20of 20
  • 3 messages
  • December 21, 2012 06:49
added
December 21, 2012 06:49

We are novice sellers in the comics auction. Now I have already offered various items for sale to the auctioneer since 27.11, lots worth more than 100 euros, but so far only 1 lot has been auctioned. It seems to me that it is always the same sellers who get a place in the comics auction. You keep seeing the same names. I find it strange that I have to wait a month before one of them gets through auction, I wonder if it is useful to keep entering things?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • December 21, 2012 16:13
added
prices

if you have complaints, email the auction master and do n't complain

on the forum that is not done

and certainly does not help the process!!!

my lots also sometimes wait a while I have complaints or questions

then I just politely email the auction master

and guaranteed quick reply

best regards and happy days the shepherds

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • December 21, 2012 16:21
added
December 21, 2012 16:21

I think "complaints" is a big word. But anyway, it was a comment on my part. But thank you for your "friendly" answer.

Deherders

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,909 messages
  • December 21, 2012 22:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It is normal that you have to wait some time. It also depends on what items you list and what condition they are in. They want to keep the quality of the auction high.

More places are reserved for old items in very good condition than for less old items in worse condition. They only put a few of them in an auction. I can imagine that there are a lot of them on offer and that the queue is now very long.

Maybe an idea for an auction theme! Catawiki's junk corner. No new states, no high prices, but nice albums!

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • December 21, 2012 22:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Jozef. sellers and buyers still (very wrongly) ignore the Shops.

If more images were placed there, that would help a lot.

The 75 Euro should be lower for me and of course also some realistic prices

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • December 21, 2012 23:03
added
prices
info pages
reviews

and of course some realistic prices

Some people still think they have found gold. Sometimes that is also the case, if the album had no damage.

"Still very nice for its age" is an expression that already makes my eyebrows frown. And then they add a price of "near mint condition".

But it would be nice to put all those albums up for auction. Then other people with a smaller budget also have a nice evening instead of looking in amazement at the thousands of euros that other collectors spend.

After that, others may adjust their ridiculous prices after seeing the results.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • December 21, 2012 23:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

But it would be nice to put all those albums up for auction.

That's not necessary for me. An auction is for 'expensive' objects. Now 75 Euro is the limit for putting up for sale at auction and photo is mandatory (in shop).

I buy much more <75 euros than +75 euros and if it is more than +/- 10 euros then I don't buy if there are no images.

I may be an exception.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • December 22, 2012 09:57
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I buy a lot more & lt; 75 euro than +75 euro and if it is more than +/- 10 euro then I don't buy if there are no images.

I also mainly buy below the price of 75 euros. If the album is around ten euros then I will not buy it because I will already find the shipping costs too much. Unless, of course, you can find multiple items in one shop.

And indeed, if people want to get rid of their stuff in an auction system where quality isn't very important, there are other sites where you can. But in the meantime, the pile of 'lesser' items is accumulating at the auction master (that's my guess) and people are growing frustrated because nothing of them ends up at the auction.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • December 22, 2012 11:42
added
prices
reviews

We are evaluating the operation of the shops and the auction and looking at different options. There is indeed a lot on offer. And there are certainly still things to improve.

@Deherders, regarding your specific lots it is better to contact the auctioneer directly.

Show original message
  • 245 messages
  • December 29, 2012 17:27
prices

It is indeed true (and that is my opinion) that certain sellers do get priority at the auction. But why go to all that trouble to get to that auction anyway.

Set up a nice shop with good prices and the necessary photos and sales will also go well if you have good material on offer. If the material to be sold is not good, you will not get good prices at the auction or at the shops.

If I had to be the auctioneer of the comic auction at Catawiki, then the sellers received a consistent quality (good so) take precedence anyway. That's an economic principle, and an auction is still a risk.

Nick.

ps. and please stick to the 75 € limit, for me it's still about the quality and not the quantity.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • December 29, 2012 19:06
December 29, 2012 19:06

ps. and please stick to the 75 € limit, for me it's still about the quality and not the quantity.

This is also the objective of the auctions, we select on attractiveness for the auction. So on yield and on particularity.
The problem, of course, is that you can never estimate 100% correctly what will ultimately be the highest price offered for a lot.
Here too the credo certainly applies: "Results from the past are no guarantee for the future".
We've seen items that used to be very profitable and now less than half, as well as items that scored low in the beginning and now have very high returns.

After an auction we sometimes receive comments that we could really have estimated better in advance that certain lots would not achieve the expected yield. It becomes (just a little) if you can indicate this exactly per lot, before the bidding has started. It's that the auction could be affected by that, otherwise you could turn it into a competition :-)

At the start, more than a year ago, I said that auctioning will generate a lot of emotions. We have been amply confirmed in 2012 on the forum alone. Also during the bidding we see frequent rallies between 2 - 4 bidders who want a particular lot. That's the nice thing about our auction system, you can get emotional without anyone seeing you.

= * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * = * =

A great opportunity to thank every bidder, provider, expert and employee for the successful past auction year.

We wish you a successful and above all healthy 2013.

Show original message
  • 245 messages
  • December 29, 2012 19:11
prices

Indeed, and I have to agree with the auctioneer 110%. And it is very difficult to estimate (almost impossible) what exactly a lot will yield.

And from me everyone a happy 2013 and may all your wishes come true in all sorts of areas!

Nick

Show original message
  • 37 messages
  • December 30, 2012 20:35
added
prices

We are evaluating the operation of the shops and the auction and looking at various options. There is indeed a lot on offer. And there are certainly still things to improve.

It has happened several times that an item fetches a strong price at the auction, while it is cheaper in my shop, and that someone buys the item directly from the shop shortly after the auction . That's positive and the auction is a good indicator of value. Would it therefore be possible to click directly from the auction to the catalog item? So that the shops that offer it for sale become more easily accessible. Now you can do this, for example, by typing in the CW number.

Show original message
  • 245 messages
  • December 30, 2012 21:07
prices

@Bruicke. Think that the auction for Catawiki is more profitable than the shops. If you're really interested in an item in the comics auction, check out what's for sale in the shops before bidding.

Regarding your statement about "the auction is a good measure of value", I only partially agree. Think of the Nero auctions from a while ago. 2 bidders who are bidding against each other and thereby pushing the achieved price to great heights. Take one of those bidders away and then ...

Normal business, I fully agree.

Regards,

Nick.

Show original message
  • 37 messages
  • December 30, 2012 21:14
added
prices

If you are really interested in an item in the comics auction, check out what is for sale in the shops before bidding.

Correct. And for that, clicking through from auction to shops would be a handy solution, instead of taking a detour now.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • December 30, 2012 21:35
added
prices
reviews

We don't want people to be influenced by list prices or accidental prices in the shops at the time when bidding. That is precisely why we have not made a direct link with those prices. If someone really wants it, it can always be looked up, but we want that bidding can be influenced as little as possible via catalog and shop prices.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • December 30, 2012 21:43
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Bruichke Correct. And for that, clicking through from auction to shops would be a handy solution, instead of taking a detour now.

Although I have nothing to do with it myself, I can understand it best. At an auction, the costs are higher and the risk is also greater. If you then create a direct link to the shops, they will actually participate in the auction without any excess.
And as Rene says: not being lazy helps ;-)

@ Nick4u Think of the Nero auctions from a while ago. 2 bidders who are bidding against each other and thereby pushing the achieved price to great heights. Take one of those bidders away and then ...

I don't know about Nero, but I used to check it out on ebay every now and then. That was mostly waste paper (no idea what the shops were like). If I now take a look in the shops, I see that the 'good copies' are there for prices that are even higher than at the auctions. Maybe this is because of the auctions (that they are in the shops and / or have a high price).

Show original message
  • 37 messages
  • December 30, 2012 21:45
added
prices

@rene Yes, that makes sense.

Or another idea, that the second or third bidder at an auction will receive a message from CW afterwards that the same item is for sale on the marketplace . Without notifying the shop owner of the bidder's identity.

A resit that helps flush out the disappointment of the lost bid :-)

Show original message
  • 245 messages
  • January 14, 2013 19:38
prices

@Bruichke, and what did you earn from that? Nothing. Why bother? If one item fetches a very good price, then the next one will certainly return at one of the following auctions. Why redirect to another site if you don't earn anything from it? "Basic Economics"

Nick.

Show original message
  • 37 messages
  • January 14, 2013 21:34
added
prices

By "marketplace" I mean catawiki's marketplace, not any other website. It can be an extra service for the losing buyer if he gets a second chance (as ebay gives) in a webshop immediately afterwards. The offer at the auction is limited in volume. Multiple in the shops.

Show original message
20of 20