12of 12
  • 800 messages
  • December 21, 2016 15:41
added
prices
info pages

Why does genre say historical drama? History is not always drama, also eg adventure films can fall under history and that is not drama.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 66 messages
  • December 24, 2016 18:19
added
prices
reviews

Good point!

Show original message
  • 800 messages
  • December 25, 2016 21:27
added
prices
info pages

I thought so too. Adventure can also be drama, I typed that wrong, but historical is not only drama.

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • January 26, 2017 06:24
added
prices
reviews

Another good addition would be "Legal drama" or the tsunami of lawyers and judge series such as 'Plea', 'Damages' and 'Judge John Deed'.

Show original message
  • 800 messages
  • January 31, 2017 17:19
added
prices
info pages

That's a good one too. What I also miss is TV movie now only TV series or direct to video, these are films that have / had their premiere on video / DVD and not good enough for the cinema. But not only with genres. Would also like to add the director of photography, think of Bruce Surtees, or special effects, so that people like Ray Harryhausen, Stan Winston, Rick Baker, etc., also get their own mention.

Show original message
  • 106 messages
  • November 09, 2017 11:02
added
prices
reviews

Dear Arco and other DVD/Video managers,

When entering and changing items I run into a few input problems. Some have already been mentioned in the forum before, but I will just make a list of things that I run into and that hopefully can lead to improvement (and simplification). This includes predefined fields. I know you guys are busy so maybe it won't all work out quickly but still my wish list. Possibly others can supplement this with other wishes/improvements.

Change from Historical drama to History. Then history can be used in combination with all other genres. (suggested in this forum a long time ago)

Sound formats. I would suggest splitting the types by the number of speakers. Then you can compile it yourself during the import. So separate DTS, HD-MA(star), Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround, etc. etc. And then separate 7.1, 5.1, Mono, stereo, etc. You can then combine what is needed. For example, you can also make the combination Mono 2.0 LPCM that also occurs.

Something similar with extras. Now it says cast audio commentary and director audio commentary. But I also sometimes come across audio commentary from a fiom historian. Wouldn't the choice of audio commentary be sufficient and thus cover all types? Same with interview.

At runtime I am missing the Lenticular option. (3D cover) This is a special packaging that is sometimes seen separately as a collector's item and deserves to be added.

If I come across or think of more, I will add it here.

Thanks and good luck,

Matthijs

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 10, 2017 16:33
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Matthijs,

Added in 3D / lenticular packaging.

Rest is yet to be studied, but merging is easy to do. Splitting must always be done piece by piece, so ...

Show original message
  • 106 messages
  • November 10, 2017 20:44
added
prices
reviews

Hi Arco,

Great. Every step is one.

Then one more thing. Would the addition of 'Snapper' on runtime be anything? As discussed before, I now import this as a digipack. It seems the most, but it is not really the same. The snapper has been a specific packaging. During the import I regularly come across that this version has been entered as 'standard' by others. You sometimes have to look very closely at the proportions of the cover and small deviations (kind of half holes at the top and bottom when the plastic has been removed) to determine whether it is a snapper or a later 'normal' version. I just hope that I do not accidentally convert a 'normal' version to digipack (snapper), I now always put this in the description so that others also understand what type of packaging it is. If I really can't figure it out, like with The Big Sleep, I'll introduce a new version. With your approval, I will replace snapper versions with a front where the 'snapper' or the closure is visible. Then it is also visually clearer to others whether it is a snapper or a 'normal' version. In some cases I have already done this.

Today made another change on Key Largo 1985619 . That was a mess. An English front, a Dutch back and a barcode that did not match. I have now only made a full NL 'snapper' version of it. Hope I made the right choice. An extra input can also lead to confusion. Sometimes you have to make choices.

Greetings,

Matthijs

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 10, 2017 20:58
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If you come across something as crazy as at Key Largo, it is recommended to look into the history. Item was fine until a user made a mistake. I just disapproved all changes from then on, so it is back to where it should be.

If you come across something like this, you can always ask an administrator here to disapprove things.

Show original message
  • 106 messages
  • November 10, 2017 21:15
added
prices
reviews

OK then I will re-enter the NL version.

Gr,

Matthijs

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 10, 2017 21:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Please. In principle, the original input must be respected, otherwise we will screw up that user's collection.

Show original message
  • 106 messages
  • November 11, 2017 09:28
added
prices
reviews

I totally agree.

A few more "little" things.

Sound formats:

So splitting is a tricky business. Would you like to add a few formats without channels.
Dolby Digital
LPCM (this is slightly different from PCM)
DTS HD-MA (star)
Dolby Digital Plus (now I come occasionally against 3D films such as The Legend of Tarzan. See also the site of Dolby.com)

Label / publisher:

Would you like to change DFW - Dutch Film Works to Dutch FilmWorks (DFW)

This is also the case in IMDb and is more in line with the mention on the covers. Filmworks is in any case written together.

Genre:

I understand that splitting is difficult. Historical drama does pose a problem because Historical also applies in many other cases. For example, I now have to enter a historical documentary. Would it be an idea to include Historically different as a separate genre?

Greetings,

Matthijs

Show original message
12of 12