Go to page
25of 48
  • 1,527 messages
  • March 30, 2013 19:12
added
prices
info pages

Have already done a bit of searching, but cannot find the answers to the following questions:

What to do if someone does not pay after a second reminder?

Is there a place where we can file a complaint?

Is there a place where we can bring those people who do not pay, so that they no longer have access to Catawiki?

How long should one wait for non-payment to put the articles back in the shop?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • March 30, 2013 20:35
prices
March 30, 2013 20:35

Unfortunately I have to conclude that at Catawiki it is increasingly common that ordered items are not paid for ......

I keep a period of 2 weeks and then just put them back

There is no black list. I don't think it makes sense either, because you can just open an account under a different name.

Show original message
  • 1,527 messages
  • March 31, 2013 00:11
added
prices
info pages

However, one could disable someone via their IP address.

Sometimes it is a small person who orders without the consent of his parents, sometimes also a joker? Do I have to order a book from everyone at Catawiki tomorrow on 01/04 as April Fish ???

Show original message
  • 87 messages
  • September 11, 2013 19:21
added
prices

Why can't you, as a seller, enter an evaluation of your buyer?

Now only a buyer can do this.

That would also help, I think.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • October 12, 2013 20:49
October 12, 2013 20:49
Due to the recent Ideal malfunction, I was unable to pay. Catawiki was very quick to remind me (forcefully) of my payment obligation as a buyer. That few will be sorry to get a second chance to bid. On Marktplaats you can always withdraw your bid, you can't do this here, which does not alter the fact that KaeL's suggestion is a nice one, '3 battle is out'. IP- recognition will not work if the provider issues dynamic IP addresses.
Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • October 12, 2013 20:51
October 12, 2013 20:51
And what do we do with sellers who do not deliver after payment?
Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • October 12, 2013 21:19
October 12, 2013 21:19

@ PJW9779
Perhaps a suggestion to give the 2nd bidder the opportunity to honor the bid?

We never do this, our auction is not a marketplace where you can negotiate. The conditions are crystal clear: All bids are legally valid. The seller must deliver and the highest bidder must pay, regardless of the amount of the bid.

And what do we do with sellers who do not deliver after payment?

Conditions for this are also crystal clear. See article 4.9 of Catawiki's terms of use:
If, for whatever reason, the seller does not fulfill his delivery obligation as described in the previous paragraph, the seller is liable for all damage and costs caused as a result, which in any case amount to an amount equal to the buyers lost by Catawiki and seller's commission plus an amount equal to 50% of the winning bid.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • October 12, 2013 21:38
October 12, 2013 21:38
@Auctionmaster: I totally agree, but my suggestion was therefore a response to the sellers who - rightly - become simple from unresponsive buyers. ;-) V.w.b. 'sellers who do not deliver after payment': I collect books for my own study. These are often unique items. If not delivered, I will get the money back, but I still don't have the book Example: 09/26/13 22:08: Lot won 09/26/2013 22:33:07: Order status changed to Paid by catawiki -2013 10:23:47: recalled to seller______________________________ Incidentally, compliments for site + content!
Show original message
  • 207 messages
  • December 23, 2014 13:00
prices

In our shop, a few orders of comics have recently been placed to which no response was given, or, after a reminder, the order was still wanted to be cancelled.

From the forum posts, we know that this happens quite often (including sellers who do not respond to an order), but unpaid orders without a response or canceled orders give us something to think about. Why order something and then not hear from you again or only cancel something after a reminder? It may be that someone is absent for a longer period of time, but then you just don't order yet? It is so polite to say something even if there is regret about an order that has been made.

We noticed, however, that these orders concerned strips that happened to be offered at a current auction at that time or that, after the order was placed, were put up for sale by others at an equal or slightly higher price. When those orders were placed, those items were removed from our shop and thus disappeared from view for others, and higher-priced items remained for sale at other shops.

Thinking about this, we suspect that the empty orders may have been a trick to increase the potential auction revenue of an auction lot, or to sell the same item at our (low) or slightly higher price. But it is also possible that someone really wanted to have the items from the auction lot and 'just to be on the safe side' ordered the same items in our shop, only to purchase them when the price of the auction lot exceeds our shop price.

Possibly individuals try to eliminate competition in this way in order to drive up an auction price, to sell something themselves at our favorable price or to be able to buy something at the lowest price. (via the auction OR via the shop).

But as indicated, this is only a guess and we have no idea if and how often empty orders also occur at other shops.

We are therefore curious whether other shop owners have also had to deal with (a possible increase in) unpaid / canceled orders of items that happened to be offered at auctions or, after ordering, by other shops. Maybe a tip to keep an eye out for that.

As previously suggested by others, it would be good if sellers could provide feedback about the buyers. That could motivate the buyers to at least respond briefly and prevent empty orders.

Show original message
  • 24 messages
  • December 25, 2014 09:37
December 25, 2014 09:37

Hi everybody.

Funny that you bring up this topic Trigopolis.

I myself am just a small seller who has sold something 53 times in a row without any problems.

Now coincidentally had an order twice in a row where no one has responded, even after a number of reminders to the buyers.

Especially with the last buyer, I have/had my doubts about the reasons for no longer responding to my emails, since the comics were fairly specific and are regularly offered on the auction site.

I am also fairly often the cheapest in terms of price of a comic on Catawiki.

Now, 'luckily', I don't make a big deal of it, but keep an eye on these buyers and just put the comics back in my shop.

Show original message
  • 207 messages
  • December 25, 2014 13:34
prices

@Matje

Thank you for your response.

Fortunately, we don't make it a priority, but those possible fake or security orders do create unnecessary extra work. Think of preparing the invoice, looking up / checking albums, monitoring receipt of payment, sending reminder (s), updating orders, etc. and the ordered items are therefore out of circulation for a while.

Of course we want / have to do everything too. handle it carefully so as not to kick sincere buyers in the shins. After all, there may always be a good reason that there is no response or payment.

You hit the nail on the head stating that you may have doubts about the reasons for not responding. We can never really prove it. We also keep an eye on these unresponsive buyers and a feedback system about buyers would be extremely welcome in such cases.

But it is quite an annoying thought if you want an extra cent in this way quickly. earn on the back of others. But yes, when it comes to money, people always get very creative, either in a positive or in this case negative sense.

In any case, we are happy that we are not the only ones with our suspicions. Perhaps there will be reactions from other shop owners so that a better picture is created about the empty orders.

Greetings,

Trigopolis

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • December 30, 2014 14:35
added
prices
reviews

What could also be the reason is the fact that CW's invoice is too business-like.

"Dear (Name) We hereby send the invoice." "" "

A little friendlier wouldn't hurt.

Dear (Name), thank you very much for your order, see enclosed invoice for bank details.

Show original message
  • 207 messages
  • December 30, 2014 15:20
prices

@aartinge

Thank you also for your response and input of this new angle. With our invoices we do take into account a friendly tone setting such as "Dear + name", "Thank you for your / your order at "shop name" and "If there are any questions or ambiguities, you can always contact record us"..

Since we always pay a lot of attention to a friendly tone setting, we think that our cases of no longer responding are not due to (too) business-like invoices.

In addition, orderers normally always indicate that an order does not have to / cannot go through. But lately those cases of non-response of items that happened to be offered at auction or by other shops..

Thanks again for your input and we will continue to pay attention to friendly invoices.

Greetings,

Trigopolis

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • January 11, 2015 15:45
added
prices
reviews

Perhaps it would also be more convenient to alert customers who do not pay or respond that they are on a list of unreliable customers, or that mail is sent from CW with the message that there is one last chance is offered to respond to the purchase, and if not that further orders will no longer be processed.

I have learned over the years that it is advisable to first charge the customer before you will be busy looking for the items together.

Show original message
  • 31 messages
  • January 13, 2015 21:40

So far, the lots have been paid properly here, but I am not a professional seller. Whether you sell professionally or not, it shouldn't matter.

They do pay nicely, but they can also be annoying. Despite some lots stating that everything will be sent via Kiala, a customer stepped on its hind legs and demanded that the lot be delivered to her home, which is no longer possible at Kiala as a private individual. It is precisely those annoying buyers who cannot appreciate proper and neat packaging and shipping "tailored to their size".

Today I found that I the buyer was not very smart. My lot was sent by registered mail via the Belgian State Company. The lot will be sent back to my home because the address was not known. The buyer's street name was incorrectly stated in the Catawiki form. The long street name was written without capitals AND written together on the form. I did add the first capital letter, but the street name consisted of two parts, which the buyer or Catawiki had not mentioned. As a result, the street name is not recognized by the automatic sorting machines or there was a Dutch postman who was a bit unwilling to sort the difficult postal packages.

Is the fault here with Catawiki or with the buyer?

At Catawiki, the email addresses are also partially blinded. A few weeks I saw an email address with "VIJLING" instead of "auction". The latter must have been a blunder from the administrative staff.

Finally, a piece of advice for the sellers: check the addresses via a route planner.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • January 13, 2015 23:33
added
prices
reviews

Dutch addresses are mainly found via zip code + house number, in the extreme case you could also omit the street name

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,397 messages
  • January 14, 2015 10:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I have noticed before that CW tries to translate Dutch text. There is a speech bubble with this text translated from French and then with yes / no if you want to see the original text. The original text was therefore Dutch.

The beauty is that the translation is not correct. Like in another thread where it was about comic envelopes, where the word discount was translated into American Express ..........

And that translation machine is everywhere, it looks like that. word filing also come from.

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • January 14, 2015 12:10
added
prices

@ world2014 the buyer creates his / her own data, including his / her address.

Show original message
  • 207 messages
  • January 14, 2015 16:43
prices

@Aartinge

Perhaps it would also be more convenient to inform customers who do not pay or respond that they are on a list of unreliable customers, or that CW email will be sent with the notification that there is one last chance to respond to the purchase, and if not that further orders will no longer be processed.

To get those people on a blacklist does not seem like such a good idea to me. There may always have been special circumstances that prevented someone from paying or responding. Think of sudden hospitalization or even worse death. I think it would be better if feedback could be given about the buyer where you can indicate that that person has not paid and has not responded. It is then purely a factual representation. If that person has received such feedback more often, sellers know that they may be dealing with a fake orderer.

@Aartinge

I have learned myself over the years , that it is advisable to let the customer pay first before you start looking for the items together.

Sounds good, but we first want to make sure that an ordered item is really available and in the advertised condition before we forward an invoice to the purchaser. After all, it is not nice to have to inform a customer afterwards, after payment, that an item turns out to be out of stock or damaged.

@World2014

Until now the lots are paid properly, but I am not a professional seller. Whether you sell professionally or not, it shouldn't matter, they do pay properly, but can also be annoying.

Thank you for your communication regarding payment of orders. And buyers can be very tricky indeed at times. We know from experience that sometimes a wrong or even an old address is indicated when ordering. Could be due to a typo, but also because, for example, after moving house, people forgot to change the new address in their Catawiki profile. We have already experienced this several times. That is why we always check the correctness of a specified address via google maps and confirm in the invoice to which address the order will be sent. The purchaser can then respond to this ..

Show original message
  • 207 messages
  • January 15, 2015 11:34
prices

In my earlier post I wrote:

I think it would be better if feedback about the buyer could be given, indicating that that person has not paid and has not responded . It is then purely a factual representation. If that person has received such feedback more often, sellers know that they may be dealing with a fake orderer.

In 2010 there was a very extensive topic on the forum Feedback system live! about the introduction of the feedback system. There, Rene gave the following answer on 20-10-2010 at 20:52:42 to Puurveen's question whether sellers may also give feedback:

Hi Puurveen,

"Assume the seller is also allowed to provide feedback"

As we wrote above:

We have consciously chosen not to let sellers also give a feedback assessment of the buyer. In practice (eBay) this often leads to blackmail: "Be careful, if you give me negative feedback, I will also give you negative feedback." It has been the case for some time now that sellers, when they set the status of an order to "Canceled", can indicate that a buyer does not respond after the order. We are now also entering that we will actively compare those notifications and repeatedly shut down unresponsive buyers.

I now know why Catawiki has chosen not to allow sellers to provide feedback about buyers. And if all goes well, those reports of unresponsive buyers will be actively compared by Catawiki and the accounts of repeatedly unresponsive buyers can (will) be closed.

If Catawiki actually carries out this comparison, then that is what I think. is fine enough. This week we added another one to our list of unresponsive buyers. Still annoying, especially since we don't know if there is a good reason for not responding or if we are dealing with a prankster or possible price / offer manipulator.

Greetings, Trigopolis

Show original message
  • 1,527 messages
  • January 15, 2015 13:45
added
prices
info pages

or possible price / offer manipulator.

Have actually thought about it before; When someone has two accounts and there are only two sellers of an item (he and a third), he can order the item with his second account so that he is the sole seller with his first account for quite some time

Show original message
  • 207 messages
  • January 15, 2015 14:40
prices

@lordernie

That is indeed a possible way to manipulate supply and price. But for whatever reason (whether rightly or maliciously) or in any other way, the fact is that orders are made to which a buyer does not respond. And that's really annoying.

What is your experience with unresponsive orderers?

Greetings,

Trigopolis

Show original message
  • 1,527 messages
  • January 15, 2015 15:29
added
prices
info pages

Since last year I've been keeping a list of people who don't respond.

There are already 40 names on it, of which 16 Belgians, 11 Dutch, 7 French and 6 others

% wise, the non beneluxers are the most dangerous, probably because of high postage costs, with the French at the top :-(

Show original message
  • 207 messages
  • January 15, 2015 17:45
prices

@lordernie

Thank you for this insight into the number of unresponsive buyers. Quite a large number that does not make you happy. Perhaps this problem is more extensive than people think.

In the shipping costs section of our shop, we clearly indicate what the shipping costs are for an order. With some articles also with the article itself. We therefore believe that we are not concerned with not responding because of "sudden" high shipping costs. These orderers knew that before they placed the order with us.

Maybe we would recommend a list of unresponsive orderers. Catawiki to check whether these are accounts with which empty orders have often been made, or perhaps switch to the possibility to let sellers also give feedback if empty orders nevertheless turn out to be a major problem.

Hopefully, Catawiki will indeed actively compare the reports of unresponsive buyers so that the real pranksters and malicious parties will eventually be bumped and their accounts will be closed.

Can someone from Catawiki confirm or compare the notifications from unresponsive buyers are actually executed?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 15, 2015 17:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews

To my knowledge, this ancient greyhound idea has never materialized. Probably because the costs of programming do not outweigh the burden for Catawiki. Can you indicate how Catawiki should do this in your opinion? How does Catawiki know that buyers do not respond, for example?

Show original message
Go to page
25of 48