Go to page
25of 37
  • 1,463 messages
  • February 15, 2010 16:19

The fields + explanation for the trading cards are currently as follows.

Series / game

Enter here the series or game to which the card belongs.
Type slowly, the catalog will give suggestions as you type (this also applies when filling in other fields). If the series or game already exists on Catawiki, it is usually best to open a card from this series and click on “Copy item” (top right of the page when viewing an item). This often saves a lot of filling in.

Publisher

Here you can enter the issuer of the card. The publisher's names, unlike the artists and persons, are written down in the normal order. So for example do not put “The” at the end.

Set / edition

Series and games are usually divided into different sets or editions.
If there is no clear name, or if you have doubts about the name, the series name may be entered again here.

Card Name

Copy the name of the card as accurately as possible. Pay close attention to the use of capital letters. Any language errors on the map are simply transferred to the catalog.
If no clear title is given, part of the text on the card may be used as title. Only when this is not possible, a description may be given, preferably in the language of the card.

Number in set

The number is usually at the bottom of the card or on the back. Not all cards have a number. Only complete if a number is actually on the card.

Type of card

All species names on which a card can be sorted can be entered here.
This field is only intended for species names that do not belong in one of the other entry fields.
Generic names are entered as much as possible in the language of the ticket.

Rarity

The rarity is predetermined by the ticket issuer. It is therefore not the intention to come up with anything here yourself. Some tickets that are now issued as rare are more common, and are also worth less, than tickets that were issued as commons in previous editions. However, commons always remain commons, even if they have become very rare later on. For number rarities such as 1: 5, the first number stands for the rarity, and the second for the number of boosters (unless stated otherwise). 1: 5 means that this rarity shape only occurs once in 5 boosters on average.

Party

This field is for games only. Game cards are often divided into parties by color. Sometimes a party is simply given a name. Party names are entered in the language of the ticket as much as possible.

Points / value on card

This field is for games only. The points indicate the strength of the attack and defense.

Draftsman / Designer

Place the name of the illustrator of the card here. First the last name with a comma attached to it, then the first name.

Person

For example: Shatner, William

The person depicted on the card. This is usually an actor or a celebrity. Do not place names of fictional persons here such as “Captain Kirk” First the last name with a comma attached, then the first name. As in the example.

Theme

Select one or more themes related to the map from the list. If there are no relevant themes, then leave it empty.

Year

Always use four numbers. The year is usually at the bottom of the card. In some cases, a year can only be found if you know which edition a card belongs to.

Conditions

Mint condition
Like new in every respect without any wear.

Good condition
Limited normal signs of use. No serious damage or obvious wear.

Fair condition
There is some damage but it is still in "collectible" condition.

Printing form

At the moment we have Metallic, Prism, Scratch Card, Black & White, Spectra-Etch, Die Cut, Lenticular, Hologram, Foiled, Dufex, Chromium, Pop-up and Embossed.
Other suggestions are of course always welcome.

Language

The language used on the card.

Text on card

Sometimes the text differs between different print runs. This field is intended to distinguish between them. Usually this field remains empty.

Dimensions

Width x height separated by a lowercase letter x. We only use “cm” once

Printer

The printer of the ticket.
This info is really only important for trade cards.
This field can be left empty for trading cards.

Details

Details for the catalog. So here NOT include the particulars of your specific copy (ie NOT “in good shape” or something similar); you can add that information to your own item if you have put it in your collection or shop.

Explanation of input images

Images featuring the logo, or any text from another site, will always be disapproved.
Images that deviate from the info, for example because they come from a different set, are also always rejected.
(In some series we make exceptions for the foiled cards.)
Failure to provide a proper replacement image will result in the entire item being rejected.
After all, the image is mandatory.

The first image is for the front of the card. The second image is for the back of the card. If the back is the same for the whole series, it does not need to be installed. The third image is rarely used in trading cards.

Use one of the following formats: .jpg, .gif, .png or .tiff. Photos larger than 700 pixels high or 700 pixels wide are automatically resized. The maximum size you can upload is 5 MB per photo. We recommend using .jpg files. They are compact so that adding photos is much faster.

Suggestions

Suggestions for improvements may be made below.
This first post will be constantly updated.

A number of (probably 3) extra fields will probably be added in the future.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • February 15, 2010 16:20
What is the “Administrator Sort Field”?

The “sort field manager” can only be filled in by the managers of the trading cards section. The purpose of this field is to put the cards in the correct order when this is not possible in the normal way. For people who are not administrators, this field itself is invisible, but the number is sometimes visible in the history of the item.

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • February 15, 2010 16:20

Why are there sometimes zeros before the numbers?

The number field on the trading cards is alphanumeric.
The reason for this is that sometimes there are letters in the numbers.
As a result, the numbers did not automatically appear in the correct order.
For example, 10 came right after the 1.
For a while this was solved by putting zeros before the numbers.
So these date from the time when we did not have administrator codes.
Now that we are working with sort codes that are automatically filled in, adding the zeros is no longer allowed.

We are currently busy removing the zeros

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • February 15, 2010 16:21
I have a suggestion for a new input field, where can I make a request?
This is preferably allowed here, in this thread. if the field has added value for a large number of cards.
What we encountered with the trading cards is that there is an enormous diversity between the cards.
If we have separate fields for all types of would be more than 80 input fields.
Then it becomes very complicated for most collectors to add another card.
That is why we have chosen to sort info , but only for a limited number of cards money, can be entered at the Card type field.
In this field you can enter everything you want to sort by, as long as it is not about info, which you can also put in one of the other fields.
When you view a series you will only see the “kind card names” that pertain to di e series.
This keeps everything clear and accessible.
Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • February 15, 2010 16:23
Extra explanation publisher field
The publisher field is meant to be able to put all the cards of a particular publisher together.
So it is not the intention to enter different writing variations of a publisher here.
When you spelling of the publisher find important information for the card, you can say it in details.
If you would like to be able to sort on it, you can always create a generic name with the different spelling, in the field Insert type of card .
Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • March 18, 2010 19:16

Today the field “ Person ” has been added to the trading cards.
In the future we want to create a central persons register, to which wikipedia-like pages can be linked.
We only want real people in this field, not characters from a movie or comic.

Show original message
  • 23 messages
  • December 01, 2010 21:38
added
December 01, 2010 21:38

The Star Trek CCG 2nd Edition Tenth Anniversary series also has a reprint without the Tenth Anniversary Logo in the top right corner. Do you have to mention the entire series again or is it with a reference in details, for example?

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • December 01, 2010 22:19

The Star Trek CCG 2nd Edition Tenth Anniversary series also has a reprint without the Tenth Anniversary Logo in the top right corner. Do you have to mention the entire series again or is it with a reference in details, for example?

We want to have all cards on Catawiki, including all reprints.
These are then placed as a separate set, with the addition of "(reprint)" after the set name.

See for example the 1st edition and unlimited sets at Pokémon.

Show original message
  • 56 messages
  • September 07, 2012 12:26
added
prices
reviews

Hmmm, I don't think this one is quite right either: set of 10 cards offered at the same time?

http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/trading-cards/edities-sets/star -wars / 2915271-10-0f-10? area = 16bb67fc5ae371452604e28a25611ab45e678307

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,185 messages
  • September 07, 2012 12:38
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And curiously enough, that shop currently has completely none items for sale .

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • September 07, 2012 12:47
added
prices
reviews

Strange indeed. Let's take a look.

Show original message
  • 56 messages
  • September 20, 2012 14:37
added
prices
reviews

But now (9/20) there is something for sale ....

Show original message
  • 56 messages
  • October 05, 2012 11:38
added
prices
reviews

And that will also be the case on October 5th.

Another issue is this: In CW not 1 card, but a whole set is entered as 1 item in order to to sell:

http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/trading-cards/edities-sets/star-wars-shadow-of-the-empire/2612499-complete-set- base-cards? area = c78e43118021000edbac39a21926569b150330ac

In my opinion, this way of working detracts from the primary goal of Catawiki: a complete overview.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • October 05, 2012 11:53
added
prices
reviews

At the time, Arwin agreed that complete sets can also be entered as 1 item in CW ...

Show original message
  • 56 messages
  • October 05, 2012 11:56
added
prices
reviews

Another point that I personally cannot agree with.

Thank you for your explanation, Morits.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • October 05, 2012 12:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

No, I strongly disagreed with that at the time. We almost never do it like this; only stamps and trading cards are now allowed.

Show original message
  • 56 messages
  • October 05, 2012 12:26
added
prices
reviews

If all administrators disagree, such an arrangement should be changed.

To me (!) it looks like:

1. a slice of convenience for sellers: They don't have to click / bulk add all items
  2. contamination of a database. When I first got to know CW, I really liked the structure of CW. The more concessions are made / agreements are adjusted or not fulfilled, the less interesting I find CW as a reference work. In my opinion it is starting to take on more and more Ebay-like forms.

Mind you, this is my personal opinion

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • October 05, 2012 12:44
added
prices
reviews

it looks the same as with stamps, indeed. I think it is because if you have a complete set (or to a lesser extent series for stamps), an automatic link cannot yet be made based on the series or series. Even if all single cards would be as a separate item in CW, it is very annoying if you have 10 different complete sets that you sometimes have to click 1000 individual cards to offer your sets. Some sets consist of more than 100 cards!

And that really has nothing to do with lazy sellers, also for your own collection ...

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • October 05, 2012 12:47
added
prices
reviews

@wimted, You can argue about whether we should do this so in itself a good discussion. It is true that with stamps it is not only useful for sellers but also collectors. Many collectors also add stamp series to their collection.

Show original message
  • 56 messages
  • October 05, 2012 12:51
added
prices
reviews

@Morits

I don't entirely agree with that:

there is an option called "add bulk" that simplifies all that work. I admit, it is still quite some work, but not the amount you indicate.

Furthermore, I still believe that (in this case) entering a complete set as one item is contamination of a database.

and when it comes to my own collection, I prefer to click on all individual items instead of just a set.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • October 05, 2012 12:55
added
prices
reviews

Pegag has made an interesting proposal for combination items in the catalog. We are still looking at whether and how we can best apply this.

Show original message
  • 56 messages
  • October 05, 2012 13:06
added
prices
reviews

@Rene

Also many collectors add stamp series to their collection

So an exception is made for one or two groups, which has an impact on the rest of the system? Seems like Dutch politics ;-)

Seriously, as a techie I am an opponent of everything that causes impurities in a system. I've had several discussions about this, including at work. 10% exceptions cause 90% of the work.

I am not aware of Pegag's proposal, but would like to look at it upon request.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • October 05, 2012 13:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It is logical that you can fill in sets.

Take this one for example.

I have absolutely no intention of taking this one out of its packaging and I don't think any of the collectors will.

How do you enter it differently?
all cards separately
+ packaging separately
+ cellophane separately

Show original message
  • 2,404 messages
  • October 05, 2012 13:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

causes impurities in a system

How do you think this is impure? Should there be a new section for complete sets?

You can just use the sorting options of CW if it is filled in correctly. And then it won't bother you.

Show original message
  • 56 messages
  • October 05, 2012 13:29
added
prices
reviews

What I mean by impure is the following:

In a database a set consists of an X number of items. That is pure.

In this set create an item X + 1 that says "these are all X items", that is impure.

(Think of a bundle of comics, stamps ed)

So there should be a separate category for that, say "a set of sets"

Then you keep the primary database clean.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 37