3of 3
  • 12 messages
  • January 26, 2013 23:57
added
January 26, 2013 23:57

Good evening,

Since a week I have got it again and (after a break of 2 years) I continued entering my Indiana Jones collection .
Now I am left with a few items that I don't really know where to put them.
My Indiana Jones Lego for example: I can find series Lego (like StarWars), but not Indiana Jones. Is there the possibility to make a separate series of this?
Furthermore, I have been able to place everything under the heading 'figurines and figures' so far, but I also have Indiana Jones cups, glasses, birthday cards and a wallet.
At 'statues and figures' I see that you can fill in for example a drinking cup or wallet under the heading 'type of object', but that does not seem right?
I hope there are people here who can help me on my way .

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • January 27, 2013 01:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hello Renato,

welcome back to the CataWiki site! Visited once and it never lets you go! Even if you haven't been there for a few years! As long as you collect, you cannot avoid the fact that it is a very handy website and you can catalog your collection in it.

What is not in it, you can simply enter yourself and that is the power of CataWiki! Building the CataWiki Catalog together and it continues to grow. You simply have to enter your Indiana Jones Lego under Theme in the collection category Toys, Star Wars was also entered once. I am very curious, because I can remember it, but have not seen it for a long time.

When posting the photos, please note that the CataWiki watermark can get on the object. This way it is also more difficult for other people/sites to use your images. That is not always possible, so try to minimize the background in that case.

Try to place items that are not yet in CataWiki as much as possible under the Category of what the item actually is. However, cups are an exception, because if they are made of ceramics, porcelain or earthenware, they fall under that category. If they are made of plastic or paper, for example, then I think they fall under the category Other, for example the drinking cups . Other than that, a lot fits into that category, but take a good look around CataWiki before you do. An item can no longer be moved by normal users or administrators.

Birthday cards fall under birthday cards in the category Other.

And as far as 'figurines and figures' are concerned, I think the types have now changed, although it is not always clear. The point is that there is an image of a figure and by type you have to fill in what the function of the figurine is (see explanation next to it).

What a nice collection and it probably took you a long time to get it. Congratulations and I really enjoy watching it. Maybe also nice to mention in your profile what you collect?

Show original message
  • 12 messages
  • January 27, 2013 20:25
added
January 27, 2013 20:25

Thanks for the detailed response!
I will continue to see if I can find all the sections to place my collection. The Lego has already (almost) succeeded.

And yes, I have indeed been working on this collection for a while. It all started sometime in 1994 when I saw StarWars, shortly afterwards Indiana Jones and then just about every movie Harrison Ford starred in ...;)
And I'll see if I can expand my profile .

Show original message
3of 3