25of 131
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • March 22, 2013 16:19
added
prices
reviews

On the new commission model for shops, see my previous post about it , quite a bit of feedback has come from sellers. We have looked at this carefully.

What was striking is that, in particular, many private sellers found the placement costs relatively high due to the additional VAT (as a private individual you were well above 10%, yet a psychological limit, it was often said). In addition, there were many suggestions to offer an advantage with regard to the placement costs if you purchase the introduced Gold-shop subscription.
Following this feedback, we have decided to make two changes to the new commission model:
1. We will reduce the installation costs from 9.5% (ex VAT) to 7% (ex VAT).
The sellers who had already placed items at the rate of 9.5% will be compensated by us.
In addition, you can still make use of the transitional arrangement. Until the end of this month we have a special offer, where you can leave the expensive items in your shop for 4.75% (ex VAT). Here you can take advantage of this offer. After March 31, the placement costs will therefore be 7% (ex VAT).
2. Gold shops receive 25 euros free balance every month to place items of 75 euros or more.
For every month that you purchase a Gold-shop subscription, you will immediately receive 25 euros in credit. So if you purchase a subscription for one year, you will immediately receive 300 euros of credit credit for free with which you can place approximately 4,000 euros worth of expensive items in your shop. If you have already purchased a Gold subscription, you will still receive this balance credit.
Offering items with a retail price below 75 euros remains completely free after the above changes. No commission is charged afterwards either. So there are no charges whatsoever. More than 99.5% of the supply in shops already had a sales price lower than 75 euros. So this remains good news for almost all sellers.
We think that with these two changes we have processed the feedback in a good way, while maintaining our starting point that we were looking for a simpler model that no longer leads to all kinds of questions and discussions as often happened before with the removal of commission afterwards. That was just going to cost too much manpower. Quite apart from the increasing number of sellers who tried to avoid the commission afterwards by pretending that an order had not gone through.
Finally, we will soon be launching a first additional function for Gold shops. A statistics function is being developed with which you can immediately see which items in your shop have been viewed how often. If you are interested in a Gold shop click here for all the benefits and the possibility to upgrade.
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 69 messages
  • March 22, 2013 16:23
added
prices

Well, see how that works in practice.

It still doesn't seem like anything to me.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • March 22, 2013 16:29
added
prices

this is a small change to the old plan, the core of paying for something is sold remains a pity

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • March 22, 2013 16:50
added
prices

These are cosmetic changes. For my comics I benefit from it, but can imagine that sellers with rare items are not happy with this. I cannot pay for places in your shop. Have a nice art collection and too much, is even in the attic. but I'm not going to offer them here.

Show original message
  • 67 messages
  • March 22, 2013 19:42
prices

I fear that after April 1, more than 95% of all items above 75 euros will disappear from the Catawiki shops.

A small percentage will be sold extra at the auction, but most of the expensive items will be offered on other sites I'm afraid.

And if I say 95% instead of 99, 5% then I am still very accommodating.

I hope that the people of Catawiki have not yet counted on the "possible" income. I fear it could be serious setbacks.

Show original message
  • 88 messages
  • March 22, 2013 21:07
added
prices

Thanks for the adjustment, the gold subscription has now become much more attractive due to the extra balance you get!.

It now makes it much more attractive for me to post more expensive comics.

Nice idea that statistics function, looking forward to it.

Show original message
  • 67 messages
  • March 22, 2013 21:22
prices

Mr-Wiki ... you are one of those 5%

I just checked your shop.

23262 comics for sale under 75 euro and 10 above 75 euro.

Of course you are happy LOL ...
Those 10 comics you can leave it alone if you take gold for a year.

You are EXACTLY one of those exceptions ...

But it won't make catawiki rich .. because I don't see you paying separate placement costs yet. And on those 23,252 other comics you don't pay anything anymore.

Of course this is OK for you LOL

Show original message
  • 88 messages
  • March 22, 2013 21:35
added
prices

Look, there is already 1 who has LOL and that is great ..

I also have LOL because I have already auctioned my expensive comics.

Show original message
  • 5 messages
  • March 23, 2013 10:44
added
prices
March 23, 2013 10:44

Still, let's react: we still don't think the placement costs system is a good idea. This can be solved by, for example, continuing to use the sales commission system.

But I can very much appreciate that the complaints of the customers are listened to and this with regard to the Gold Shop. We will be using the system in the short term.

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • March 24, 2013 20:53
March 24, 2013 20:53

Hi there the new Shops Gold has entered, say three weeks ago, I have never had a customer on Catawiki for a comic order again, it is quite clear that I am not participating in the subscription, partly because I don't even earn from customers per month. I no longer have anything to look for on Catawiki, customers can no longer find the regular shops, or do not want that, maybe too much work, are there other sites where you can do justice to your hobby? I think it's a shame but it's no different, without a subscription you have little to say anything to look for on Catawiki, if you want to sell something. like reactions thanks HomyJannes

Show original message
  • 119 messages
  • March 25, 2013 09:56
added
prices

[Please post this message in another topic - Moderator]

Art auction lot 15: Primitive cool, LP, 1987 - design Francesco Clemente

Mick Jagger, Primitive Cool, CBS LP, 1987.

Lp's at the art auction?

Show original message
  • 24 messages
  • March 26, 2013 11:42
added
prices
March 26, 2013 11:42

@ Rene and team:

Thank you very much, it is good to know that feedback is taken seriously.

I have decided to purchase The Gold logo, As I have already I previously indicated somewhere I have no problems with (continuing to) pay for Catawiki.

I still find the commission model with upfront placement costs an unworkable and annoying monstrosity. Time will tell if you are right by upholding this. In any case, I find this way of settling Gold dues and placement costs very creative.

Show original message
  • 69 messages
  • March 26, 2013 13:24
added
prices

Let's calculate.

Catawiki indicates that my shop has a total value of € 28,975.90. The actual value is € 10,490.70.

That's because I have a lot of Combi offers that couldn't be placed in my shop at once. (don't know if that has changed since then). So I had to put these in the shop in parts with the same price. If I didn't do that with the same price, customers would buy them per piece, for that lower price per piece, while the intention was to sell them all at once. Tarzan 118 pieces for € 1,607.00 in total. These have been placed in the shop 7 times for € 1607.00 because of the above problem.

7 times € 1,607.00 = € 11,249.00 while that had to be 1 times € 1,607.00, then it is too much, 6 times with a total amount of € 11,089.00 true about 8.47% I now have to pay an amount of € 939.24 after April 1, and before April 1 5.75% € 637.62 only for these 118 pieces of Tazan with a price of € 1,607.00.

In total Catawiki asks now whether I want to transfer € 1,645.07 before April 1 to remain in the shop with € 75+ items. That should actually have been € 569.59. Whatever I wouldn't have paid.

Now I must have done something wrong or I don't understand !! ??

Show original message
  • 67 messages
  • March 26, 2013 13:52
prices

I have just checked.

Regarding the comics, there are 166 pages of 30 items (4980 items) above 75 euros.

(Check here: http://www.catawiki.be/marktplatz/areas/147-strips?locale=nl&order=desc&page=1&sort=selling_price)

Wondering how many strips above 75 euros will still be available after April 1 ..

We will know soon.

I think every gold will keep shop owner for 4000 euros worth of comics over 75 euros in his shop (which is included in his annual abbo) ... and then a few exceptions ... and thats about it.

We'll see who is right :)

Show original message
  • 67 messages
  • March 26, 2013 13:56
prices

Ooo and then something else ...

I have already seen MANY ones who have already removed all items above 75 euro myself. They didn't have to, of course, because that will happen automatically if they don't pay before April 1.

But that is promising

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • March 28, 2013 12:54
prices
March 28, 2013 12:54

I've been thinking like this. I think the new sales regulations have the sole purpose of reducing or even eliminating the expensive items in the regular shops.

Why then? ......

To increase the bids on the auctions because less price comparison is possible with a reduced supply of expensive items in shops.

If a shop has a item for sale for € 300 will never yield the same item, with equivalent quality / properties, at the auction more than that amount.

I always determine my maximum bids on the auctions based on the prices of items in shops minus the 9% auction fee. There is (soon enough) always a price stunter in between who wants to sell at all costs. And those price stunters still put a ceiling on the prices at the auctions.

In my opinion, the disappearance of expensive items in shops will only lead to higher prices at the auctions. Too bad for the buyer ..... LOL for the seller and LOL for Catawaki's income ...

Correct me if I am wrong ....

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • March 28, 2013 12:54
prices
March 28, 2013 12:54

Damn .... 2x the enter button clicked so post was posted 2x.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • March 28, 2013 15:15
added
prices
reviews

@revandorst,

You can of course think what you want, but it happens very often that higher amounts are realized at auctions than in shops. Also because there are usually much better images and descriptions for an auction lot.

I have already stated a few times what the rationale is but will copy another text from above:

where we have maintained our starting point that we were looking for a simpler model that no longer leads to all kinds of questions and discussions as was often the case with the removal of a commission afterwards. That was just going to cost too much manpower. Quite apart from the increasing number of sellers who afterwards tried to avoid the commission by pretending that an order had not gone through.

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • March 28, 2013 17:42
prices
March 28, 2013 17:42

@Rene, thanks for your response.

When reading through the posts on this forum, I noticed that many are removing their items of € 75 or more from their shops. This significantly reduces the competitive role of the shops compared to the auction.

It will become increasingly difficult to set a maximum price for an auction object for yourself, simply because the supply in the shops will decrease.

Of course it happens at the auctions that sometimes higher prices are achieved, but I was talking about items of equivalent quality / properties in my post. Of course, more will be paid for a special print, signed items or a special complete collection. So what I was talking about are the "normal" items on the auctions that are now also available in the shops.

I take your word for it what the motivations for the new regulations have been.

In several posts, however, members have suggested that Catawiki wants to get more items on the auctions with the new arrangement. I personally believe that Catawiki also wants that because it is precisely from this that the majority of the income comes or will come. With the new arrangement, expensive items will be offered through the auction more often and Catawiki asks and receives an excellent fee for this from the buyer and the seller.

A sense of (unspoken or unintentional) self-interest for Catawiki of higher auction revenues therefore persists with me, and apparently with others as well.

In any case, I think it's a shame that the range of expensive items in the shops will decrease.

Show original message
  • 33 messages
  • April 01, 2013 16:48
added
prices

beautiful result I must say that new arrangement .. the only thing you see now with the more expensive items is' not for sale ',' fair condition 'and bad condition' .. good advertisement for Catawiki ... Other I see sites bloom again with more expensive material ..

Show original message
  • 69 messages
  • April 01, 2013 17:01
added
prices

Oops my shop is only worth € 353.60 and that was € 28,975.90.

Never received an answer from the Catawiki Team to the problems and questions I raised above.

They are tired of me and I do not understand if they are doing selected answers.

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • April 01, 2013 18:09
prices
April 01, 2013 18:09

And I see fewer and fewer combination offers ...... Well that certain albums are only sold together with the other xx number of volumes.

A completely legal and understandable way to sell an entire series without placement money, but more difficult to select for potential buyers. Again 2 negative effects of the new regulations ........

Is it not possible to adjust the new regulations that, for combination offers, look at the individual prices within that combination? Apparently this is the case with bulk offers.

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • April 01, 2013 18:12
prices
April 01, 2013 18:12

And lately I have been looking more at Marktplaats and 2nd handbook sites .. The offer there is increasing ... and it is free .........

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • April 01, 2013 20:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews

A completely legal and understandable way

Maybe understandable, but not legal.

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • April 01, 2013 20:37
prices
April 01, 2013 20:37

@Arco

Why not legal? Is this prohibited according to the regulations? Those sellers offer individual items under $ 75 and set their own condition (that it is only sold with other parts). If this is not prohibited in the regulations then it is still legal?

Show original message
Go to page
25of 131