20of 20
  • 43 messages
  • December 31, 2012 22:07
added
prices

We talked about it before with Donald Duck, but I remain convinced that Big Little Books belongs to books.

Today I added another Big Little Book: a booklet of Houdini with Magic Trics.

Automatically a comic book is made of it.

Anyone who can improve it, will do what they want ...

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 856 messages
  • January 01, 2013 00:36
added
prices
reviews

Then why do you enter em in comics and not in books?

Show original message
  • 43 messages
  • January 01, 2013 01:31
added
prices
I added it to BLB
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 01, 2013 02:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Then why do you enter em in comics and not books?

Maybe because it doesn't make sense to have them in two places. That encourages doubling. But I do agree that they should all go to Books. It is now abundantly clear that it is not about comics at all. I would like to transfer them once, you know. As soon as I have a bit of an understanding.

Show original message
  • 43 messages
  • January 27, 2013 21:33
added
prices

A little bit elaborate?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 28, 2013 03:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Yes, but no time ...
Show original message
  • 151 messages
  • January 28, 2013 09:41
added
prices

Get well soon !!

Show original message
  • 43 messages
  • February 06, 2013 21:49
added
prices

Progressive insight.... (sigh)

Through an auction I managed to get my hands on a large lot with Big Little Books. About thirty books.

You can't say, "It's all books."

I have only entered a few booklets but I come to the following varieties:

1. Left pages text, right pages cartoon drawing.

Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse and others

2. Left pages text, right pages drawing.

Houdini

3. Left pages text, right pages stills from a film .

Jackie Cooper

4. Left and right pages cartoon drawing.

Popeye, Smitty and Herby et al

The last variety prominently states 'All pictures comics' on the cover, at least on the books I now own.

This is probably a good guideline to make a distinction between 'books' and 'comic books'.

It is clear that the form (BLB) says nothing about the content.

There are BLBs that are books, there are BLBs that are comic books.

Actually nothing new under the sun.

Before introducing another 15 booklets, I think it would be smart to be able to enter BLBs for books and comic books.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • February 07, 2013 01:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The fact that it contains a drawing of a cartoon character does not make it a comic book. That is why they will all end up at Boeken, because they do not meet the Catawiki definition of a comic with the exception of a few copies. And then the rule is that the few comic books that are in between are included in the big series, in this case with Books.

See also Zwarte Beertjes, Dwarsliggers and so on.

Show original message
  • 43 messages
  • April 05, 2013 00:47
added
prices
- "Tarzan Escapes" and "Tarzan's revenge" are now in books. Can that be merged with the other BLB's? -When entering the series "Little Big Books and Jumbo Books etc" I did not cut and paste the wrong way. r-mark be removed? -in general you can say that the average BLBs in the Netherlands represent a new price of around 100-150 euros. Can those prices be adjusted?
Show original message
  • 43 messages
  • June 28, 2013 23:37
added
prices

(Content removed by moderator. Quoting on the forum from personal mail traffic with other users is not allowed without permission of the sender.)

Yes, but no time...

I think emails like this should start like this:

Dear Kennemerland,

We appreciate your substantial contribution to the enlargement of the catawiki collection, but would you be so kind in the future,...

Mr Arch,

I don't know you, but I already asked you some questions in this thread. I didn't get an answer to that. That's annoying.

I think Catawiki is a wonderful initiative, but I am aware that you are pursuing a commercial goal with the help of volunteers.

I collect Big Little Books. I get the information about those booklets, among other things

http://www.biglittlebooks.com/listings/Whitman-BLBs1932-1949.htm With cut and paste I copy a few things, too bad if you don't like it.

I still have some BLBs laying around. I'm going to enter it my way.

Mr Arco, please be a little kinder and answer the questions above. You have now experienced for yourself when questions do not lead to behavioral change.

Kennemerland

Show original message
  • 856 messages
  • June 28, 2013 23:52
added
prices
reviews

You are just kindly requested not to start with capital letters, nobody does that, so you wouldn't say, if you want to do it your way, you are very selfish in my opinion. Not to mention the work you provide to the administrators.

Cutting and pasting from another site does not make it any faster to just type in the text on Catawiki. You can enter entire arguments here, so perhaps also in the text field, or is that asking too much?

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • June 29, 2013 00:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think Catawiki is a wonderful initiative, but I am aware that you are pursuing a commercial goal with the help of volunteers.

May I address you on this. This is an unfounded statement. What commercial purpose do you mean.

http://www.biglittlebooks.com/listings/Whitman-BLBs1932-1949.htm With cut and paste I copy a few things, too bad if you don't like it.

That certainly does not please, copying and posting texts on Catawiki is not allowed due to possible copyright.

I still have some BLBs laying around. I'm going to enter it my way.

Catawiki is an open source and we thank all users for their input. However, to guarantee continuity, we do have guidelines and administrators who also voluntarily monitor those guidelines. If your entry does not comply with this, it will be rejected and removed by an administrator, which is a waste of your time. The Comic Book Handbook is a good source of information on what, where and how to enter.

Addressing someone degenerate as sir is inappropriate. Please read the Forum Rules at your leisure.
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 29, 2013 00:29
added
prices
info pages
reviews

For the sake of clarity, let me first put the text of my e-mail back, because I have no problem with that in this case. (Obviously all understanding for the moderator who initially removed it from Kennemerland's post above, because that's how it should be)

Dear Kennemerland,

A.u.bh. don't use capital letters in the title field, except where they belong.
I think I asked you this before. right?
Thanx!

Greetings, Arco

In terms of friendliness, I read successively 'Dear', 'Please', a dubious question mark (because I 99% sure I asked before), a thank you in advance and 'Greetings'. The sex is missing, but otherwise it all seems most friendly to me.

No, sorry, the only unfriendly one here is you, by responding to a forum before you even answered my mail properly. In fact, you state that, despite my most sympathetic request, you want to keep doing it your own way. I have nothing against stubbornness, I have that often enough myself, but if the stubbornness of others costs me time, I will soon be done with it in the future; beautiful books or not.

By the way, in the postings above I do not see any question that is being asked of me, so the accusation about this also seems out of place.

Big Little Books have also this topic that you started the attention of the administrators and there will be some egg about it; I can't say or promise you any more.

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • June 29, 2013 09:42
added
prices
reviews

@Ted

May I address you about this. This is an unfounded observation. What commercial purpose do you mean.

(Catawiki has always been a company, nothing has changed.

t text from a moderator!)

Shouldn't a company be making a profit?

Making a profit is right a Commercial goal?

Which there is nothing wrong with by the way.

Although 100 Comics auctions less per Week in the next 2 Months let's say average auction 80.00 €

At 9 Weeks that is a turnover of 72,000 €, so less income for Catawiki of 15,840 €

for a young company a lot of money, as an entrepreneur I can scratch my head.

Mrs. Baron.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,916 messages
  • June 29, 2013 10:16
added
prices
reviews
@baron and a number of buyers also next year the World Cup is probably already on the agenda
Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • June 29, 2013 11:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

(I thought when posting this comment that I would get a response about this :-)

Of course Catawiki is a company and strictly speaking you are then commercial. You got that absolutely right. Only it is brought into this context as if Catawiki is only busy generating as much money as possible without offering much in return. In addition to this income, there are also considerable expenses (advertising, employees, programmers, server costs, etc.) that is too often forgotten.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,916 messages
  • June 29, 2013 11:50
added
prices
reviews
I do not feel that those costs are underestimated, but what is the purpose of advertising for a commercial company? Don't get me wrong, we (I) know there is a need to make money.
Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • June 29, 2013 12:17
added
prices
reviews

A forum is there for Discussion questions and answers etc? as long as it doesn't get personal!

That is also no problem at all without merit no Catawiki, (and no problem at all for me) I personally think that a difference should be made much more clearly between Catawiki Auction and Catawiki Catalogue, these are increasingly diverging and that this might be discussed in an update clarified by the owners

And as far as the 2 Month Vacation is concerned and therefore fewer Auctions, I thought I didn't read it right, I find this Business very questionable.

Not only the Commission is lost, but also providers who now probably have to wait even longer for an OK. 4 Weeks is now normal thinking at Strips, look at it, but I will sell elsewhere and are lost forever.

the financial damage in the long term can be much higher here

A Manager, Buyer and Seller with a warm heart for both the Cata catalog and the auction Baron.

now have to work 14 hours see it tomorrow

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • June 29, 2013 23:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This threatens to become an off-topic discussion that actually belongs in the Catawiki café. Maybe we should continue it there. Is anyone thirsty?

Show original message
20of 20