17of 17
  • 3 messages
  • April 05, 2014 11:12
April 05, 2014 11:12

Hello.

My name is Hennie and I probably also want to sell my record collection. For sales you must send a copy of your identity document. I fully agree that buyers should be protected. But I think sending a copy of your identity document is actually quite a step. This is strongly discouraged by both investigative services and the ministry that is the provider.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • April 05, 2014 13:35
April 05, 2014 13:35

@Henniep
You are probably aiming at auctioning. You may make the BSN on the copy completely black.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • April 05, 2014 15:51
April 05, 2014 15:51

Hello auctioneer. This means that you can simply sell through the catalog. Or am I wrong.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • April 05, 2014 15:55
April 05, 2014 15:55

@Henniep
Hello auctioneer. This means that you can simply sell through the catalog. Or am I wrong.

Anyone with an account on Catawiki automatically has a shop and can offer items for sale through the catalog. No further registration is required for this, but to be authorized as a provider for the auctions.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • April 05, 2014 16:40
April 05, 2014 16:40

Hello auctioneer.

Thank you for the quick and clear response.

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • July 07, 2014 11:39
July 07, 2014 11:39

Hello auctioneer,

Emailed the scan of the id card some time ago. What actually happens with that scan? Will it be destroyed? If not, please delete the BSN and other important data Please. Was I actually not aware of the dangers (if it would end up in the wrong hands). Another question. How long should one wait before the lot is offered for auction? Does this have to do with waiting lists? Thanks in advance for your reply. Regards, Johan

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • July 07, 2014 12:51
July 07, 2014 12:51

@VJohan
Emailed the scan of the ID card some time ago, what actually happens to that scan? Will it be destroyed?

People are allowed to black out the BSN themselves before they send the copy to us. After verification and acceptance, the copy will be destroyed, so we do not keep it.

Another question. How long should one wait before the lot is offered for auction? Does this have to do with waiting lists?

This differs greatly per auction and is very dependent on the total supply for that specific auction and the attractiveness of a lot. We also try to improve the response time towards the providers for the larger auctions.

Show original message
  • 5 messages
  • January 02, 2016 10:46
January 02, 2016 10:46

Where should this e-mail be sent to?

A long time ago I received the e-mail with an explanation, but I no longer have it.

thanks.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 477 messages
  • January 02, 2016 22:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Dear Jeltje,

this is a part of the email I received to register myself, the part about sending a scan or digital image has still impressed me so far prevented me from registering for the auction sales:

Welcome as a seller to the Catawiki auctions!

As the last step of the registration we would like a scan or digital image (photo ) of your ID. This is a condition to be able to sell at the auctions and we require it as security to our buyers.
You can return the legible scan or photo of your ID to info@catawiki.nl (save the scan as PDF, JPG , GIF or PNG).
Please also state your username.

Information on the scan other than your photo, name, date of birth, and validity date of the document may be crossed out if you wish. (We use the copy once for verification and will then destroy it.)

If you have any questions, please email info@catawiki.nl

Kind regards,

Catawiki team

Show original message
  • 5 messages
  • January 03, 2016 05:11
January 03, 2016 05:11

Thank you w1975 .

Catawiki is reliable enough in my opinion, but that's every his own choice.

For example, Marktplaats is now full of scammers how often you are cheated there as a buyer.

That's why I think it's good that they do this.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • January 03, 2016 12:35
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It may be useful / necessary that Catawiki, as an important auction company, places a link to (for example) information from the Government.

https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/identiteitsfraude/vraag-en -respond / am-I-obliged-to-give-a-copy-of-my-identity-card-to-a-company

There is sufficient explanation there about the risks of sending copy identifications digitally, whether or not encrypted.

It is very good that Internet users remain cautious when providing personal data. It will also be struggling for Catawiki, because they would like to have something more in their hands than a simple registration. However, a digitally sent piece of paper can be tampered with, and if it is destroyed it is not proof afterwards and so "false security" some sort of everything is better than nothing.

The only "watertight" way of identification, as banks do (or did?), is to inspect an original and scan it on the spot.

But that is a bridge too far for many companies.

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • January 04, 2016 11:40
added
prices

suggest you bring a copy personally ff to assen

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • October 26, 2016 17:17
October 26, 2016 17:17

Just a question for my sister

Can I also use a copy of my driver's license?

My passport has expired.

Mvg

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,233 messages
  • October 26, 2016 18:42
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Mvanderelst

You will need to request this from the Auction Site Customer Service, for example via Contact .

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • January 22, 2017 17:36
January 22, 2017 17:36

Ridiculous! I blacked out my BSN number and this is what I got back:

Thank you for sending us your copy of ID. Unfortunately, we are unable to verify your account at this time as some of the information on the document is not legible. Please resend your copy of ID or provide another ID using the link below.

Make sure your name, photo, date of birth, and document expiration date are clearly legible."

See here again what the government says about it:
https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpen/identiteitsfraude/question-and-answer/ben-ik-verobligatory-om-een-kopie-van-mijn-identiteitsproof-te-geven-aan-een-bedrijf

It is clear that Catawiki encourages identity fraud. Remove me from your Catawiki list: I will not do business with you!

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 22, 2017 18:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You should not bother the collectors on this forum with this. We do nothing with this info.

Why not just send an email to info at catawiki.nl with the text:

Dear Catawiki,

Thank you for your e-mail, but I have only blackened my BSN. Could there be a misunderstanding?

Sincerely,

Michael Standers

Show original message
Carl
VIP
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 53 messages
  • January 23, 2017 16:27
added
prices
reviews

This does not belong on the forum, but when providing a copy of an identity document, the BSN number MUST always be blackened.

Show original message
17of 17