5of 5
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 66 messages
  • May 24, 2010 04:02
added
prices
reviews

In addition to my suggestion that the PEGI standards are even mandatory in many countries with the items (or at least offer the input option to do so), I have a number of suggestions:

- Manual: options: 1-in box
2-on disk
3-via the internet
4-unknown
-Language manual:
-Other languages manual:

Then there is the “Multiplayer” issue. I think it would be better to first indicate whether a game is multiplayer at all, then the type of multiplayer (several types per game possible) and then enter the number of players, linked to the game type.

So Multiplayer: -yes
-no
-unknown

Then (Multiplayer modes:-Deathmatch

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • May 24, 2010 04:12
added
prices
reviews

Sorry, message continues:

Then (Multiplayer) modes: -Deathmatch Number of players:…
-Careermode Number of players:…
-Team Deathmatch Number of players:…
-Capture the flag Number of players:…
-Tournament Number of players:…

In the existing situation, it is often the case that the submitter does not know exactly how many players can participate in multiplay and then leaves the box empty, while he knows that it is a multiplay game, but has nowhere to put this information. .

I think this really needs to be addressed.

Show original message
  • 523 messages
  • May 24, 2010 21:24
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Perhaps this should be addressed, but then do it in the way that is also proposed for Records/CDs, so with submenus. I can't make sense of multiplayer modes and more of that kind of modern (because not yet present in the 80s…) things.

For me, multiplayer is still the choice between playing a game 1 against 1 next to each other on the couch, or single-player: the same game against a computer opponent with the brainpower of a… well: 1980s console.

So in this case: Multiplayer: Yes/No/Unknown and then an optional submenu for the modern gamer.

Guide to languages via the tried and true "Add language" method for each new language seems like a reasonable proposition to me.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • May 25, 2010 22:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Number of players online should best be replaced with YES / NO . Indeed it depends on what type (capture flag / Deathmatch….) And in many cases the number of players is not even mentioned in the manual.
And does "online" mean the Internet or local link?

And for the MMOs that is completely impossible. I tried to enter the number of subscribers there, but usually even that is kept secret.

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • May 30, 2010 04:44
added
prices
reviews

Working with submenus seems like a great idea.

Show original message
5of 5