Go to page
25of 30
  • 18 messages
  • June 12, 2013 19:40
June 12, 2013 19:40

I put up some comics for auction earlier today. However, these were not allowed because they would probably yield less than 75 euros. How do those other comics that are sold for 20 or 50 euros end up in the auction?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • June 12, 2013 19:58
June 12, 2013 19:58

How do those other comics that are sold for 20 or 50 euros end up in the auction?

There have even been lots sold for less than € 20 through the auction.

Lots must be able to yield at least € 75, otherwise they will not be placed.
However, that does not mean that every lot will reach that amount. To get a high yield you depend on several factors, but above all that at least 2 bidders want to have that lot. With 1 collector willing to pay € 75, the price will still be stuck when the other bidder drops out.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,917 messages
  • June 12, 2013 20:48
added
prices
reviews
Must be at least 75 €, I assume that the auctioneer expects this? But they auctioneers cannot know everything and maybe they also look at catalog prices It must still be possible to remove it as soon as a shop or supplier has placed a catalog price. a wrong signal. This also does not give a fair chance to lot providers. Actually it should be so once an item is an auction item the list price should be hidden.
Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • June 12, 2013 20:48
added
prices
reviews
Double click
Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • June 15, 2013 00:26
June 15, 2013 00:26

Since Apollo4 rightly points out that his topic is being hijacked by another topic, I respond here to Arco's message

I find that the secrecy surrounding the auctions and associated procedures is slowly becoming alarming / laughable. (For example, it is the only functionality of Catawiki that you can ask absolutely nothing about on the forum, as it turns out ...) But hey, what can it bomb me? Except that it reflects negatively on Catawiki, and also influences the perception of the reliability of the volunteers who participate in the site. Even if they have nothing to do with those auctions.

Apparently we are doing something wrong and we have overlooked questions about the auction. We always handle questions about personal matters personally.
The question from Boekenmagazijn about the shipping costs is still open.
The shipping costs have already been discussed in detail in another topic and do not only apply to the auction. We are working on a new set of conditions, which will also include something about shipping costs. A simple table for the shipping costs, discussed earlier, has proved impossible due to the large number of variables (many different countries and parcel services with different rate structures).
The current instruction to auction sellers is recorded in the conditions:
The shipping costs may not exceed the actual postage costs (including Registered / Track & amp; Trace) with a small surcharge for actual costs incurred for packaging material of a maximum of € 1.50.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • June 15, 2013 05:44
added
prices
reviews
Strange state of affairs that postage have been discussed much earlier! Now it is included under comics again has nothing to do with comics the story is simple! You want to send something that costs postage / transport costs can simply be requested. In addition, you have packaging costs that can differ per item, a watch with a radium pointer may have to be transported in a lead box, the packaging is quite expensive, I suspect, but that is the seller's responsibility! At the auction, this is also the case with the seller, but the auctioneer will also have to give an opinion on this on behalf of Catawiki! Everyone understands that you cannot get away with the above article with € 1.50. My question where does that 1.50 come from?
Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • June 15, 2013 12:21
added
prices

I have asked this before for feedback on the lots on offer. Have offered 2 lots 3 weeks ago, but hear nothing. I understand that it is busy and you can send an email to the auctioneer, but making an appointment for a response to the lot within 14 days shouldn't be that difficult.

Show original message
  • 18 messages
  • June 18, 2013 17:14
June 18, 2013 17:14

Indeed, I have been on "offered" with some lots for quite some time now, but I have not heard anything more. Had already offered a few lots before, but was quickly informed that they would not reach the 75 euro limit and were therefore not eligible. I informed the auctioneer that the week before on Monday and Wednesday auction more than 100 lots did not meet this condition. Could it be that my new lots are not getting the same quick response as my previous ones because they are a bit angry?

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • June 18, 2013 20:06
June 18, 2013 20:06

@filleken
Could it be that my new lots are not getting the same quick response as my previous ones because they are a bit angry?

Your questions / comments have already been answered and I don't see a new question. If every comment made us angry, we wouldn't have a good life for years to come.

@paulcoret
I have asked this before for feedback on the lots on offer. Have offered 2 lots 3 weeks ago, but hear nothing. I understand that it is busy and you can send an email to the auctioneer, but making the appointment that a response to the lot will be received within 14 days shouldn't be that difficult.

This is currently a major irritation, for us, but certainly for the providers. We are looking at how we can improve this situation so that the provider is not left in the dark for too long.

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • June 19, 2013 14:08
added
prices
reviews

YES because providers are also Customers and if they walk away then no more Buyers!

14 days I think is reasonable

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • June 28, 2013 15:15
added
prices

I see that there are now 100 lots instead of 150 at the comics auction. Is there less supply or is the team too busy with processing? Incidentally, I now have no response to my offered lots after almost a month. I still have 10 in concept, but I am not bothering to offer them anymore. I look at it for a moment, and then I remove the offered 2. Too bad, I liked it, but since April I find it running backwards.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • June 28, 2013 15:47
June 28, 2013 15:47

I see that there are now 100 lots instead of 150 at the comic auction. Is there less supply or is the team too busy with processing?

Auctioneers are also going on holiday, which is why fewer lots can be screened / placed in the next 2 months.

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • June 28, 2013 15:55
added
prices

Okay, have a nice holiday! Thank you for your quick email

Show original message
  • 60 messages
  • March 01, 2014 00:58
March 01, 2014 00:58

I have been on Catawiki for 5 weeks now and have sold one comic lot. To be honest, I had imagined this entire collection and auction system differently. It also prevents me from further expanding my own collection (read: purchases), because money simply has to come in in order to be able to invest in my collection again ....

Tonight the comics auctions of walked through this week and what is my surprise; within the comic auction of Wednesday 5 March with a total of 200 lots, there is one bidder / seller with no less than 14 (!!!) lots. Furthermore, I cannot escape the impression that professional providers clearly receive priority, because I see that the supply of lots for a very large part of the sellers comes with their own shop. The reaction that these lots are offered more attractively is subjective. Personally think that my own lots offered are not inferior to the lots of these professional providers. I therefore pay a lot of attention to composing (photos and text of my lots). To be honest, I also noticed this week that the quality of the lots offered here and there leaves a lot to be desired; bad, dark, blurry photos - a lot of language errors or bad illogical language structure. I do not want to throw any more mud and will therefore not mention names and numbers here on the forum, but honestly I think this is a bad thing. All the more frustrating when you notice that your own lots are not being inspected, let alone placed.

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • May 08, 2014 11:41
added
prices

And Keisinho, have you heard anything yet?

I wonder how long it took, then I also know how long I have to wait.

Wait again 6 weeks with 2 lots.

1 of them has now been put in the Willy Vandersteen auction by the auctioneer, but remains on "Offered"! "make it out of it.

I understand that it is busy and I have all the tools for that! But I prefer to wait 6 to 8 weeks with the lot "Approved" rather than "Offered" then I also know where I stand.

Show original message
  • 60 messages
  • May 08, 2014 12:09
May 08, 2014 12:09

Hello whoever

Indeed, I have had quite a few lots up for auction since then. The period between offering and approval differs per lot;

Depends on what you offer, how good are your photos, how complete is the description? Is the item offered regularly? - chances of quick placement are then reduced. How rare is your item? The supply of Suske en Wiske is enormous. therefore placing these lots generally takes longer.

I have also offered lots that were approved within 1-2 hours of listing and auctioned the same week. Also have 2 Suske en Wiske lots, which have been on offer for more than 10 weeks.

To be fair, I have to admit that sometimes there is no logic to be found in it.

My advice; If you have patience and trust in the auctioneers, it will all work out in the long run. If you are dissatisfied and want clarity, please send a personal email to the relevant auctioneer.

Good luck!

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • May 08, 2014 12:22
added
prices

Okay, thank you.

10 weeks? Then I still have a little while to go.

We'll wait and see!

Show original message
  • 30 messages
  • May 09, 2014 20:03

I 'ended up' on this page about the auction because I have a (I think) new question, but I first followed the above, interesting Topic where things are clear but still a large number of questions remain, so to read

My question is this:

Last Wednesday, May 7, 2014 saw a lot no. 102, Hip Comics offered by Baringo, interesting in itself only of the 34 pieces for me but a 3 or 4 really interesting for my collection, so not offered but sent an e-mail to the supplier, only no answer and the bidder here is nothing more than a 'number'?

Is there a possibility to get in touch with the bidder because I might imagine that those books are not that interesting for him, but you only find out when you can make contact, it seems to me that there is another possibility and are there more collectors who would like the same?

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • May 09, 2014 20:18
added
prices

Have you already looked in the shops to see if they are for sale there?

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • May 09, 2014 20:24
May 09, 2014 20:24

@DJB
and the bidder is just a 'number' here?

Almost all bidders attach great importance to anonymity and that is why each bidder is given a bid number per lot. This means that it can be followed that the same may bid more often on the same lot.

For the same reason of anonymity, we never give names and email addresses of bidders to third parties.

Show original message
  • 30 messages
  • May 09, 2014 20:26

Thanks for the quick response and I've already taken that into account by putting them on my wish list (in all qualities) so normally auto email but maybe here (as also mentioned above) wait 'a while' until....

But maybe the buyer will also read this and contact you.

Also wondering if others have had this and then the solution?

Show original message
  • 60 messages
  • May 09, 2014 20:55
May 09, 2014 20:55

Dear DJB,

Have you already looked up the desired titles in the catalog? If you do this, you will immediately see whether there are suppliers who have the items you want for sale in their shop. You may have already checked this, but just to be sure.

Show original message
  • 30 messages
  • May 09, 2014 21:15

Attn The Auctioneer: Was also meant to be slightly ironic and I understand the 'system' because bidders do indeed value anonymity and why not. And you can indeed see if (the same bidder) bids more often.

But then some questions:

- I understand that with every auction/lot? the same person (bidder) gets a different/new number every time or a bid number belongs to 1 person, say a personal bid number?

- But why a number and not a (nick)name as is often the case? Because can I imagine that you can use that nickname via the forum and/or cafe and/or? better/faster contact with the person. And now to ask for a 'number' I find a bit impersonal but that is, I think, more personal

- But please suggest how to get in touch with this or the one.

- And then again the question if anyone is familiar with the same and experiences

Show original message
  • 30 messages
  • May 09, 2014 21:19

attn Keisinho

definitely checked and it's even true that you get auto email when it's on your wish list and that works very well. Is it true that those Hip Comics that I have an interest in come from a 3 in 1 Classics and actually have little or no value for the 'normal' collector because they have been cut and removed and are in fact very bad condition

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • May 09, 2014 22:11
May 09, 2014 22:11

@DJB
But please have suggestions on how to get in touch with this or the one

This is precisely what the bidders want to prevent and therefore want to remain anonymous.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 30