25of 32
  • 124 messages
  • July 20, 2015 10:57
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Lego has made a few changes.

The title starts with Lego, then the number and then the text (The official factory text as much as possible)

The manufacturer is Lego

Also fill in the brand and for the time being there are the following options:

Lego, Lego System, Legoland, Lego Duplo, Lego Technic, Lego MacDonalds, Lego Minifigures

Complete the number with leading zeros up to 5 digits. If the number is larger, then of course enter the larger number. Do not forget to note any additions, because Lego has used many numbers twice or reissued them with different packaging.

The series or series start with the brand name and try to use the existing series as much as possible and not add new ones.

If you are sure that 2 or more are actually the same, please pass this on to the administrators and they can easily combine it into 1 series

Enter what it is at Object, which is almost always a building set and then second, for example, building blocks, car, plane, etc.

Under Themes fill in what you do with it or what it is intended for.

Also fill in the country, in this case almost always Denmark

You can search for groups of matching sets with Series, Object, or Theme and to make the search better, the number of choices should not become too large.

Merging entire groups is easy for the administrators to do, so if you think that certain things (eg Lego city fire and Lego city firefighters) can be merged or that names can be corrected, please let us know.

Searching by number is a good addition to the Category, but it does not yet work optimally. That is still being worked on.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • July 22, 2015 12:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Why does that number have to be in the title? There is a separate number field, and LEGO is listed with both the brand and the theme?

Don't those boxes have names? Or is a descriptive title not better, such as police station? And LEGO City isn't just a series, just like LEGO McDonalds and those other series? The brand is just LEGO, right?

I found it annoying with the Boomerang and other Freecards that the number was in the title, let's not repeat that with LEGO now?

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • July 22, 2015 12:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And LEGO-City isn't just a series, just like LEGO McDonalds and those other series?

Series, series, series !!!

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • July 22, 2015 16:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The number has been put in the title by many collectors to be able to sort.

Now the possibility to sort by number has been made, but that does not work well and at the moment Arco is without programmer, so it can take a while for the sorting to work properly and the number to be shown on the overview pages.

If that works well, I think the number can disappear from the title again, because then that unnecessary. The name Lego was put in front of it because I needed it to be able to inspect the 1500 items without too much duplication.

Six months ago I asked a number of major collectors what their ideas were regarding the brand. , series and themes and on that the I had 1 reaction from a collector and who said that he had put them in front of someone else and had no further ideas. The number of series has already more than halved and more will disappear. The fact that the name Lego is at the beginning of the series name is therefore that a series is only made of Lego and not at the same time of another make. With theme something can be used for all brands and the brand name actually does not belong.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • July 23, 2015 12:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews
But it's nice that they are working on it, hats off to the work that has already been done and good luck with the other work. Unfortunately not a fanatic collector of Lego to help you with this. I do have Lego, but that's more because I almost never get rid of anything. I still had a lot of old Lego boxes, but unfortunately my mother threw them away. Everything now mixed together in a number of wooden boxes. I still have the sample booklets and advertisements, and I also hope that the sorting by number will come quickly and indeed, until then, sorting like that.
Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • July 23, 2015 12:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews

There are still many collectors who still have all the packaging and who take the trouble to import it. This is especially important from the early years.

I myself have a few large bins of loose stuff here and no set can be traced back to that.

Hopefully sorting by number will be solved quickly. . Arco has also read it because the option by number is gone for a while and they are doing it (I hope)

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 23, 2015 12:31
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I checked. The sort by number sorts by Series first. Hence it looks like it is not working. I changed that sorting name to 'Series / number' and added a new bare sort by number. Would you please check in half an hour to see if it looks the way you want it now?

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • July 23, 2015 15:06
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It's back to the way it was, so sorting doesn't work well.

Just look at page 1 of Lego

This is not really a forum discussion

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 23, 2015 15:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It should be fine now. Apparently the build-up takes longer than half an hour. You can test it by pressing the blue button to the right of the filters before doing anything at Lego. Then you can adjust the sorting in the black bar. Please let me know. Why shouldn't it be possible through the forum, you think? Doesn't communicate well like this?

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • July 23, 2015 17:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Sorting by number works and then you immediately see what errors there are.

I have something to do again.

TZT also make the number visible, ( parentheses) on the pages for better searching.

Thanks so far

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • July 25, 2015 16:55
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If you now open the 'Toys' section, it seems sorted by number.

However, that is not the case. It looks more like sorting by year.

For the time being I recommend replacing sorting by number with title and immediately after by number again, then the sorting is good.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 25, 2015 17:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I'll stay off for a while, if you don't blame me. There is a good chance that things are still being built up in the background. Some changes take a long time to rebuild all the galleries. It is also possible that it is still wrong in the memory (cache) of your computer.

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • July 25, 2015 19:58
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I also tried it on another computer and got the same result.

There are more crazy things in the sort menu, but that's not that important.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 25, 2015 21:05
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Maybe I misunderstand you. You said:

If you now open the 'Toys' section, it will appear sorted by number.

Since you don't see any sort on the Toys homepage at all, I thought you meant Manufacturer again, but apparently you mean something else. To avoid misunderstandings, please give us a URL.

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • July 26, 2015 00:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In this case I am talking about the manufacturer Lego, but it also applies to every other page by brand, theme, series, etc.

http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/speelgoed/ manufacturers / 81995-lego

Show original message
  • 289 messages
  • September 19, 2015 13:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I am a bit surprised by all these actions, Elastokees. Do you know why, neither I as a super administrator, nor my daughter (Gwenllian with 56 items, not the smallest of the collectors) have received a message from you that you were going to disable these actions.

You will not have missed it, that almost all Lego items have been edited by me according to an unambiguous method. I just wasn't done yet.

I have been less active in the last year due to private circumstances, but I always follow my mail and I also advise users. I know the user forum is not the proper channel to have the discussion, but since there is no admin forum for toys, just take this one.

I see you put a lot of time into it Elastokees, but it is very unfortunate that you did that so solitary and did not include the only co-manager in this section in the whole.

Incidentally, it is difficult to find items by number if you place a 0 in front of them. on the box there is still building instruction. The English name in the Dutch version of the site will also not increase findability.

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • September 20, 2015 11:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

At the same time we were installed by Ted as administrator for Toys.

I then asked you what your plans were and heard nothing.

You started very energetically then, but it's like a rice pudding mountain if you don't approach it in a structured way. I have not walked in your way and have only rarely looked at this section and have my hands full with the section "Toy soldiers"

However, it has been quiet for a long time and neither of us paid attention to it.

The main part of what is left of “Toys” is Lego and if you do anything you have to start there.

You are also the manager of 'Figurines', among other things, and then you know that the following things are important for a catalogue.

Brand/Manufacturer

Title

Series

Theme

Title is as much as possible the name given by the manufacturer. So English if that is an English name.

Series is the series that has been issued as belonging together by the manufacturer and it then (forced) contains the manufacturer's name.

The theme is the application/destination and is a connecting element in the category or even in the entire catalogue.

Factory numbers are not always known, but they are a good tool to quickly put something in order and find it again. Those extra zeros are necessary because otherwise Catawiki's sorting won't work properly.

About half of Lego had placed the number in the title, because the section had no option to sort by number. (Now it is, but the number is still not shown on the overview pages/photo gallery)

What is missing from 'Toys' and a whole lot of other sections is the Title in 4 languages.

This is a big mistake in the structure of the catalog and now means that a French person enters a French title and that it is not translated. Foreigners are actually not very familiar with a large part of the catalogue.

Show original message
  • 752 messages
  • September 20, 2015 12:43
added
prices
info pages
reviews

1955-chevy

I know the user forum is not the appropriate channel to have the discussion

? what is the forum for then? When decisions are made behind the scenes, we as collectors also want to know, also to prevent the questions that have already been solved behind the scenes from having to be answered again.

Show original message
  • 289 messages
  • September 22, 2015 18:46
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Kees, I am not very interested in history in this one, although I am sure that Ted in 2010, when I became manager of the section due to the large amount of comic items that were in it at the time (for me, entrance for the most part of my administrator roles), was not yet active as a catalog manager.

Also, my contribution as a (super) administrator to 15 sections is still a labor of love of old paper. Mainly extinguishing fires, but there was no question of a truly structured approach, prompted by various reasons (including the movement in which CW itself has been active for a while). In 30 years, after my retirement, I may have more time ... However, that is no reason not to seek coordination with a co-administrator.

I have not received a message from you, nor directly on my mail, nor via Catawiki. Only have we ever had contact about adding materials to the toy section.

You indicate "I asked a number of major collectors six months ago what their ideas were regarding brand, series and themes and on that. I had 1 reaction from a collector who said that he had placed them in front of someone else and had no further ideas. " I don't think that's an open way of communicating, especially if you only received a response from 1 person.

I'm not saying anything about the quality of the changes, although coordination might have led to different results, I say something about the process here. So what bother me, Kees, is that I think it is a shame that you have involved so few people in the development of your plans.

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • September 22, 2015 21:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You are acting very offended. It was never my intention to pass or ignore, but please stick to the facts.

I know a lot about Dolls & Bears and in 2013 I made suggestions about improvements to the section. We have had good contact about that and you have adopted that as much as possible.

The moment I turned out to be the unsolicited administrator of the 'Toys' section, I emailed you and never heard anything about it.

You did quite a bit of work in this section at the time and I didn't get involved in anything else, precisely so as not to get in anyone's way. Only nothing has been done for almost 2 years now.

Because I received questions from collectors, I started looking a bit more and it turned out that everything in this section was wrong.

I sent you a message on 03-29-2015 and got no response.

I sent another message on 4/30/2015 and again no response.

Now to claim that I'm handling the matter without informing you as the super admin of 15 sections, you're missing the point.

I have now reformed 1 brand (Lego), and asked Arco if the category can also be sorted by number and in due course . I will approach other brands in the same way.

Show original message
  • 289 messages
  • September 23, 2015 02:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I don't want to make it bigger than it is, Kees, done things don't take a turn. I can, however, inform you that your first message elicited an aggrieved reaction in me; I missed a response to the essence and especially found a lot of explanation why I had not asked.

I'm sorry Kees, but your messages did not reach me. The fact is that I save all my emails and messages and can therefore easily search them. That also explains the lack of response. How did you contact me?

By the way, my message is not only about attuning with me, but about broader attuning.

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • September 23, 2015 10:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The last 2 messages were sent via Catawiki and must still be in that mailbox.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • September 23, 2015 12:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Send it again, it will be easier to find, so when you have both found the time, get to work together and make good agreements about who does what.

Do not hesitate Ask the collectors and CataWiki members for help here on the forum or outside of it if necessary!

Good luck!

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • September 23, 2015 15:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Asking for help by mail doesn't work and those collectors really won't respond to a request on the forum.

In the general forum, the questions asked often tend to wander off.

Not everyone has your positive and constructive attitude. Most collectors enjoy putting in lots of items, but rarely get around to using their specific knowledge to improve/complement the items others have put in there. As an administrator, it's your job to create a catalog that adds value to a list of poorly documented items and picks up what the other collectors miss out on. Many administrators also improve items in other categories, collectors are much less likely to do so.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • September 23, 2015 18:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews
With LEGO you can make anything ... as long as you have the stuff for it
Show original message
Go to page