8of 8
  • 429 messages
  • June 08, 2013 11:00
added
prices

My experience shows that Buyers at auctions and shops sometimes shy away from the excessively high shipping costs.

The lower and more accurate the shipping costs, the faster sales or bids will go. This has everything to do with gaining the trust of your buyer and fellow collector.

Remember that a returning buyer (collector) is much more valuable than a one-time buyer.

I have as an example for auctions even shipping costs of a book to "rest of the world" seen of more than 60 € (could be done through the letterbox) while the actual shipping costs are around 25 € (with track and trace) That is simply a disguised way to knock extra money out of a buyer and of course backfire.

Of course you can charge costs for the packaging, but it is better to include this in the selling price.

So:

1. determine the weight of the package in advance and state the market-based shipping costs in your shop and on your auction.

2. If necessary, indicate whether it is with or without Track and Trace no. (Recommended for more expensive items).

3. Send track and trace number to the recipient after shipment.

For smaller shipments within the Netherlands, DHLfor you is cheaper than TNT post. Moreover, you can easily print a shipping label online. TNT post is more suitable for heavier shipments.

Finally some information about labels.

For years I have sent items by always writing the address details on a package with a marker. Especially if you ship a lot of stuff, this is a time-consuming activity.

It is therefore definitely worth considering purchasing a DYMO labelwriter.

This saves a lot of time and searching for a marker. .

Success

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,421 messages
  • June 08, 2013 11:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews

As an example at auctions I have even seen shipping costs of a book to "rest of the world" of more than 60 € (could go through the letterbox) while the actual shipping costs are around 25 € (with note track en Trace) That is simply a disguised way to knock a buyer out of the bag extra money and of course works counterproductive.

True, but because "regularly" shipped items did not arrive. it has been decided within Catawiki that everything must be sent by registered mail. Then the difference between letterbox post and registered mail is big

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • June 08, 2013 11:10
added
prices

I am not aware of that appointment. Where does that say?

I have never experienced items not arriving with track and trace. And then you are talking about a period of 20 years.

But if you mean that it is recommended to send larger parcels with track & amp; trace I can go along with that

Show original message
  • 251 messages
  • June 09, 2013 20:55
added
prices

I have never experienced that items with track and trace did not arrive. And then you talk about a period of 20 years.

Then you're in luck, especially if you send a lot.

The post (postnl) was even one of mine recently. lost registered parcel!
According to the track trace, it arrived at a sorting center about 2 months ago, and that's it. They have no idea where the package went.

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • June 10, 2013 11:27
added
prices

That's bad luck Johan, especially when it comes to an expensive shipment.

Incidentally, I can recommend DHL for you for shipments within the Netherlands. You can pay and print a label online. It is also cheaper up to a certain weight and it is picked up and delivered by a courier.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • June 10, 2013 14:08
added
prices

DHL / Select freight takes a long time 3 to 5 days for delivery

buyers want it yesterday at home

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • June 16, 2013 12:13
June 16, 2013 12:13

Maybe a strange question, I paid shipping costs when paying for a lot "old Germany".

Now the selling party emails me that I have to pay shipping costs again.

Is this correct?

Show original message
  • 429 messages
  • June 16, 2013 12:24
added
prices

Doesn't seem right to me. Just email the selling party that there is a misunderstanding or ask why he sent the mail.

Show original message
8of 8