17of 17
  • 1,354 messages
  • November 10, 2011 14:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This and these have been entered at Videogames. Of course they do not belong there. Any idea where they can go?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 10, 2011 14:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Your first link points to a forum text and does not work. The second seems more appropriate for the time being with Other, with Object: Software.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • November 10, 2011 14:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Ok thanks, I'll let him know. The link should now work.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 10, 2011 14:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes, that one too.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • November 10, 2011 15:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

But both programs can still be seen under videogames- & gt; Platforms- & gt; PC. In any case, the link points to that. Are they already in the Other category?

I think that there should be a separate section Software for this category, otherwise you will get a lot of such programs in the section other. By the way, shouldn't it also be stated for what kind of system the software is? For example, you have Windows 95, WfW, NT, Me, 2000, XP just to name a few. And I'm only talking about the Windows category and not, for example, the BeOs or Linux categories that can run on a PC.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 10, 2011 15:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Except for these 2, no software has been introduced at all. Creating a new section is usually done if there are enough to justify something like this under Other

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • November 10, 2011 15:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I've parked them for now. The importer has promised to re-enter them. Then they leave.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • November 10, 2011 15:52
added
prices
reviews

@Arco: nice word: justify, looked up in dictionary this morning? :-))

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • December 05, 2011 20:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Unfortunately, the items have been removed, but not re-entered. Is it still true that Software, not belonging to the Games category, should be placed in the category other?

I'll see if I can post a few. I will hear it if placed incorrectly.

Show original message
  • 2,406 messages
  • December 05, 2011 21:03
added
prices
info pages
reviews

That money still, if it is not a game / game you can place it with other

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • December 05, 2011 21:49

Does it still apply that Software, which does not belong to the Games category, should be placed in the Other category?

Yes, but please use the object name of the carrier it is on, and not with the object name "Software"
Unless it's an app, of course, which are here with the object name "App" .

Under "kind" you can indicate that it concerns software. (and maybe also what kind of software, if applicable)

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • December 05, 2011 22:33
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I just got this 2304427 item added. Had indeed first declared Software as object there. I changed that to CD-ROM and it was in the drop-down list.

There I also encountered strange objects when inserting. An Urbanus CD-Rom? Isn't that just a CD-Rom? Like a PC CD-Rom? I believe a CD-Rom is always for a PC, because I thought that was different with a Macintosh.

And the object CD seems very confusing, because then you don't know what kind of CD it is yet. Music CD, Software CD, Data CD, Storage CD, CD Single (??).

I also came across 3 CD box. Is that also an object?

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • December 05, 2011 22:52

Other hasn't had a manager for a long time.
It has always been a hidden column, and everyone did something there.
I'm now working on clearing it up a bit via the item names.
I started at the A, and am now at the H ...
In the meantime, strange things have also been added, such as print images, while the importer meant print images ;-) (will be gone tomorrow)

I will not get to that Urbanis CD-ROM until I am at the U.
Also, the fields only had an explanation since last week, so it's not surprising that there was no line in the input.
As of today, the section has a closed country list.
I removed the nonsense countries, so that also saves on the chaos.
The next step is a closed materials list, because that's where everything goes wrong.

The other section will never be completely neat, because it is a bit like the wild west of Catawiki, but bit by bit I hope that in the long run there will be some more line.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • December 05, 2011 23:33
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Good luck clearing the Wild West from the Other Rubric!

As a collector and digger through the CataWiki archive, I also note the irregularities, which I don't think belong there.

It often happens that people do not search properly or make a typing error. It also happened that people did not understand how to enter something. Just take a look at the different types of flutes, you will come across several of which I still have my doubts about the naming.

If you're already at the H, you can change the Guest Towel item to Towel, because that's it (item CW 154613 )

Furthermore, I find at Species at the O very much Deceased at ..... against. Aren't they just Prayer Cards?

And finally and then I will stop for a moment: 562161 isn't that just a kind of Agenda? Or at least a Hard Cover Agenda? Hard Cover can be so much.

Strength again!

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • December 05, 2011 23:36
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And finally: the Other section is of course also a great place to discover and introduce new collections.

Indeed, once it has been cleaned up or at least for the most part, there must be an administrator. He or she can then point out to the importers how to correctly enter an item in the event of incorrect or incorrectly entered items.

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • December 06, 2011 04:19

You should see the rubric as a portal for rubrics yet to be set up.

You could think of the item name as the future category name.

The species field is more or less free for "other".
The reason for this is that you can never predict what will be put in this section.
Each item needs its own specific input fields.
If you want to cover everything, you might need a few hundred with "other" (which we are obviously not going to do)

That is why you can enter everything you want to be able to sort by at "Type", but cannot enter in the other fields.

So in the case of.

Furthermore, I find at Species at the O very much Deceased at ..... against. Aren't they just Prayer Cards?

You can also find many of the same items under g for births.
The importer of these prayer cards thinks this is important information, because these types of cards are often used for genealogical research.
And because we handle the type of field so smoothly, he can also just put that info in.
If we give prayer cards their own section in the future, we can put this kind of information in our own "birth" and our own "deceased" field.
So it is all perfectly introduced with an eye to the future.

If you're already at the H, you can change the Guest Towel item to Towel, because that's it (item CW 154613 )

The same story here.
The item name was "Guest towel, Golf towel with bumble image" and was adapted to towel at the time.
Guest towel and golf towel are now listed under type, so that you can make that subdivision in a possible towel section in the future.

And finally and then I will stop for a moment: 562161 isn't that just an Agenda as a kind? Or at least a Hard Cover Agenda? Hard Cover can be so much.

Hardcover is an excellent distinction within calendars.

Just look at the different types of flutes

These should all have as object name "flute" and as generic name the type of flute (for example pigeon flute).

I have already spent a lot of time in emails with explanations to the importer, and things are going a lot better.
In any case, it is now implemented in such a way that at some point I can bulk adjust all type and object names.
So I'm fine with it, and wait for it to finish entering.

Good luck clearing the Wild West from the Other Rubric!

Thank you, also on behalf of the others who improve the section.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • October 02, 2013 01:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Can anyone CW 1162783 Voyage in Egypt from Video Games- & gt; PC to Other- & gt; CD-ROM?

It seems to me that it is not a game and I think it should be put there?

Off topic: And where's the forum section for Other?

Show original message
17of 17