2of 2
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 106 messages
  • July 31, 2015 09:39
added
prices
reviews

Dear Catalog Manager,

I notice that sometimes very bad photos or scans are posted. The item is skewed or not trimmed. This often turns out to be input by a seller. That gives me the idea that these people are not out to supplement the catalog as well as possible and also to sell something from their collection, but it is only about sales. I have already sent a response to such a provider, but it happens more often, so I cannot always do that. I also don't know if I can.

I do my best to make the best possible scans and I will always make an adjustment in the case of comments from other users. I hope that these (ge) (mis) users will be addressed about this or, if necessary, blocked before Catawiki is full of bad photos that are of no use to the real collector or interested person.

Gr,

Matthijs

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 31, 2015 14:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Thank you for your post and for sharing your concern.

Bad images and poorly entered fields are a concern for everyone here. As soon as we notice that someone is taking a walk, an email will be sent and possibly deleted. By the way, there are plenty of shops that import neatly, though. But there are also normal users who are not so careful. We have all the flavors in house. It is true that the catalog comes first and that you can then also sell from it. In that order.

By default, the guideline for images is that the item must be recognizable and that you must be able to read any text on those images. If not, the item will quickly be nominated to be dismissed.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
2of 2