9of 9
  • 1 message
  • February 25, 2016 22:26
February 25, 2016 22:26

Hello folks

I have more than 200 old radios from a collection that I can / may do something with.

The man I got them from has collected them for 60 years, but nothing fixed or anything.

Can anyone help me on how to sell this collection in such a way that a win / win situation arises?

I have already thought of unifying history of to ask the radio to keep their sales fair with me.

Please reply

fr gr Gerard Mooij

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • February 26, 2016 08:55
added
prices
reviews

The best win / win is created if you work for it yourself, so try it here http://veiling.catawiki.nl/hifi-radio-veiling

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • February 26, 2016 15:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Or for the collectors: Enter them in the CataWiki Catalog at the Radios ! Then put them in your Shop (if you still have items in it) and both will benefit.

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • February 26, 2016 16:33
added
prices
reviews

gfmooi@

has no items in his shop, so he can no longer use his shop (why are these empty shops not actually deleted?) is a member since 2014 has never used his shop and never did anything for the catalog so again a typical case of how can I make money without doing too much effort don't think he will put a radio in the cat

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • February 26, 2016 23:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ baronselderie-5 : Well, I am and will always be a optimist and believe in the good of people.

It is only striking that a lot of such calls have appeared in the forum lately. As a result, someone who really has something good with CataWiki and understands the idea behind it will not be helped so quickly. Very unfortunate ...

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • March 15, 2016 12:20
March 15, 2016 12:20

Old radios will deteriorate over time, the capacitors decompose and all have to be replaced, switching contacts are often made of silver and have to be cleaned with so-called contact spray. In short, a restoration of an old radio costs a lot of money, on average 200 euros each. So old radios have no value whatsoever when they have to play / work again. Only if you want to portray him as a model is it still fun. Also because nowadays hardly anything can be heard on the medium wave already indicates that having an old radio play / work again makes no sense.

I recently sold a Philips transistor radio myself via Catawiki and of course the buyer wanted to let him play .. But was disappointed by the bad reception on the medium wave ... So I only paid back 50% of the 60 euros he raised to get rid of the nagging. So there is no point in selling or buying an old radio if you cannot restore it yourself.

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • June 12, 2018 21:37
June 12, 2018 21:37

Radios are often sold by sellers who don't understand radios. They advertise a radio "in very good condition" while you can clearly see that eg the green tuning eye (cat's eye) or the scale lighting is defective. A connoisseur can renew a "cat's eye" or scale light for sale.

Some sellers don't even bother to clean or polish a radio before sale. So very often absolutely not in very good condition.

Would be nice if you could add a movie to the lot to demonstrate the functions and certainly the sound.

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • June 12, 2018 22:44
June 12, 2018 22:44
You give off to the sellers of old radio and / or other car things. It should be clear that if you buy second hans stuff there is no guarantee if it does not work. You can put it down and look at it, that's all. If it still works a bit, you are lucky while it can. Often buyers later regret their purchase, Just like me, now you just sell it again. Complaining makes no sense because working old things later break down due to stupid use. Radio broadcasts are unfortunately no longer available on medium wave. And for fm and short wave you need earth wire and a good antenna! Repair and restoration of old radio is still possible, but also NO Warranty, the items are 50 years and older
Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • June 12, 2018 23:42
June 12, 2018 23:42

Repairing old radios isn't even that difficult. Measuring is knowing. There are still many parts available. The quality of the old radios is so good that they will last for years and years after reproductions.

Many sellers of old radios do not understand radios. They have or buy an old radio and put it up for sale just like that. They barely know how it works and are already offering it in "very good condition". In addition to radios, they often also offer other products because they are not specialized in radios.

(Post modified by moderator - [stealth] advertising is not allowed in the forum)

Show original message
9of 9