15of 15
  • 1,354 messages
  • April 05, 2010 18:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I've spent the past few days introducing games into new sections and have to say it's been quite a headache for me.
In the end I entered the same prices (to the best of my knowledge and conscience and after consultation with Ebay, among others) for each category, unless the game was "special" (I will come back to that later).

I also see that several collectors do not enter prices.

Hence this suggestion:
1) Enter "standard" prices for each section. These would be established in mutual consultation with collectors.
2) For "Special Games". Owners can change the default prices, but must provide a motivation.
That could be
- it is a popular game (for example one of the
Zeldas or GTs.
- it's a rare game like Conker's on N64
- collector's item such as the Phantasy Stars on MegaDrive.

Furthermore, I would add to the description:

Reasonable = without box / manual or box and / or manual in bad condition (heavily damaged).

Good = Complete, with box and manual, but these have clearly visible signs of use.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 523 messages
  • April 05, 2010 20:42
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I just got in touch by email with the largest Videopac console collector (probably) in the world. He indicated that it is very difficult to link values to these consoles, as a number of them are too little on the market, or in combination with rare or not. I can use his collection to add images to Catawiki.

I give prices when I know them, but prefer to leave them out if I can't give fair value.

Standard prices in the Videopac are not possible: Really varies from 1 Euro to 200 Euro

Nevertheless: a noble pursuit to get as many prizes as possible in Catawiki. Description reasonable and well I can live with as you propose.

Show original message
  • 469 messages
  • April 05, 2010 21:19
added
prices

Nice if you start adding that collection. The conditions, well, if a box does not look the right way but is completely correct, is it still in good condition?

E-bay does not say everything, often things are now also dumped and sometimes sold at too low a price.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • April 05, 2010 21:46
added
prices
info pages
reviews

That's right, some of those games / consoles (especially before 1990) are only sporadically for sale. And then they can either go for a very low price (if no one notices) or very high (if a few collectors start bidding against each other).
And for the games it is indeed the case that sometimes it is best to buy them in combination with a console.
They are usually more expensive individually.

It's actually the same with comics: sometimes I see very high prices for (bad) copies and on the other hand you can buy very nice copies for a bargain.

For the newer and current games such as PS1, SNES , MegaDrive, Xbox and PC and more recent versions of these platforms, it should be possible to set a general price. ?

Edit: wow, beautiful Philips / Videopac systems. There are copies that I did not know existed.

Show original message
  • 77 messages
  • April 06, 2010 12:41
added
prices
reviews

What strikes me is that often the difference in prices between new and fair condition is not in good proportion to each other.

The differences are too small.

An example of a wrong price ratio is COD MW2 SE
- Most expensive item in the catalog at the moment -

Price drops 5% per grade, while I think it is more in the direction of 50% and sometimes as much as 500% (unused vs new condition)

The value of eg old games such as the NES , unused in original packaging has increased considerably in recent years. Prices vary from 100 to 10 thousand euros. But once games like Zelda and Mario are taken out of the package, it is only worth a few bucks at most ..

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • April 06, 2010 16:21
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Well, you may wonder the usefulness of the price "in original packaging" (I suspect that this means "in original blister"). You will hardly find that with pre-1990 games.

And unused / New condition? In many stores, only the boxes were / are displayed, the shopkeeper then puts the game and manual in a folder. Some of those (cardboard) boxes are so difficult to open that you almost automatically get wrinkles. Is that still "unused / new condition"?

I also think there are few collectors who are willing to pay more than 100 Euro for a single game, unless they specialize on a single platform and want everything complete and perfect….

That's another thing, by the way: I've always assumed that "in original packaging" means "in blister / celophane". A game without a box is almost never worth more than a few euros.

Show original message
  • 523 messages
  • April 06, 2010 21:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Well, you may wonder the usefulness of the price "in original packaging" (I suspect that this means "in original blister"). You will hardly find that with pre-1990 games.

Every now and then such a gem pops up on eBay. At the end of last year, a number of unopened packages of 4 Videopacs that had been in those boxes for almost 30 years. Serious money was offered on this yes…

Great that even now and then for collectors unknown variations pop up after such a long time.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • April 12, 2010 20:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes unused (= factory sealed) games is a bit of a problem to put a price on.
I am now working on SNES games (which is actually a fairly recent console). For some sealed games you actually don't pay that much, others like the Zeldas, Marios are already immediately above 100 Euro.
The question then of course is: do they really achieve those prices?

Edit: it might also be possible to specify the following conditions when describing:
“Unused in packaging” also “Factory sealed”, because I think that's what it's about.

Show original message
  • 126 messages
  • July 12, 2010 00:03
added
prices
reviews

what about the description new condition?
Does this only concern the game cassette / CD (or any form of carrier) or is this also included the packaging?

I don't know if I should now enter my newly acquired Atari 2600 games as new or unused….
(they are not sealed)
When describing new condition, no word is said about the original packaging (boxes)

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • July 12, 2010 11:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes the current description (Explanation conditions) is actually incorrect.
For the items and prices that I entered, I have given the following interpretation because it is more in line with what is usual:

Unused in packaging : Factory sealed. This is considered a separate category and the prices for rare games are significantly higher.
Mint condition : Fully packaged with all accompanying manuals etc. Packaging in very good condition.
Good condition :
For consoles: with packaging, but packaging badly damaged
For games: damaged packaging or missing attachments (manuals, etc.)
Reasonable condition : only the console or the game (CD, DVD, cartridge ...)

It is generally valid that games without packaging (in good condition) are significantly cheaper than with packaging, unless in a few exceptional cases.

This is more or less the case for consoles, but certainly for the older devices (before 1990) it is often very difficult to find a packaging in good condition, so you can be a bit 'wider' in terms of the rating of the condition of the packaging.

Perhaps the description of the conditions could be modified accordingly.

Show original message
  • 126 messages
  • July 12, 2010 11:56
added
prices
reviews

thanks for your explanation

an adjustment of the conditions is appreciated from this side

Show original message
  • 2,397 messages
  • August 06, 2011 16:40
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Anyway, let this ball roll again. The current explanation is therefore incorrect.

Unused in packaging

Like new in every way. Still in the original packaging.

Mint condition

Like new but no longer in the original packaging.

Good condition

Limited normal signs of use. No serious damage or clearly visible wear.

Fair condition

There is some damage, but it is still in "collectible" condition.

Mint condition must also be in original packaging but not sealed

In fair condition, only the cartridge may be, without packaging / box

So what Scam has described above may be done to avoid misunderstandings.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 07, 2011 22:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes indeed there was already a final proposal for:

Conditions

Conditions

The other filling instructions have also been waiting for Rene's approval for a while.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • August 10, 2011 13:48
added
prices
reviews

Oops, that's right! Sorry Scam. I'm going to try to look at it and post it today.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 10, 2011 16:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Thank you!

Show original message
15of 15