you. Sometimes I am also surprised about some items. But I assume that the expertise of the auctioneer (s) will contribute to the expected yield being 75 euros. The fact that this is not always achieved is of course also partly due to the buyers present. Sometimes items for which I do not have 40 euros go away for a number of times my maximum price. So I think it's just a very fickle market.

Show original message
  • 12 messages
  • August 27, 2013 04:45
added
prices
August 27, 2013 04:45

I also have problems with placement, now three items have been placed in concept again because they want to improve the art auction "qualitatively" and the supply is increasing. What is quality? An original work by a reasonably well-known artist or the umpteenth variation on Andy Warhol's Campbell Soup or the same by MM.
Also the larger selection, Then why stop at 65 items while other auctions exceed 100. must be and not let his own preferences (which obviously happens) prevail

Show original message
  • 12 messages
  • March 03, 2014 06:26
added
prices
March 03, 2014 06:26

Here the "auctioneer" once again uses the expression LOW VALUE. Now I have always thought that Catawiki was for all collectors and not just for the HIGH QUALITY. Everyone offers lots at their own level. soon (if it is up to a number of auctioneers) only Rembrandts, Black Pennies, Rolexes and gold coins will be offered and of course items that they themselves like, because there are collectors who also want to offer their items, so the painting by jan jansen , the postage stamp of Juliana and the half cent of Willem 3 And when you indeed look at the proceeds, the expertise of those auctioneers is also not that bad.

Bas van Vugt

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • March 03, 2014 09:22
added
prices

Of course, the line has to be drawn somewhere by the auctioneers.

And 75 € is a fine limit. It is logical that sometimes lots at the auction do not reach that limit. After all, an appraisal is no guarantee. That does not alter the fact that one should rely on an appraisal from an auctioneer.
As an auction provider , it is therefore important to do good preliminary work and to thoroughly research your offered lot. The internet and of course Catawiki itself is a good source to get an indication of what your lot could sell for. Otherwise, inquire in the forum after you put the item in the catalog.
I've said it before: The better your substantiation and research, the greater the chance that your lot will be approved.
Also invest in professional literature within your collection area(s) and increase your knowledge.

@basvanvugt I myself also have problems with placement, now three items have been placed in concept again because people want to improve the art auction "quality" and the supply is increasing. What is quality? An original work by a fairly well-known artist or the umpteenth variation on Andy Warhol's Campbell Soup or the same by MM.
Also the larger offer, Why then stop at 65 items while other auctions exceed 100. I also think that an auctioneer should be independent and not allow his own preferences (which obviously happens) to prevail.

I understand your reaction. On the other hand, the auctioneer of art does have a lot of expertise in the art field, which I can't match and his art auctions are very successful. Moreover, he is always willing to provide explanations. He also uses auction revenue websites such as artprice, which allows him to provide good valuations.
Meanwhile, the questionable Corneille services have also disappeared from his auctions and now mainly high-quality art is offered. I therefore gladly accept his well-founded judgment.

@auctioneer Tammo

Is it an idea, given the many questions that some auction providers have, to develop a kind of tutorial for the general auction page? This can also be partly in the form of a video, for example.

Wouldn't it also be helpful for the auction providers to be able to search the auction results with the search engine? This allows auction providers to better decide whether they can offer a lot or not.

Linking auction results to the catalog could also be an option.

Show original message
  • 12 messages
  • March 03, 2014 09:45
added
prices
March 03, 2014 09:45

Hello,

A wonderful political response.

You talk a lot and say little.

So it remains that the Black Penny is allowed and the 40 cent Juliana is not allowed in the auction,

But what does this say about the auctioneer when 68% of his valuation is wrong.

Bass van Vugt

Show original message
  • 12 messages
  • March 03, 2014 09:45
added
prices
March 03, 2014 09:45

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • March 03, 2014 09:50
added
prices

@basvanvugt

A wonderful political answer.

My answer is less "political". Auctioning remains human work and auctioneers can also make estimation errors.

If indeed it turns out that, as you say, 68% of an auctioneer's valuations are wrong, you have a point. Anyway, then it might be advisable to enter into a dialogue with Catawiki and the auctioneer about this. Comments regarding the auctions are highly appreciated by the Catawiki team

Show original message
12of 12