Go to page
25of 39
  • 124 messages
  • May 03, 2011 21:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Entering your soldiers is by no means always easy because there is often no brand or number on it.

As the rubric grows, the more likely that the relevant figure has already been placed and you have to search in the Themes. Series, titles, production countries, eras, etc.

Almost every figure is part of a series or series and it is just like with stamps paying attention to the mutual differences and the similarities to determine what does or does not belong together.

If there is one more packaging, everything becomes a lot easier. If there is no more packaging, we just pretend with a name and series chosen as logically as possible and then we hope that in the future someone will recognize the figures and have the correct information and images

To order a box with e.g. To enter 20 figures, proceed as follows:

The box is entered as 1 item with its own images and the name as given by the manufacturer and the manufacturer's number of the box, year, production country, scale, in short, everything that is important.

1 e photo of the front

2 e photo of the back

3 e photo of e.g. the content as a group

At 'series' enter the series or group name under which it is marketed, for example: Matchbox Military figures, series yellow, Airfix Collectors series, 54 mm construction kit, preferably with the number also mentioned.

The boxes / construction kits can be found together as 1 group via this series of indications.

The individual figures can be entered separately.

If the figures already have a number, they keep it.

The loose figures without their own number are entered with the number of the box as the factory number, possibly with a known or self-given serial number behind it

Example: box number 1604

The number of the individual figure will then be either 1604-01, the next 1604-02, etc.

In the overview, the separate figures become visible at the box if sorted by manufacturer number.

If figures are delivered unpainted, they will always be entered as "unpainted".

If you only have a self-painted figure, enter it as "unpainted" and add your own photos.

As soon as someone has the photos of an unpainted copy, they will be replaced to keep the catalog as fair as possible

The painted specimen will then remain visible in its own collection.

If a figure is both painted and unpainted or even supplied as a kit, then they are different items for the catalog, even if they have the same number.

What belongs in the section:

The dimensions of the figures in this section are limited for practical reasons.

Figures that are so small that depicting them separately is hardly useful. Don't belong here. Smaller than scale 1:72 or H0, smaller than 2 cm fits better with trains etc.

Most action figures are the Barbies for men and belong either to figurines or dolls.

The eras Prehistoric and Future have also been omitted from this section.

In the "Types" field, "citizens" are included insofar as they really form part of the themes belonging to this section. Sometimes figures fit better e.g. trains and they must also be placed in that section. Vehicles should only be placed in this section if they belong to the figures. If the figures belong to the vehicle, so if the vehicle is more important, then it should be either model cars or in the not yet existing section "modeling" at home. In any case, please mention "modeling" under "themes".

Ships (boats), planes can also be placed, but only if they form an integral part of a certain scene or diorama.

The same applies to the "Landscape" and "Buildings" types. A number of things that fall just outside will have to wait for a separate section for "Model building, construction sets, dioramas, etc.

With that which is placed, at least mention "modeling" under "themes".

Weapons such as cannons, siege towers, etc. can be included as separate items, but not separate hand weapons, which belong to the resp. figures

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • August 31, 2014 05:52
added
August 31, 2014 05:52

Hello Kees,

Thank you for taking the trouble to explain all this so clearly. I have now placed several boxes. However, I also have a lot of loose soldiers. I know what brand they are and would like to place them. It is not possible to make a separate cup with individual soldiers, I assume?

I just place the individual soldiers with the brand?

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • August 31, 2014 11:35
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hello Joan-AJ

Of course, place individual soldiers with the correct brand if known.

Do you also know from which series or box, then place it there, The number of the box then determines the name of the series. If you know what such a series should look like, you can immediately enter a sequence number. If not, it will be done at a later stage.

Good luck!

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • September 01, 2014 21:55
added
prices
reviews
September 01, 2014 21:55

Elastokees thinks of a limit of 1:72 or higher for individual figures. This is not a good thing. Boxes of eg Airfix, Matxhbox with unpainted 1:72 figures contain 50 to 70 figures. The question is very much to what extent these can still be qualified as loose toy soldiers. I assume that these boxes can be included as a whole with number, although they actually belong to modeling or wargames, but 70 individual figures do pollute the section very seriously. With a broken box of 70 figures you are almost at the 20 figure brands that are displayed in the main field, this to the detriment of the real toy soldiers who each have a much higher collection value than these tiny figures from the mass production. That is why, in my view, a breakdown of boxes is only eligible at scale 1:35 and higher. Only those figures are recognizable as toy soldiers.

Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • September 01, 2014 22:16
added
September 01, 2014 22:16

So if I understand correctly I cannot put my collection on Catawiki unless it is soldiers larger than 1/35. (Doesn't that pollute?) But I only save 1/76 1/72. That would be a shame. Then it is no use for me to use this site for my collection.

And of course there are 40/50 soldiers in a set, but often the set consists of many soldiers with the same poses. It often happens that you have 50 soldiers and there are 15 poses in it.

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • September 02, 2014 14:45
added
prices
reviews
September 02, 2014 14:45

Dear Joan,

I saw that you have already correctly added some 1:72 boxes, including from Esci. You can clearly see the entire contents of the box in your photo. So everyone can see the figures separately. To also add individual figures from a set to the catalog has no added value for the smaller scales and pollutes the catalog. A proposal could be to include individual figures from a set in the catalog for all scales larger than 1:48 (American gauge 0 scale). Less than 1:48 so only as a complete set. All these sets are unpainted and are still attached to the casting trees and are therefore better classified in the unfortunately not yet existing section modeling. For the time being, you can only store your complete sets 1:72 / 76 with toy soldiers. As you can see, that scale is already extensively present in our section.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • September 02, 2014 15:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This has something unreal to me, Joris. Individual objects may be imported anywhere in Catawiki. In addition, sets can also be entered in most sections if, for example, a packaging can prove that it is a set.

Those unpainted dolls should be able to get a place individually. , otherwise I'm afraid we will disappoint a group of collectors. They don't belong here painted; collectors can display their private painting (s) with images in their own collection. But are you saying they are not allowed in the Toy Soldiers section? Or do you mean that for the time being they are allowed in the Toy Soldiers section until there is a separate section for it and they can possibly be transferred collectively?

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • September 02, 2014 18:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews
I think Joan and Arco are right.There is no reason to determine what should and should not be collected on the basis of scale criteria, suppose that they would enter the value criteria for stamps and 1 cent stamps are only allowed as a complete series.You must have your collection in Catawiki. a manager should not be lost for personal motives "I don't think small soldiers are serious soldiers 1:35 I only think soldiers" exclude large groups of collectors and do not take them seriously
Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • September 02, 2014 19:05
added
September 02, 2014 19:05

Of course I will not enter all what I have in boxes as separate figures. But I once started collecting soldiers when I was very little. I did not keep the boxes then. I know which brands they are and which countries they should present. So I have all the data at hand.

I would like to show what I have in my collection. I see that it is done with 1:35. I would therefore regret that an exception is made for 1: 72/76.

I would like to hear whether or not I can post them.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:00
added
prices
reviews

~~ I would like to hear whether or not I can post them.

Of course just post them first under other if necessary

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:10
added
prices
reviews

~~ only 70 loose figures pollute the section very seriously

who determines that?????

I'm really getting the cribs right now

most comics are about Din A4 so Din A5 is not allowed?

I have my closet full of Dinky Toys all 1/43

but there are also Dinky's 1/72 and 1/24 not many but they are there so if there is a user who has them and puts them in then I as an Administrator only have to make sure they are good at it are set and whether the photos are ok but who gives me the right to refuse them ridiculous.

Baroncelerie Manager, Books, Dinky Toys and Magazines.

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:17
added
prices
reviews
September 02, 2014 20:17

It seems to me that we as Catawiki should first agree on what the section toy soldiers should actually include. If every other manager of other sections without any knowledge of the facts gets involved in the discussion, it does not seem to me to benefit the status of Catawiki. As co-manager of another section, speak to the manager in private about why he takes a position in his section. Toy Soldiers is a different kind of rubric than stamps or comics. I am also not saying that every separate page of, for example, a Tintin book should be included as a separate item in the catalog. The section toy soldiers no longer covers the load, the very small bowls were never sold as toy soldiers, and were not allowed to be sold as toys when they came on the market due to the risk of ingestion for children. We have been waiting for a model building section where they belong.

And Celery dinkies are not sold in a set of 70 pieces at the same time. I would say shoemaker keep to what you know about.

Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:26
added
September 02, 2014 20:26

Joris, however, this is not true what you are saying. I bought my toy soldiers (I didn't buy, I got from my parents) just bi de bart smit and the intertoys. There they just lay as toys. That's how I came into contact with the soldiers and I used to play with them as well. Just like other children in my class. Maybe that changed later, but at the time it was certainly just a toy and it was next to the playmobil and the lego.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@joris2

Oh, my gosh, we have another islander in the house who wants to protect his area against foreign influences. You just act normal, man, and please just answer the questions I kindly ask you. Surely you also understand more things than toy soldiers? Then try to argue without creating friction with people who also happen to be managers of something. Everyone can have a say in everything here. Period.

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:33
added
prices
reviews
September 02, 2014 20:33

Joan

Bart Smit and other businesses sold these types of items as modeling, often with the inscription not suitable for children.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:34
added
prices
reviews

Here I have a cupboard full of boxes of airfix 60's German army, English, desert with camels, commando, Russians, foreign legion, Japanese etc etc etc. The whole series were painted and then they played with them.

and then boxes full of something larger already painted or the plastic or metal was completely colored army napoleon, prussia, idians, etc. which usually consisted of 3/4 parts and were sold separately for every 5 / 10ct. played along

who decides which ones are not allowed and which ones are allowed in this is a wiki

and this is far from personal but I collect even more if only things I manage am my wife for example shoes- :)

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:41
added
prices
reviews

@joris2

So in your opinion someone should only participate in the discussion on this topic if he / she has taken an aptitude test on the topic. Too crazy for words !!

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:46
added
prices
reviews
September 02, 2014 20:46

I would say people first learn to read what someone else is writing. I hereby close this discussion becomes very obnoxious with all admins and not with Joan what it was about.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • September 02, 2014 20:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Please don't want to send me all of a sudden reproachful private messages, because you entered the discussion here yourself, note in the first instance with your fellow administrator elastokees. May I point out that if you as Toy Soldiers keepers jointly decide that they are not allowed in that section, then I am suddenly interested because they probably have to go into Other? For now, however, I don't want them with Other, as I believe they belong with Toy Soldiers. Not nice for the user - who would like to enter them - if an answer to the questions asked is not forthcoming.

Again: you are not on an island here, there is only one Catawiki. Many decisions also have an effect elsewhere in Catawiki. So it concerns us all. Even closing this discussion is not up to you.

Show original message
  • 22 messages
  • September 02, 2014 21:22
added
prices
reviews
September 02, 2014 21:22

But it is up to me not to continue my discussion with you in public in this obnoxious way. That does not seem to me to be in the interest of Catawiki that administrators exchange unpleasantness publicly.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • September 02, 2014 21:38
added
prices
reviews

There was no unpleasant word, only criticism and you should be able to handle that ...

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • September 03, 2014 07:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Joris2 our general scale 1:35 does not want to be contradicted by the infantry scale 1:72 ... what a guest ....
Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • September 12, 2014 06:02
added
September 12, 2014 06:02

Since I actually didn't really have an answer to my question ..... one says places and the other doesn't ... I decided to enter my individual figures as sets. A pity because that gives a pretty distorted picture of my collection, but apparently I have to solve it and fill it in on my own page so that I only have 6 figures of it, for example. Still find it strange when I look under eg airfix that I see German alpinists loose 1/32. My dolls are exactly the same with just as many poses but they should not be placed separately. Unfortunately. I am now looking for a site where I can place my collection as it is. So if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • September 12, 2014 16:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Joan, I would just post them as single soldiers if you don't have the whole set in the box. You always have them as separate soldiers and there will be many more people who have separate soldiers.

And if they are rejected by an administrator (I think Joris in this case), then I would put them with statues / figures / figurines. I think they would fit in and belong in that too, but there is simply a separate section toy soldiers (from the old days when everything got its own section?). And you can still enter the scale yourself, so what's the problem with entering 1/76 or 1/72?

Good luck and I hope you can still enter your collection completely in CataWiki. After all, CataWiki wants to become complete and be the Catalog of everything that is collected. Furthermore, the CataWiki Catalog is made by every collector and therefore also by you.

Good luck!

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • September 12, 2014 16:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Please don't give advice that goes against the agreements, Disney. Do not enter with figurines if the boxes are with Toy soldiers. Elastokees and Joris2 are probably still discussing, so let's give them their time and wait a little longer.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 39