Go to page
25of 53
  • 6 messages
  • September 14, 2014 15:40
September 14, 2014 15:40

Dear everyone,

I searched the forums for answers to similar questions, but couldn't find anything.

I have a lot of which the buyer is already 7 (working) days after the winning bid (September 3rd). I don't know exactly what the rule is for payment (eg within 3 working days?); I do know that Catawiki itself also uses a 'grace period' of 2 to 2 1/2 weeks between payment by buyer and payment by seller.

Suppose the buyer pays (forced / collection agency) only after 3 weeks, plus the 'grace period' of Catawiki, then I can look forward to the payment of the lot in 7 weeks?

I have heard from the auctioneer that Catawiki has a procedure for defaulters. Is this procedure publicly available somewhere?

Also understand that the winning bid cannot be undone and may possibly be transferred to the bidder who bid just before ("everything is automated").

What are your experiences with defaulters and how long does such a procedure take on average?

Sincerely,

DannyA

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • September 14, 2014 16:48
added
prices
reviews

yes click user conditions & amp; 4.9 to 4.16

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • September 27, 2014 10:14
September 27, 2014 10:14

Unfortunately, I also regularly deal with non-paying bidders after an auction has ended. Catawiki then starts a collection process, which in most cases, at least for me, does not lead to results.

At the moment I have another lot (auctioned on 27-8) for which Catawiki is the collection process has started. With a bit of bad luck, the second one is on its way (auctioned on 9/21). The winning bidder is Belgian and it is his first winning bid. With the fact that it is a Belgian, I want to say that the payment must come from abroad and that this can usually take a few days longer, but if payment must be made within 3 days, it would be there, if transferred via the bank. should be next Monday anyway. I am curious ...

What bothers me is that you basically have to sit down and wait for the collection process before you can offer the lot again. Other than that, you cannot contact the bidder yourself because you only know who it is after payment has been made. It would also be nice if you as a provider would have the option, say after two weeks, to offer the lot to the second highest bidder. The latter through Catawiki, of course, because they also want to collect their commissions.

I also think that the details of a winning bidder should be made known to the seller after an auction. There must also be the possibility to block certain bidders. In that respect, I think that Catawiki is far too protective of the bidders. As a provider, you must be able to see who you are dealing with, certainly with non-paying bidders.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • September 29, 2014 18:57
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In principle, you have to sit and wait for the collection process before you can offer the lot again

In my opinion, with a winning bid at the close of the auction, a legal purchase agreement has been concluded and the seller cannot offer the lot again. Whatever financial reasons the buyer has for not having paid yet, he has bought it.

It is smart to pay as soon as possible, because otherwise it will be closed for the next auctions in a collection process until payment has been made.

I also think that the details of a winning bidder should be made known to the bidder after the end of an auction.

Does the provider then not receive the data from the buyer? Surely a provider must pass on his payment details and other communication details, such as e-mail or any other payment instructions that apply specifically to that lot? Or does he only receive the data when payment has been made?

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • September 29, 2014 19:34
September 29, 2014 19:34

@DisneyMeentwijck
~~ Doesn't the provider get the details from the buyer? Doesn't a provider have to pass on his payment details and other communication details, such as e-mail or any other payment instructions that apply specifically to that lot? Or does he receive the data only after payment has been made?

The highest bidder will receive an invoice immediately after the auction with a request to pay it immediately. As soon as the invoice has been paid, the seller will be notified of this along with the buyer's address details.

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • September 29, 2014 19:48
September 29, 2014 19:48

In my opinion, with a winning bid at the close of the auction, a legal purchase agreement has been entered into and the seller cannot offer the lot again.

Hm, there would be then look bad for the providers. As long as there is nothing to be gained from the non-paying winning bidders, I am left with an empty investment that only costs me money instead of yielding anything. I rather think that as a provider I have the right to terminate the purchase agreement after a certain period of non-payment.

Or does he not receive the data until payment has been made?

Unfortunately he does. As long as the buyer has not paid, as a provider I cannot see who the bidder is. Only Catawiki and the auctioneers know that. The question that Catawiki could not answer in the affirmative is whether the winning bidder can see my name and address details before he / she has paid when receiving the e-mail with payment instructions. If you buy something in a shop, you will see that information.

Today I heard from one of the sales managers that there are 3 different invoices:

1: the invoice from Catawiki itself because the winning bidder has to transfer his money to Catawiki.

2: the packing list and

3: the packing slip, both of which you can click on the order details page. But you only get that order information after the bidder has paid.

I hope the sales manager is right, because it is not a pleasant feeling when a non-paying bidder knows your address information. Not so bad if you sell an item from your Catawiki shop for a few euros, but if it concerns a lot of several hundred or thousands of euros! A great way for malicious spirits to find out from which address the item can be picked up.

Furthermore, I think that the payment term that a winning bidder gets is far too long. A collection process will only start after 3 weeks. That process runs for 4 weeks and, according to Catawiki's administration, cannot be stopped before that time. Your expensive lot can therefore remain on the shelf for 7 weeks. You will have about ten more ...

I think that a provider should be able to offer an unpaid lot again after 2 weeks. Then have Catawiki recover the 9% auction costs from the bidder. The chance that this will be successful is greater than trying to collect the entire amount. For a lot with a winning bid of € 1,000.00, the auction fee for the winning bidder is € 90.00. If he cannot or does not want to pay, he will be more inclined to transfer the € 90.00 to Catawiki than € 1,090.00 plus shipping. Such a lot can then return to the auction sooner, which is to the advantage of both Catawiki and the seller himself, because the lots offered then rotate faster. So everyone is happy. Do block the non-paying bidder for future bids at the auctions, otherwise the lot will rotate in the wrong way.

Still something to think about carefully on Catawiki!

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • September 29, 2014 19:49
September 29, 2014 19:49

And Tammo was just ahead of me with an answer ... ;-)

Still the purchase you make in a shop. Valuable items can also be found there. And since it is sold directly by the provider to the buyer, in that case all the name and address of the provider will be visible.

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • September 29, 2014 21:05
September 29, 2014 21:05

I started this topic. Thanks for the responses.

Anyway, I am now patiently waiting for the payment to follow now that the collection process has started, but I rather assume that the agreement will be dissolved by Catawiki in due course (the conditions state that only they be able to take the initiative). Indeed, all of this can lead to considerable time delay with the possible price: dissolution.

I have actually finished offering and acting as a seller, I just buy some rubbish here and there. As a broker, Catawiki could consider hosting a 'digital wallet' between the parties where you can immediately upload money through iDeal or other transaction brokers, from that balance you bid. No balance, no winning bid (a message will then appear "YOUR BALANCE IS NOT SUFFICIENT". If you want to participate nicely with bidding, first determine the budget realistically instead of being resentful John-over-John to end this. cannot be fulfilled in the transaction!

Incidentally, I believe that I am not powerless in all this regardless of the so-called conditions. you can reasonably expect as a seller (and what I as a seller must reasonably grant). I'm still reasonable at the moment, but the whole shambles holds you hostage with your merchandise.

I think after the debt collection process is being considered whether it would benefit from using a bailiff, if it does not work it will undoubtedly be dissolved, but these are conjectures and a somewhat negative starting point of course.

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • October 04, 2014 10:55
October 04, 2014 10:55

The collection process takes too long. A lot auctioned on May 19 has ended up in the collection process. On August 22, I received an email from Catawiki:

The collection agency sees no further options for collecting the overdue payment. Unfortunately, we had to decide to cancel the sale of the lot.

Apologies for the unpaid lot (s).

And if the sale is canceled, you can offer the lot again! Joepie!

Next week the collection process will start for the still unpaid lot from 21 August. Winning bid: € 800.00.

A collection process of 3 months is simply not possible, certainly not for these types of lots! Does Catawiki realize what it costs to leave your investments on the shelf for 3 months? And after those 3 months you are thanked. What about the statutory interest for an outstanding claim?

Upon my request to make the name and address details of the defaulter known to me after the collection process has ended, so that I can call in a bailiff if necessary (they are effective) I get the answer that unfortunately that is not possible and that Catawiki is not allowed to provide that information.

In other words: the defaulter is ultimately protected too! The world upside down ...

I think that changes to Catawiki's policy in this area are very urgently needed! As a provider, I am the person who determines whether and when a purchase agreement is dissolved. I must also be given the opportunity to continue a collection process myself through a bailiff and I really need the name and address details for that.

Pissed & amp; not amused!

Show original message
  • 17 messages
  • October 04, 2014 17:36
October 04, 2014 17:36

Don't worry about the route Catawiki follows for direct debits.

If the buyer does not get paid, Catawiki will not receive 1/4 share and it is a commercial company

so they really have to collect those cents.

If they were to shorten the route or hand it over to the provider

then there is a good chance that more bidders will not pay and the lot decline.

Chase and call in the firm "Binnen Zonder Kloppen" and not the losers who use them now.

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • October 04, 2014 20:05
October 04, 2014 20:05

Well, I do worry about that! Catawiki simply stops the collection process after a certain time. I've been through that a number of times now.

And it is of course the biggest nonsense that there is a good chance that even more bidders will not pay and reject the lot if Catawiki shortens the process or (eventually) hands it over to the provider. A winning bidder has nothing to reject at all, he enters into a legally valid purchase agreement with the provider with a winning bid. It is an auction here, not a Marketplace.

If Catawiki shortens the route, a provider can put the lot back up for auction more quickly, which is to the advantage of both Catawiki and the provider.

If, as a supplier, I do not put the lot back on the auction but decide to continue the collection procedure through a bailiff, then the chances are very high that the defaulter will still pay. After all, a collection agency does not have any judicial powers. Any fool can and may set up a collection agency. Send threatening letters for a few months and try to scare the defaulter. If it doesn't work, you just say: sorry guys, he really doesn't want to pay. Who's next? This is how a collection agency works.

A bailiff, on the other hand, warns the defaulter a few times and then goes to the subdistrict court. He decides that the defaulter must pay and with that decision in hand, the income or movable property such as household effects, car, scooter, etc. can be seized.

Of course that is not interesting for lots that 100 or 150 euros, but if you get above that.

Show original message
  • 17 messages
  • October 04, 2014 21:16
October 04, 2014 21:16

Well, it would of course be best for the seller if the general condition stated "After two weeks, not yet paid for life."

But unfortunately that is not the case.

At Catawiki they are probably afraid that this resolute approach will not leave a buyer.

Personally, I'm in favor of summary execution, but we're living once in a while now

democracy, so keep hoping then.

Show original message
  • 176 messages
  • October 05, 2014 09:49
October 05, 2014 09:49

Wil59, I get your point. However, this is described in the Catawiki rules that you agree to (in advance). I myself sell part of my collection (s) as a hobby and therefore have no financial burden from non-paying sellers.

So you are talking about business risks and you bear them as a commercial seller (and you therefore find provisions for).

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • October 22, 2014 15:00
October 22, 2014 15:00

Next week the collection process will start for the still unpaid lot from 21 August. Winning bid: € 800.00.

Just an update:

After a few requests to Catawiki, it eventually emerged that the bidder did not know anything about it. His / her computer had been hacked and this had been reported.

Thank you to Catawiki for following up and speeding up the matter! Positive actions can also be mentioned here. :-)

The lot raised 150 euros more during a second auction and was paid by the winning bidder that same evening. Super!

Unfortunately, another unpaid lot has been added ...

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • November 17, 2014 11:27

I also notice an increasing number of non-paying bidders. The frequency is also increasing. It may not be made clear enough to buyers that Catawiki is not a Marketplace, but is obliged to purchase when bidding. It may be in the conditions, I am sure that 90% of the people do not or hardly read those conditions. An extra pop-up when placing a bid (in the vein of "... If you press agree, you are obliged to purchase the lot if you turn out to be the highest bidder or the like) would solve many problems in my view. In the heat of the battle, buyers can get carried away at an auction and end up making bids through the excitement and adrenaline that they regret afterwards (once they have calmed down) .Of course, this is the strength of an auction on the one hand, but certainly also a pitfall.

The communication from Catawiki with a seller about these non-paying bidders leaves a lot to be desired and absolutely deserves attention. No consistent, consistent procedure is followed. Sometimes you receive a message from Catawiki but usually not. Sometimes that message comes after 3 weeks, sometimes after 6 weeks but usually only after you have had to ask for it yourself. I am of the opinion that this really should be much better and that there should be a clear time frame for how long so " n pr procedure is allowed to run, and at which moment a seller can offer his lot again. Moreover, I am of the opinion that the re-offered lots should be placed again immediately in the next auction, extra on top of the regular offer of the seller and not again end up in the work stock. I think this communicative part has been playing for a while and I have heard Rene say something about it on this forum. What are your experiences with this in general and how does Catawiki itself view this communicative piece? Can any improvements be expected in the short term?

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • November 17, 2014 20:27
November 17, 2014 20:27

The frequency is also increasing. Perhaps it is not made clear enough to buyers that Catawiki is not a Marketplace, but is obliged to purchase with a bid.

The communication from Catawiki with a seller about these non-paying bidders leaves a lot to be desired and absolutely deserves attention. No consistent, consistent procedure is followed.

I have that impression too. I now have another lot that is still unpaid after 7 days. Since I have little faith in the collection process, I have informed Catawiki that the collection process can be omitted. If the lot is still unpaid after 14 days, I will offer it again. I think that as a provider I should be able to decide on this myself and not Catawiki.

Regarding the work stock: I do not know how it goes at most auctions in terms of offering / approval / scheduling. I do know that after offering a lot for the Watch and Clock Auction the "waiting time" is 5 - 6 weeks. Add to this the duration of the collection process and in that case you are more than four months further before your lot is scheduled again. That takes far too long and is completely unacceptable.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • November 18, 2014 07:32
added
prices
reviews

Regarding the work stock: I don't know how it goes on most auctions in terms of offering / approval / scheduling

I can tell you at Kunst since about 6 Months I offer an Aqarel from a Dutch Artist (early work from the 80 Years) who has her own Web shovel where she sells her works from about 350 € to ..... and has had her own Gallery in Amsterdam etc. I have asked several questions eg should there be a reserve price where does it fit modern are the photo`s ok? etc. also pushed back and forth in the different art possibilities so far never had an answer is still on concept you can say take it away but am just curious if something happens but art sales somewhere else in the meantime

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • November 19, 2014 14:28

I am of the opinion that if an auctioneer, for whatever reason, does not want to proceed with placement, he must notify the seller within 2 weeks after application of the lot, then you know where you stand and you can determine a new strategy. Good communication is the keyword.

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • November 25, 2014 00:49
November 25, 2014 00:49

UPDATE: the purchase of the lot was canceled after the collection process did not offer a solution. It took about 2 months between the auction and dissolution. The winning bid was 475. Subsequently lot offered again. Discussion about the reserve price, advice was set reserve at 240 and thus done. Last (winning) bidder bids 2 times, 175 and then 240. Accurately equals my reserve price (???).

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • November 25, 2014 01:23
added
prices
info pages

The bidder may have made a (much) higher auto bid. As long as there are no opponents, the system will place a bid for the lowest possible amount, i.e. your reserve price.

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • November 28, 2014 09:56
November 28, 2014 09:56

Update of my message of November 17:

Unfortunately, another unpaid lot has been added ...

- lot of November 10 is still not paid (€ 70.00)

- lot from November 19 has not yet been paid (€ 45.00)

- lot from November 24 has not yet been paid (€ 220.00)

The payment can still come in from the latter, but as soon as it takes longer than 5 days I start to feel wet.

I think that Catawiki will very quickly have the option to be able to offer a lot to the second highest bidder after, for example, 7, 10 or 14 days, that would save a lot of annoyance. And as soon as the auction is closed, also disclose the details of the winning bidder to the provider so that any defaulters are further removed from anonymity and are not only known to Catawiki.

If all payments are made through Catawiki, so also that of a possible second highest bidder, shouldn't that be possible?

To be continued ...

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • November 28, 2014 11:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

As soon as it lasts longer than 5 days I start to feel wet.

You get worried very quickly.

Maybe he waits just at the start of the new month, then his wages are paid and is it more comfortable to pay?

Or a busy week, a little more time on the weekend to check his emails and make payments ...

I wouldn't start thinking it strange until after two weeks

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • November 28, 2014 11:35
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think that Catawiki should very soon introduce the possibility to offer a lot to the second highest bidder after, for example, 7, 10 or 14 days,

That is a very bad idea and should not be allowed at all. It will lead to abuses.

I have experienced it at Ebay about 3 times in a month that after quite a bit of bidding the highest bidder suddenly drops out and I then received emails from the seller asking if I didn't want to buy it after all. Of course you can never be sure, but I think that was fake bidding to drive up the price.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • November 28, 2014 11:43
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Nice idea to bid with two addresses.

I 1 make an offer of 200 euros.

I 2 will go over with 800 euros.

The other bidders drop out.

IK 2 does not pay and IK 1 can have it for 200 euros.

Nicely arranged.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • November 28, 2014 12:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Well you can fiddle with it from 2 sides: D

Show original message