6of 6
  • 3 messages
  • September 27, 2016 13:29
September 27, 2016 13:29

Dear people,

Together with a friend I do research for school (HBO Communication and Multimedia Design) into collectors and especially collectors of figures. We are investigating to what extent problems are encountered when collecting, storing, etc. of the figures; so that we can think of something to improve this and this may be of interest to you too! That is why we ask for your help!

If you would like to help, we would greatly appreciate and hope to be able to give you something back; we can be reached at the email address: younes.strating@student.hu.nl

Mvg,

Younes Strating and Coen Gooijer

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • October 03, 2016 00:15
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Does CataWiki hold a chair at that university of applied sciences in Utrecht, apparently?

Every year around the start of the school year, a student has a question about something to do with collecting. I don't mind, because I like any advertisement for the collectors section of CataWiki.

I collect everything myself and that category includes figurines in the broadest sense of the word. At the moment I have my figures in a plastic storage box and the very special ones are set up at my house.

You would also advise removing your e-mail here. People can also get in touch with you personally through the messaging system. E-mails in forums can be a lot of spam.

Good luck with your research.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • October 03, 2016 12:10
October 03, 2016 12:10

Thank you for the response, are you willing to answer a questionnaire?

Mvg

Show original message
  • 750 messages
  • October 04, 2016 00:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I myself am mainly a collector of 40mm metal figures and have been collecting them since 1977. As a collector I naturally want to enjoy my collection and then you do not put them away in folders such as coins and stamps, so I started with a letter tray but it was already soon too small. From there I now put them in a display cabinet that grows with the collection (because I am quite a bit precise, I make them myself because my standards for a display cabinet are; totally illuminated, so not just a lamp in the top center but also lights on the sides, and sliding glass plates.

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • October 04, 2016 09:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

because I am quite a bit of precision, I make them myself because my standards for a display cabinet are; totally illuminated, so not only a lamp at the top in the middle, but also lights on the sides, and sliding glass plates.

Every professional display case maker has that in his range. Nowadays, this is done with LED strips along the bars at the front, which can be continuously adjusted in color and brightness. Is really beautiful. Only, for obvious reason, not usable in combination with a mirrored back wall.

Show original message
  • 750 messages
  • October 04, 2016 10:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Is really beautiful. Only, for obvious reason, not usable in combination with a mirrored back wall.

My showcase has no back wall but actually 2 fronts and stands in front of a window, which also has the advantage that it is lit by daylight during the day and that passers-by (which gives nice reactions) can look at half of my collection from the outside.

Show original message
6of 6