25of 165
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • March 04, 2013 11:48
added
prices
reviews

We noticed that our commission model for the shops, where you receive an invoice afterwards unless you cancel the order as a seller, often leads to questions and administrative hassle. There are also regular discussions about the limit of 200 euros in shop value that is used to determine whether you are subject to commission (small shops are exempt from commission). We therefore looked for a simpler commission model. We have found that and we will implement it on March 5th.

In practice it will mean that most sellers will no longer pay commission. Good news!
In addition, a number of sellers indicated that they were willing to pay for more visibility on Catawiki. We also meet this by offering the option to purchase a premium shop subscription ('Gold') where your offer and your shop are more visible in catalog items, in the search results, on section pages, in the marketplace, etc. This subscription is completely optional and there is no obligation to purchase it.
1. Change of commission model
Main change:
Selling common items in your shop becomes completely free. You can offer expensive objects at our auctions or at placement costs in your shop (even then the commission will expire on sale).
What does this mean in concrete terms:
  • Placing and selling objects with a sales price lower than 75 euros is now completely free! We will therefore no longer charge a commission for these objects. The vast majority of items offered in shops fall into this category.
  • For the sale of objects of 75 euros or more we no longer charge commission costs, but we will charge 9.5% (ex VAT) placement costs.
  • The changes will take effect on March 5. There is a transition period until April 1 and a discount offer for expensive items that are still in your shop. So you can consider whether you want to keep your expensive items in your shop or, for example, have them auctioned at our weekly auctions.
How it works:
  • Anyone who wants to offer objects with a sale price of 75 euros or more in their shop, buys a balance credit from us (25, 50, 75 or 100 euros).
  • If you then place an object of 75 euros or more in your shop, 9.5% (ex VAT) of the sales price will automatically be deducted from your credit after confirmation. There is, via your profile page, a clear overview available of all debits and credits from your credit.
Benefits of this change:
  • No more hassle with invoices afterwards
  • You can sell items with a sale price lower than 75 euros in your shop for free and unlimited
  • You no longer pay commission afterwards on items you have sold
  • Objects can remain in your shop until they are sold
  • The balance credit that you purchase from us is valid indefinitely
Transitional arrangement:
Objects that are currently in your shop with a sales price of 75 euros or more will remain free until April 1, 2013. If you do not pay a placement fee for these expensive objects, they will be automatically removed on April 1. Objects under 75 euros will of course remain standing.
If you want to keep more expensive items in your shop after the end of March, then we have a good offer for you.
Offer:
Keep all objects in your shop with a sales price of 75 euros or more and do not pay 9.5%, but 4.75% (ex VAT) placement costs (50% discount).
This discount only applies to items that you already have in your shop. You can delete expensive items in your shop that you don't want to keep before taking advantage of this offer. The new placement costs apply to all new objects with a sales price of 75 euros or more that you place in your shop from now on.
Commission to be settled (old situation):
If a shop still has commission to be settled as a result of later canceled orders for which commission was already paid, this will be automatically converted into Balance credit once after the invoicing round for February.
2. Optional: premium shop subscription 'Gold'
Main change:
From March 5, you will have the opportunity to make your shop and offer more visible on Catawiki. This can be done by upgrading your shop to a Gold shop.
What is the advantage of a Gold shop?
If you want to increase the sales of your shop, we now offer you the option to upgrade your shop to a Gold shop! A Gold shop has a number of privileges over a standard shop. For example, the objects of a Gold shop are visible first for an item in the catalog. Even if you search the catalog and marketplace, you will be the first to come across the range of Gold shops. Gold shops are featured on section pages and have a special icon that inspires additional confidence among buyers. All of this will certainly have a positive effect on your sales.
Information about (web) shops: address, opening hours, telephone number, reference to own site:
Displaying your physical address, opening hours and telephone number is possible with a Gold subscription. Referring to another website is never allowed. We invest a lot of time and money in making Catawiki and the Catawiki shops findable and think it is important that people stay on our site. References to another site in your text, banner or shop name are therefore not allowed. Click here for the shop rules.
You are not committed to anything!
You can purchase a Gold subscription per 3 months or, with a discount, per year. The subscription will then automatically stop after that period and you are not committed to anything. So don't hesitate to give it a try!
In summary: selling in your Catawiki shop becomes free unless you choose to offer more expensive items. Optionally, you get an option to make your shop and offer stand out even more.
Finally: we will not charge the commission on sales in the first days of March (1 to 4 March). So an extra advantage!
We hope to have informed you well about the upcoming changes. Let us know if something is still unclear and you have questions.
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • March 04, 2013 11:50
added
prices

think that this is at the expense of the expensive items in the shops

this new measure

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • March 04, 2013 11:55
added
prices
reviews

@puurveen,

You can read quickly say :-)

Less expensive items will probably be offered in shops, but it will also give an impulse to the purchase and sale of items cheaper than 75 euros. So that will be completely free.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:05
added
prices

had um hanging in the box

why do you think the sale of cheap items is increasing?

the supply will grow

I've read the gold story, I'm not really convinced yet

will there be a mega banner on the home page of, for example, buy now at Zuiverveensboekenshop?

you are then at the top, but at a glance you are with the other sellers

and if, for example, 2 sellers have the same product and gold ??

I found the 5% perfectly clear rule

why that 200 limit was already a mystery to me something for small sellers I believe

but you will definitely get a kick out of it

marktplaats.nl also had a limit under everything at the time

the 200 free after that 6 euros

also pages full of discussion

luckily they have done away with that

ps Jacquelien Doornbosch a poke

ps 2 now go enjoy the sun

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,320 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:08
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Placing and selling objects with a sale price lower than 75 euros is now completely free

Does the € 75 also apply to combination offers or is the value shared by the number of items in that promotion?

This new commission model will undoubtedly boost sellers to offer more items in the shops. This also makes it very nice for collectors who get more choice.

Show original message
  • 69 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:10
added
prices

So if I place 100 strips á € 1.00 as bulk in my shop, I have to pay € 9.50 in advance, even if I have not sold them yet or if I later want to change my offer, I have to pay a placement fee again.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:15
added
prices
reviews

@ Fam-Comics,

When adding bulk in individual items, the selling price of the individual items is taken into account, so if it is below 75 euros, it is also completely free and you do not pay any commission on anything.

@Collectioneur,

With a combination offer, ie a combination of items for one sales price, the sales price of the combination offer is considered. You only pay a placement fee if the combination offer has a sales price of 75 euros or more.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:18
added
prices
reviews

@Puurveen,

As the supply continues to increase, Catawiki will become even more the place where collectors will look to expand their collection, so the demand will also increase.

I also have to go now. See you later.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,755 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:20
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I read between the lines that it was in any case starting to become a serious problem that all kinds of so-called smart guys, especially in more expensive things, used their shop primarily as an advertising page and then tried to arrange the actual sales outside the Catawiki system to get the commission bypass.

Show original message
  • 69 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:22
added
prices

So for the Tarzan 118 pieces for € 1607.00 that I offer in my shop, I now have to pay more than € 150.00 in advance without them being sold.

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:26
added
prices

I thought the 5% rule was a good rule. I understand it, by the way, it is a huge hassle to collect those commissions, especially with late payers, etc. And especially when it comes to selling items for a few euros, for example. One has to run after a duppie. This can be prevented by setting a credit (as is now introduced for expensive sales). With a credit of 10 euros you can then sell for 200 euros. This is also a financial hassle and more importantly I think, this costs extra hours (read costs) for the administrative management. The gold shop will pass by the vast majority. Most are small shops, like mine. Correct me if I am wrong. The risk here is that Catawiki will become a platform for the professional sellers (these are in fact online stores) and the small sellers are increasingly marginalized. That would be a shame. So far I have had nice experiences with selling, but still made some people happy. And also with purchases, often pleasant communication.

Show original message
  • 25 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:36
prices

Man man what an incredibly bad idea ...

Yes it will boost the sale of cheaper items, but it will kill the more expensive, less traded, items. There are thousands of items that certainly have a (sales) value of more than 75 euros, but which are only sold sporadically. These items will all disappear from the shops.

No person will place an item with a value of, for example, 400 euros on Catawiki for 38 euros, even though they do not even know when or whether they will ever sell the item. The ratio is really completely lost, because what if you want to offer twenty books with a high value?

The result will be that a large uniform sausage will arise, with items under 75 euros (much more than now) and some items above 75 euros that are regularly sold. All other items will disappear because it is simply too expensive. Those items, among others, were the strength of Catawiki.

I understand that a solution is being sought for sellers who try to sell their products outside the system and thus avoid their commission, but I fear that this decision will will ensure that there will be less earned ...

Show original message
  • 701 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:49
added
prices

Is there a way to quickly see all the items in my shop that cost more than 75?

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:50
added
prices

yes, click on price, then selection will take place from low to high or from high to low

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • March 04, 2013 12:55
added
prices

Denz has a point. I once put a rare Dali catalog up for auction. Not sold, costs 21 euros. If I place it in the shop, I can pay nearly 35 euros in advance without it being sold.

Show original message
  • 318 messages
  • March 04, 2013 13:11
added
prices

I predict a lot of prices of 74.99 euros and less in my shop than.

I'm glad it's all free :-)

and many lots at the auction of 75 euros and more.

Anyway, take the expensive books to the fairs.

Fortunately, I now know just before the comic days.

Then put expensive books on Marktplaats.

It's a pity because less expensive items will now be imported in favor of the Catalogue.

Curious where this is going?

If I've read it correctly I don't have to do anything until 01-04 just change some prices maybe.

Show original message
  • 33 messages
  • March 04, 2013 13:26
added
prices

return marketplace, ebay, second-hand, fairs ... is a bit crazy, no longer a collector's site but pure booze. People who dutifully pay their commission are punished. As a trader / collector I understand very well that a site like Catawiki should generate income, I would like to help by paying my commission on my sales, also on expensive items! .. I and others spend hours adding items to make Catawiki great .. In order to 'reimburse' others (read the Catawiki team) extra with my 'free' contribution, find about it. If I could I would like to delete all my entered items, I am really unhappy about this change. Like all other sites, Catawiki is just as much as any other… collecting money, nothing else. shame!

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • March 04, 2013 13:46
added
prices

ps. combination offer. If it is more than 75 euros, sellers will reset it to individual items. There is a description, "also in 1 sale with other items of the same series, possibly with a discount, contact us via message". A good analysis with a few buyers / sellers in a platform would have provided a better solution and support. As is often the case, the solution is devised without taking a good look at the path to it.

Also the time frame for announcement / effective date is too tight. You will only just be on vacation until April 1. All your items above 75 euros bargain

Show original message
  • 2,418 messages
  • March 04, 2013 13:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews

A pity because less expensive items will now be imported in favor of the Catalog.

The largest group of importers are the buyers and collectors, so I'm not afraid of that for

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,320 messages
  • March 04, 2013 13:56
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In order to finally 'compensate' others (read the catawiki team) with my 'free' input find about it.

Incidentally, it seems to me more of a measure to reduce costs for the Catawiki team than to increase income.

I'm glad it's all free :-)

This is also my feeling, because the vast majority of sales are for items that cost less than € 75.

When the old commission scheme was introduced, whole doomsday scenarios were announced at the time; this would mean, among other things, the end of Catawiki. Since that time, quite a bit has been improved on Catawiki.

Show original message
  • 318 messages
  • March 04, 2013 14:06
added
prices

@ Auctioneers, Big Buyers and top collectors will stay away from the catalogue.

I will continue to offer expensive items at the auction myself and I think that is also part of the plan for setting up this system.

But I decide to remove all expensive books of 75 euros from the shop, which saves me a lot of administrative costs.

As a result, I can give a discount in the shop in a different way.

I just bought a collection of beautiful hardcovers and luxury items, luckily not everything has been entered yet, so I will put the series up for auction.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • March 04, 2013 14:37
added
prices
reviews

I was away for a while, but it is nice that this change is paid attention :-)

Collector wrote:

Incidentally, it seems to me more of a measure to reduce costs for the Catawiki team than to increase revenues.

We do indeed assume that this change will bring us considerably less shop commission income on balance, the vast majority of items sold are cheaper than 75 euros, but that was not what we were interested in.

Comics Magazine wrote:

I am happy that it is all free :-)

This will apply to many sellers and that's fine.

If I have read correctly I don't have to do anything until 04-01, just maybe change some prices.

Indeed. If you do nothing, the offer of 75 euros or more will disappear from your shop on April 1. There is then no more commission on the rest and your shop will then be free.

Pegag wrote:

I read between the lines that it was in any case starting to become a serious problem that all kinds of so-called smarts, especially in more expensive things, used their shop primarily as an advertisement page and then tried to arrange the actual sales outside the Catawiki system to get the commission bypass.

That is indeed an annoying phenomenon and it certainly played a role.

Denz wrote:

No person will place an item with a value of, for example, 400 euros on Catawiki for 38 euros, while he does not even know when and whether he will ever sell the item.

That is of course up to each seller to assess. If an item is sought after a lot, it can be sold very quickly if you offer it in your shop. You can now see that happening regularly. If you don't have confidence in it, you also have the option to auction it with us. Every seller can make such considerations himself.

Fam comics wrote:

So for the Tarzan 118 pieces for € 1607.00 that I offer in my shop, I now have to pay more than € 150.00 in advance without them being sold.

There is an offer for what is already in your shop. You have the option to leave it at half the placement fee after March 31. In any case, this change means that all items under 75 euros in your shop will no longer cost you any commission at all.

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • March 04, 2013 14:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Major buyers and top collectors will stay away from the catalog.

Everyone should know that for themselves, of course, but when I was at school 9.5% was really less than 12 , 5%. And 0% was less than 9%. So if you know the approximate value of an item, both seller and buyer are cheaper through the shop in a transaction than through the auction.

Show original message
  • 111 messages
  • March 04, 2013 14:52
added
prices

I have now REMOVED all items with a sale price of € 75.00 and higher. Under the currently applicable conditions, it is no longer profitable for my stamp shop and the margins used to offer these items via CATAWIKI. I would like to make way for the professional traders.

I would like to further reflect on the GOLDEN shop program. For the time being, the benefits do not seem to outweigh the requested price. The profit on my assortment of stamps is dime and I do not want to increase my prices towards the collectors. First I want to wait and see the developments.

The design of CATAWIKI has always been a collectors site and collecting is a hobby for most people. This may also cost something. But when SOMETHING gets - MUCH the fun goes away anyway.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • March 04, 2013 15:18
added
prices
reviews

@ john-seeker,

But when SOMETHING gets - MUCH the fun goes away anyway.

Then you will probably have a lot of extra fun now because on your remaining 26,000+ items you now no longer have to pay commission when selling, so NOTHING anymore ;-)

Show original message
Go to page
25of 165
This topic is locked