Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • May 30, 2013 09:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

To avoid double discussion in a thread, we will continue here.

pegag Catalog Manager 1,469 messages

True, but the only evidence for this towards administrators is usually the packaging. If it is not shown, this is unreliable, cannot be managed and is therefore undesirable.

Yes yes, completely agree, but as long as categories are not managed at all de facto, there are no clear input instructions and auctioneers think everything is fine ...............

fine, fill in the story yourself and color the pictures.

I mean, nice that this one is gone now, but who cares about 3780445 , 3779963 , 3777979 , 3773957 , 3770417 , 3766171 , 3761781 , 3748555 ?????

Is all in the first 10 pages of figurines and should all be rejected because it is in the wrong section or against the entry rules, which are not explained anywhere? And of course it concerns 90% (future) auction lots.

And then I don't even count these , for example (have been imported with care and love, but have to go to toy soldiers) and all the duplications, of which I already see a dozen on those first ten pages, either.

In short, the whole section is a complete mess. :-(

And while I'm getting excited, the section drawing\painting is another section that is becoming polluted and watered down at an alarming rate.

DisneyMeentwijc Catalog Administrator 1,329 messages

Change message

@pegag: unfortunately there are more sections that have few or no administrators. Furthermore, an administrator (at least not a normal administrator) cannot move to other collective categories, so those types of items remain in that category. And to come back to your Figurines and Figurines section, I find the Series/Movie/Game field, for example, very confusing and in the field of Disney characters that causes problems altogether. Often importers fill in Mickey Mouse, with the result that that field is very 'polluted'.

To move items to another section yourself, you'll have to report them all in a forum post, hoping someone who can will move them.

And those Comansi figures now only have to be given their own name, because Wild West figure is not really an identifiable name. It could be anything.

You also see more and more item-specific text with the CataWiki items, such as 'in perfect condition' or 'never seen', 'rare', 'scratch on..' Last Disney auction was full of those kinds of items . I'm working on correcting that, but that also takes time.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • May 30, 2013 10:01
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And those Comansi figures now only have to have their own get a name, because Wild West figure is not really an identifiable name. That could be anything.

The importer has neatly named all images in the 'name' field.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,917 messages
  • May 30, 2013 10:09
added
prices
reviews

You can look at it like this, but see the capitalization, it is not quite

either
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,756 messages
  • May 30, 2013 13:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The importer has neatly named all the figurines in the 'name' field.

If I

And yes I know that this is not strictly enforced everywhere

Show original message
4of 4