25of 28
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 402 messages
  • August 10, 2020 23:03
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Actually since the beginning, it has been nonsense to keep your collection in Catawiki / LastDodo if you do not make it public. Now it is not that I have such a secret collection, but as with so many I do not have a "real" secret. However, this does not mean that everyone should know everything.

That is why I keep my collection private, and that is precisely the problem. If I want to check whether I have an item in my collection, that is not possible. The only way to find out is to go to my collection and search there. Not exactly a workable situation. That's why I've decided not to keep anything in LastDodo anymore.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • August 11, 2020 00:14
added
prices
info pages

My collection is also on private, but I can see in the catalog which items I have included in it. They are all marked with an orange line below the icon "This item is in your collection".

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • August 11, 2020 08:01
added
prices
info pages
reviews

BigBadWolf and Boekenmagazijn: Whether or not I put my items in private does not matter. I have a shortcut to shop as well as collection, so I can switch quickly and look up 1,2,3. Beautiful system. I have now put my collection on private as a test. However, I do not see the icon "this item is in your collection" and / or an orange line at the catalog item which is in my collection? I work from a PC with Windows 10, it may be that this is not visible to me?

Show original message
  • 1,565 messages
  • August 11, 2020 08:11
added
prices
reviews

You must enable this in your profile Harrie.

You can then see which items are in the search list or collection. It does not matter that the collection is private.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • August 11, 2020 08:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Rik, good morning, was turned on, but I may have to wait a while because I have a lot in my collection so maybe that still has to happen. To be on the safe side, I unchecked and turned it on again and then I will see if it works later. I do notice that since yesterday, although I am logged into Cata auctions or Lastdodo, I have to register every time. Is not a disaster, just click on log in and then I will be back without entering a password. New security?

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • August 11, 2020 10:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Those check marks work fine though. Only the check mark [only search in the catalog] has no function anymore, I assume?

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • August 11, 2020 11:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Useless because you have to go the extra mile? Perhaps understandable in this heat…

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 11, 2020 12:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Those check marks work fine though. Only the check mark [only search in the catalog] has no function anymore, I assume?

Once those pages have been LoadedDodo'd you will indeed not see some check marks again.

Show original message
  • 402 messages
  • August 12, 2020 19:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

OK, just a little nuance. In the overviews you can indeed see whether you have an item. But where it goes completely wrong is with the item itself. And if I look to see if I already have something, that is the route. From there, you should first look for an overview to see if you have the item. Apart from the fact that it is annoying, you also run the risk that the cookies will be obstructed if you search for the overview in a new window.

Show original message
  • 2,122 messages
  • August 12, 2020 21:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The items in my collection are never completely random. They always belong to an author, or a series, or a theme.

So it is natural for me to look through a collection area to see what I have and what I don't.

But if a lot of people find that useful, it is probably not that difficult for a programmer to implement icons on the item page.

Show original message
  • 402 messages
  • August 13, 2020 20:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews

But if a lot of people find that useful, it is probably not that difficult for a programmer to implement icons on the item page.

I don't have much hope for that. A long time ago I suggested doing something similar for administrators to immediately see if an item has any reviews open without having to open the link again.

Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • December 10, 2020 11:57
added
prices

Just a supplement for the programmers regarding this one (they are busy adjusting here and there).
Was actually a suggestion for the site, but this is definitely related and certainly an interesting item.

Since History shows what is going on (changed / changes / approved, I consider that to be a technique that keeps track of whether something is open or completed ?? As far as everyone agrees? (doesn't want to get too technical).

The possible solution then for the devs: hide / display comment indicators (this similar technique).
With traffic light icons ?? (do not have to be large), eg just something for the price in gallery? (there is still room there). Seems like a very useful addition.

Alternative invention: in addition to the block icon (in collection), there is 1 that shows History as the only indicator that something is still going on in History (or changes). For example red icon, which changes to green when everything is completed.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • December 10, 2020 12:12
added
prices
reviews
It is completely pointless for a user to know whether an item still needs to be reviewed. It's a wiki you know? The relevant administrators have their own software for this. So don't change anything ...
Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • December 10, 2020 12:36
added
prices

You miss the point, there is no change internally that prompts you to do something? Just a visual indication.
And pointless? When I enter or change an item, and I hope that I do it right, it was a useful thing for me to see quickly (was it right? Or what was wrong = learning curve). And besides that. if something is changed .. will that also affect my collection? You take a very short turn .. So it really makes sense for me .. (for others I can't talk).

(You don't have to do anything if you don't want to? It just reports something. You don't have to click on it (could be).) Nothing more or less. And it does not take the software actions away from the administrators, that remains. But they would be able to see something quickly (also a user) through 1 button / icon notification.

Wiki no (different interpretation), but about the same possibilities. And basically it was about simplification.

Not every change has to be a disadvantage.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • December 10, 2020 12:47
added
prices
reviews
I don't miss any point, I have been an administrator for years. Reviewing is nothing else to say that stupid changes are kicked out and whether the user has followed the rules. An administrator does not have a copy of every book next to him to check whether everything is in order. Again, totally pointless for a user to know this, the next better-known person will make changes again and they will have to be reviewed by an administrator in due course, sometimes after years (there is so much backlog). And that is in due time a pointless activity because it can be changed again afterwards. It is and will remain a wiki!
Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • December 10, 2020 13:19
added
prices

I'll model it differently. Do you want to know in a simple way (quickly) whether something has been changed (by whom and how or why is irrelevant) or is still being reviewed 'must' .. That could be done by using 1 single color (icon) for an item.
That only changes user-friendliness (easy visual notification).

That's all ... (I'm not talking anywhere about internal changes and the work involved when operating in that area).

Seeing something at a glance, instead of clicking on each item (no idea whether an administrator will receive a notification if you wish) seems to me to be a great time saver or click-saver.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • December 10, 2020 13:33
added
prices
reviews

I will try again to make it clear to you that an administrator has completely different software for that, who never looks at the item page itself.

and completely unnecessary for a user because it is and remains a wiki

Show original message
  • 2,398 messages
  • December 10, 2020 14:06
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And pointless? When I enter or change an item, and I hope I do it right, it was useful for me to quickly see (was it right? Or what was wrong = learning curve).

Now I wonder Leike, do you check every week if your changes have been approved?

An administrator can choose to send you an email about it, or not, if it is a disapproval. Usually not, because then you have less nagging.

Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • December 10, 2020 14:30
added
prices

@fazerco, if it concerns changes that I have made (..week already indicates, I want that, then that's the core here) then the answer is yes. (and after minimal info I can do something with that).
And why would an administrator send that via e-mail? Am I already aware of it? (another relevant point).

And @Morits, thanks for clarity, but may I point out that it is an idea and I not own or can see any administrative software. And yet: I am also a user, and I see advantages in this.

in short, in a different form: so I may conclude that for those who use a mobile phone and receive an SMS, the light or notification sound is also useless. Because then that does not add any value, because people look eventually sometimes

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • December 10, 2020 14:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ Leike-w, then take a look at the history. Two simple clicks.

Just a visual indication.

We should not turn an item page into a Christmas tree where we hang everything.

Show original message
  • 2,398 messages
  • December 10, 2020 14:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Leike

An administrator can send an email if he / she thinks you can help the person why the change has been rejected.

You will learn to see if they have been approved / approved if you make thousands of changes. And some from 5 years or more back will still not have been reviewed. But an administrator can see that, not me anymore.

Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • December 10, 2020 15:16
added
prices

How history works is clear to me, and yes that it should not be a Christmas tree, I agree. Which page (preference would be gallery, not item), I leave in the middle.

The idea arises from messages, what do I use myself, how can this possibly be introduced (technically), possibly increases the ease of use. Does it also benefit someone else?
Before I post something like that, I have already looked at it from various sides, and whether that could be a possibility.
So globally and not focused on 1 user.

And there are still plenty of possible ideas, useful or not, but if one is afraid of change (can go forward, but also be a decline), we should not just avoid everything. Stagnation is death, going back after the old loses the right to exist in this time. (external intrusion by current usage systems).

So possibly my next will be posted in Suggestions for the site.

Show original message
  • 628 messages
  • December 10, 2020 15:24
added
prices

Thank you for your response @fazerco, that's clear to me.
I tried to push something like that into a simple appearance (via icon) by means of another possibility, which helps, but it looks too deep. And unfortunately what administrators can see I am not aware of.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • December 10, 2020 16:27
added
prices
reviews

Leike

It makes no sense at all to see if your change has been reviewed, it can take years.

I'm guessing that there are now more than 100,000 changes to review, so do the math. Rather, do more important things.

Show original message
  • 240 messages
  • December 10, 2020 16:30
added
prices
info pages
reviews

What, in addition to Leike's suggestion, I would find useful is to receive a notification (and preferably in-site instead of via mail, but that is a discussion in itself) if an item that I entered changed or removed (eg due to duplication).
I haven't entered many items yet, and I regularly look back at all those items to see who added or improved what. This to learn from. But that is time-consuming and cannot be sustained in the long run. On the other hand, anyone who enters / changes a lot is not waiting for countless reports. When you enter (or change) an item you could provide an option like 'receive notifications for this item'.

Makes sense? In any case, a notification functionality must first be built, also useful for e.g. new orders, an item from your wish list that has been added, bulk addition ready, replies to a discussion you are participating in, @mentions in a discussion, ...

Show original message
Go to page
25of 28