6of 6
  • 3 messages
  • May 27, 2013 12:57
May 27, 2013 12:57

Dear collectors,

Many collectors are familiar with scouring countless fairs and markets in search of new items to supplement their collectibles. A mostly offline activity. However, the current trend is that the Dutch are also often active online. This research examines how this trend translates into the collection industry. What does a collector's week look like in 2013?

The survey consists of 12 questions and only takes 3 minutes of your time. Your answers will be used anonymously and for research purposes only. Link to the survey: http://www.enquetemaken.be/toonenquete.php?id=150174

Thank you in advance for your participation and to Catawiki for permission to have the survey placed!

Monique Entrop

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • May 27, 2013 16:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Dear Ms Entrop,

The idea is of course very noble, but I have the impression that it is now an assignment for a particular study. If you do a search in the forum, there are several such questions for surveys.

That is not forbidden, but I feel that the CataWiki collector is a bit fed up and that the response will not be very high. What probably yields a lot of information is to send a direct email to the organization: info@CataWiki.nl. They can help you with more information and, if requested, maybe hold a survey (we are still waiting for a particular survey;)) among the CataWiki members. A message from the organization is usually not considered spam.

I will complete your survey and I hope your research yields many nice results. We would of course also like to hear them here, because for what, is it for what, isn't it?

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • May 28, 2013 14:37
May 28, 2013 14:37

First of all, thank you for completing the survey. A while ago I contacted info@catawiki.nl. I put the question about the studies to Tom, unfortunately he could not help me with this. That is why my proposal has been to conduct a survey on your forum in the hope of a good response. He thought this was a great idea. I think it is a pity to hear that the collector has had enough of this, because I got the impression that these kinds of surveys have not been conducted before, which is why no results are available. For the time being, I hope that it will stimulate people to fill in the survey and to be able to share the great results here, if they are also representative enough. With this request, you want to fill in the survey for nice results. :)

Greetings,

Monique

Show original message
  • 4,319 messages
  • May 28, 2013 15:02
added
prices
info pages

I think the response will be greater if you explain for what research the survey is intended for, who is conducting it and what is happens with the results.

Such a free survey site does not exactly inspire much confidence and the somewhat rickety introductory text does not suggest a very scientific background.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • May 28, 2013 15:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Collectors are usually timid people and not everyone wants to talk about their collection.

I completed the survey and it is very impersonal indeed, so feel free to fill it in. I agree with Boekenmagazijn that it helps if you are more clear. Furthermore, of course very curious about the results and what you are going to do with them.

And who is Tom? I thought I knew the CataWiki team by now. But they all link on vacation now.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • May 28, 2013 22:19
May 28, 2013 22:19

@Boekenmagazijn: Thanks for the tip. This research is part of my graduation research. The goal is to map the online behavior of collectors. It is interesting to gauge where we are now and what needs there are in the online field. Because no data is known about this (I have not found it and CataWiki does not yet have it) it is therefore a baseline measurement. I want to use the results to arrive at certain ideas and solutions that can support the collector online in the future. Of course I will share the results with you here in the forum!

@DisneyMeentwijc: Tom is indeed one of the CataWiki team. I have been in contact with him and discussed the idea of posting my research on the forum. Luckily I got his approval!

Greetings,

Monique

Show original message
6of 6