11of 11
  • 3 messages
  • September 06, 2014 10:58
September 06, 2014 10:58

On 08-27-2014 I had bid on a Nikon lens, had the winning bid of 20euro.

We are happy but to my indignation we received an email from the seller she thought it was too little. I don't want to agree to this. Since; if I pay too much for an item I also don't get a refund.

I also want to mention that we have been told by the auctioneer that they cannot do anything about it.

We have now been more than a week, and have not heard anything from Catawiki or the seller.

So far no lens, but no money back.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • September 06, 2014 11:45
added
prices

If this is correct, it seems to me that the provider is banned!

Show original message
  • 119 messages
  • September 06, 2014 11:49
added
prices

Buy safely. the auction terms 2 state: If the item is paid to Catawiki, the seller must send the item within 3 working days.

Show original message
  • 36 messages
  • September 06, 2014 11:50

I don't think the seller has a leg to stand on if he should have set a reserve price. This is not a marketplace. The winning bid is leading and the seller must simply send the lens. He or she must comply with his or her obligation according to Catawiki's terms of use.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • September 06, 2014 12:08
September 06, 2014 12:08

Agree with all of you!

Just know how I can fix this now?

Show original message
  • 207 messages
  • September 06, 2014 13:13
prices

@ Opelastra,

Personally, I wouldn't even want to take the lens off such a (worthless) seller anymore. Want to collect the profits but not the possible losses. Then why is he putting something up for auction? Such providers really affect the good reputation of Catawiki. Really incomprehensible and I sympathize with you.

But I think there is little you can do about this in view of the articles 4.9 and 4.10 of the User Regulations which I have copied below for the sake of convenience. In short, it means that a seller is obliged to deliver an item, but if he does not then .....

My advice is to inform the auctioneer about the seller's unwillingness again. and indicate that you have given notice of default to the seller and that you wish to receive a refund of the full amount paid (including shipping and buyer's commission) in the event of non-delivery.

Certainly not to have the purchase canceled by the seller because then he will probably not have to pay a fine. Hopefully Catawiki will also implement this provision, certainly in their own interest. And finally, give the seller a negative feedback that warns future customers about his very unprofessional attitude.

Strength and success,

Trigopolis

~ 4.9 The seller is responsible for sending the Lot in accordance with the agreement between the seller and the buyer. When bringing in the Lot, the seller must determine the shipping costs and indicate whether the Lots can also be picked up. The seller is obliged to deliver the Lot for the offered price to the highest bidder under the conditions as determined by the seller when the Lot is installed. The Seller is obliged to send the sold Lots to the buyer carefully packaged within three (3) working days after payment has been received, unless it has been agreed that the Lots will be collected. If shipping costs are lower than stated in the Auction, for example because the buyer collects the Lot or if several Lots are sold to the same buyer, the seller must pay back any overpaid shipping costs to the buyer.

- 4.10 If, for whatever reason, the seller does not fulfill his delivery obligation as described in the previous paragraph, the seller is liable for all damage and costs incurred by Catawiki as a result, which in any case amount to an amount equal to the amount charged by Catawiki. lost buyers and sellers commission plus an amount equal to 50% of the winning bid or, if that is higher, 50% of the sales amount estimated in advance by the seller

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • September 06, 2014 13:48
September 06, 2014 13:48

Thank you for sending the auctioneer another message. Hope he does respond now!

With the reference to the regulations. Thanks

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • December 18, 2014 22:44
December 18, 2014 22:44

It would be better that each seller should be able to voluntarily set a lower limit as the minimum selling price or not. This also attracts additional salespeople, because it gives them better control. And therefore buyers do not run into the above example.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • December 19, 2014 11:50
added
prices
reviews

for more expensive items you can already set a reserve price

there may be more resellers but also fewer buyers

that is The nice thing about an auction is that you cut the knife on both sides if you want to be safe as a seller, you should not use an auction.

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • December 19, 2014 17:28
December 19, 2014 17:28

More sellers means more pressure to lower the price, that's how it works in the market.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,909 messages
  • December 19, 2014 17:58
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@opelastra: But what's the outcome? A few months later ...

Show original message
11of 11