5of 5
  • 84 messages
  • July 21, 2014 22:45
added
prices

I would like to see in the comment text that appears as soon as the Title field is filled in, an addition about articles, namely this:

"If the title starts with an article, this is placed after the main title, preceded by a comma and a space. ". This is followed by an example.

This also applies to the Publisher, Developer and Generic game name / game series fields. Here would be the following addition:

"If the name starts with an article, this is placed after the name, preceded by a comma and a space.". An example is also given below.

I notice that many titles entered start with an article, which results in at least two extra alphabets per language. This is not desirable for an alphabetical search.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 21, 2014 22:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Titles have Catawiki-wide articles in front of them, you know. Have a look around.

For the indexed field Common game name / series I could imagine, but I honestly don't know what has ever been agreed on about it.

In searches it is better to leave the articles and other short words out of the search field anyway, unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • July 21, 2014 23:01
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Titles have the articles in front of them Catawiki-wide, you know. Take a look around.

Arco was ahead of me.

Show original message
  • 84 messages
  • July 21, 2014 23:30
added
prices

Actually an excellent proof of the necessity of the addition!

Surely the world's largest catalog will not adhere to one of the basic rules for literacy in public catalogs. , scientific and special libraries worldwide?

But go on, we just don't live in the era of the catalog cards anymore, in the Catawiki catalog there are plenty of alternative entries to find what you're looking for.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • July 21, 2014 23:46
added
prices
info pages
reviews

For the indexed field Common game name / series I could imagine, but I honestly don't know what has ever been agreed on about that.

About that field already said a lot, including about splitting off 'Series / Hero' as in other sections.

Could have been in the admin forum, because I can't find it directly.

Show original message
5of 5