8of 8
  • 2 messages
  • January 19, 2013 22:31
added
January 19, 2013 22:31

Just came across the following on the Catawiki coin website, which just seems like abuse of the website for commercial reasons:

- See country Curaçao, Suriname.

- On 25-12-2012 I imported a 1 Gulden coin from the West Indies with accompanying data.

- What did I just see, on 19-01-2013, to my amazement and great irritation :

1. the obverse of the image of my 1 Gulden coin has been replaced by an image of a 1/4 guilder coin from the West Indies. The downside is left untouched.

2. the text in 'Particulars' as well as the other data of my 1 Gulden coin have been replaced or adapted to that of 1/4 Gulden.

3. The above adjustments were made by member 'crioos1w' on 14-01-2013 according to the Catawiki website, who therefore offers his 1/4 Gulden on the Catawiki website for € 250.00.

4. Because I have registered my 1 Gulden coin in my collection on the Catawiki website, the original image of the obverse of my 1 Gulden coin can be found immediately for everyone.

Such acts as by 'crioos1w' should not be allowed on the Catawiki website.

Webmasters, I kindly ask you to correct this shortcoming as soon as possible and to restore the data and images I originally entered for the 1 Gulden coin of the West Indies.

Forum members, what do you think of this act of 'crioos1w'?

'Crioos1w', how do you get it into your head to do what you did on the website?

Can get very angry about this.

Regards,

Capricornus I

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 856 messages
  • January 20, 2013 00:02
added
prices
reviews

Stylish

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • January 20, 2013 00:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Capricornus-I

Have you approached Crioos for an explanation? There is a difference between abuse and misuse. It could also be ignorance of a new user. Try to settle it first before making allegations through the forum.

Show original message
  • 224 messages
  • January 20, 2013 02:23

Capricornus-I,

the adjustments are undone. I also assume that it was a mistake and I also approached Crioos about this and gave tips.

No need to panic :) there are always administrators. We are a bit behind with work, so a report is definitely in order. Thanks for that. Mistakes or abuse like this are important enough to be on top of it.

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • January 20, 2013 09:17
added
prices
reviews

@Capricornus

Catawiki is a wiki website. The strength of this lies in the ability to adjust / supplement entered data by anyone.

Occasionally, therefore, it happens that a collector "flips an existing item."

He then adjusts the data of an item in such a way that a new item, his own, is created. This is not an abuse but is the result of ignorance.

Of course, as Chillian has done, administrators always roll back these kinds of changes.

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • January 20, 2013 09:25
added
January 20, 2013 09:25

@ Succo

I totally agree. In a word, all said.

@ Ted

Given the way the changes were made, I have no way of imagining that this was done out of ignorance. Misuse instead of abuse, agree, if you want to call it that. Just think that things like this belong on the forum, also for all other members, to show that these things are really not possible. Felt like I saw my car's license plate driving around on another car. Is also misuse.

@ Chilian

Thank you for restoring the original correct data. Have a look at the website and see that the offer of Crioos is still there. Crioos's offer is for a 1/4 Gulden West Indië and not for a 1 Gulden West Indië, isn't it? Maybe you also correct or pass that on to Crioos. Good that you approached Crioos and gave tips. I think that is more something for a Catalog Manager than for myself. Glad there are administrators. Thanks again for the assistance. Find Catawiki a wonderfully beautiful and interesting catalog / website. Understand that maintenance is time consuming. It is almost impossible with so many different subjects and data.

@ rikMooren

Thank you for your response. Noted.

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • January 20, 2013 09:35
added
prices
reviews

Given the way the changes were made, I have no way of imagining that this was done out of ignorance

@Capricornus

In the comics section, where I am an administrator, I regularly come across these kinds of promotions. I also always ask for a response from the "omkatter"

When it comes to transforming an existing item into a new item, the vast majority of users really believe that the old item will coexist with the new item.

It therefore seems a good thing to me that you first check with Crioos, if necessary via an administrator, why he has done this.

edit: Crioos had not been a member of Catawiki for another week when he changed your item ....

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 523 messages
  • January 20, 2013 09:58
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Thank you for restoring the original correct data. Have a look at the website and see that the offer of Crioos is still there. Crioos's offer is for a 1/4 Gulden West Indië and not for a 1 Gulden West Indië, isn't it? Maybe you can also correct this or pass it on to Crioos

Fortunately administrators cannot change the items in a shop. There is less than 12 hours between notification of the unjustified change, reversal and the above. Chances are that C. hasn't checked his email since 10.30 yesterday evening.

Show original message
8of 8