10of 10
  • 46 messages
  • October 26, 2013 11:46
added
reviews

In the list 'Genre' wrong: Detective, Ballet and TV film.

Detective can be classified under Crime, but I don't think that's exactly the same.

I find that the options are not very suitable for music DVDs. But that has been commented on before, I thought. In that regard, other fields should therefore be adjusted and i.i.g. a split should be made in Acteur - Musikant.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • October 26, 2013 12:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

We have agreed not to make the genre list gigantic, until there is clarity about a Catawiki-wide register. In all likelihood, there will be broad genres with subgenres underneath. In any case, I just created 'dance', so please put ballet under it for now.

A field for musicians is on the wish list. Enter at Actors for now, so.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • October 26, 2013 23:33
added
prices
info pages
reviews

What is a TV movie? I think the film falls under 1 of categories after all? Aren't the genres about the content of a film and not about the type?

And Ballet just falls under Dance ? And a detective movie is about solving a Mystery ? And if the detective has to solve a murder or a missing person, isn't it a Crime?

As for the music DVDs, I think that splitting up music can only make longer lists. If you want to split that up, then you have to use all genres of music that appear in the music collection section. Then the list only gets longer, doesn't it? So not Music: Jazz, Music: Classical, etc., but just Music.

Furthermore, it is also a Musician or Musician. Or has the Green Book caught up with me? But that's not so important, it's about the message. And I actually think that under the collection section Records, CDs and Vinyl (is that should not fall double?). Under a separate carrier type DVD.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • October 26, 2013 23:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Almost all of them have been removed to keep Audio and Video separate in the catalog.

By the way, those music genres all came along with the migration, and there is nothing else (yet) about that done. The current notation ensures that we can automatically name them as a subgenre at a later time ...

The genre field currently has more possibilities than just genres: TV series, documentary, short film. That should also be its own field, eg Kind. But those values were already added when we made it into a closed list.

Don't forget that shortly after setting up the DVD section there was a pause of almost 2 years in almost all technical developments of the catalog.

Let's just wait a while for DVD section 2.0.

Show original message
  • 2,914 messages
  • October 27, 2013 04:10
added
prices
reviews

I don't want to interfere.

but DM is right concert registrations etc. wouldn't look out of place in record CD section

(where they originally stood)

but as long as an item cannot be visible in 2 categories or more, it is difficult.

But it is undoubtedly being worked on.

Show original message
  • 46 messages
  • October 27, 2013 14:58
added
reviews

What is a TV movie? I think the film falls under 1 of categories after all? The genres are about the content of a film and not about the type?

A TV film is made for TV and has never been shown in the cinema. TV series is sometimes referred to as a genre. So TV movie is also possible.

And Ballet just falls under Dance?

When I started this topic, "Dance" was not yet entered. Arco has subsequently adjusted the list. My thanks for that. The prefix "Music" with the relevant genres is also an improvement.

And a detective film is about solving a Mystery, right? And if the detective has to solve a murder or a missing person, isn't it a Crime?

On this point, I think you're right. On IMDb, Inspector Morse is also referred to as Drama, Mistery and Crime.

Don't forget that shortly after setting up the DVD section there was a pause of almost 2 years in almost all technical developments of the catalog.
Let's just wait a while for DVD section 2.0.

Of course we'll have to wait. I just hope it won't be another 2 years ;-)

In the meantime, some feedback and input from users won't hurt. My comments weren't meant to get you started right away either. Looks like you're busy enough reviewing.

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • February 14, 2016 13:33
added
February 14, 2016 13:33

Can Exploitation not be added as a genre?

Now you often have to touch on Erotic, Horror or Cult, while many exploitation films are actually not horror or erotic.

That is strange. a sub-genre derived from exploitation if Blaxploitation can be found as a genre and the 'overarching' exploitation is not ...

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • February 15, 2016 18:35
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I'm a collector of all kinds of movies, but I had never heard of exploitation. The term blaxpoitation did, but only knew that it had to do with filthy movies in my opinion.

I don't think it will be added, because it covers a lot of other well-known genres. I looked it up at Wikipedia and they say the following:

Exploitation films come in various genres . Some of them fall into the genres that are also common for mainstream movies, such as horror, science fiction, monster movie, slasher movie, action, Martialarts movie, sandal movie, and documentary. Others fall into genres that are almost exclusively common in the world of exploitation films.

So actually those sub-genres should also be added.

Show original message
  • 800 messages
  • June 04, 2016 00:22
added
prices
info pages

The genre Kaiju / Monstermovies could be added. Especially popular in Japan with Gojira / Godzilla, Mothra and Gammera.

TV movie is also a nice addition.

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • August 18, 2016 06:09
added
prices
reviews

The section that I really miss, and which is also widely accepted internationally on aggregate sites and rankings, is "Special Interest" . I myself have about a hundred of them on the shelf to be imported. For example, it concerns gardening, DIY, traveling, astronomy, repair, photography, all kinds of courses, you name it.

Show original message
10of 10