9of 9
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 44 messages
  • July 09, 2020 13:35
added
prices
reviews

I would like to raise the following:

When adding a new puzzle item, the manufacturer / brand of the puzzle must also be stated. This sometimes leads to discussion when entering a new item.

Should the manufacturer and the brand be mentioned there? Is it an either / or? and does the order matter? Is it an individual preference?

What also makes it a bit confusing is that the puzzle home page can be searched by Brands / Manufacturers. The order is therefore reversed compared to the input screen.

Most completed, (only) the brand of the puzzle is mentioned. In the absence of a brand, sometimes the manufacturer. This also seems to me the most obvious and practical. Someone will sooner say I want to look up a puzzle from Jumbo than I am looking for a puzzle from Hausemann and Hötte.

I would therefore suggest to:
- change the text at the input screen to Brand / Manufacturer (same as the start page)
- determine that the Mark as stated on the puzzle box is leading and sufficient
- only in the absence of a Brand (name), choose the name of the manufacturer
- someone is always free to include the name of the manufacturer in the field 'details'

Is this an option?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • July 09, 2020 15:42
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Another possibility is to split the field. We have also done this in the toys section.

Show original message
  • 44 messages
  • July 26, 2020 20:08
added
prices
reviews

Dear Ted,

Sorry for my late response. Splitting that into 2 fields would indeed be a good option. Then there are 2 search arguments through which the catalog can be accessed. But whether that is technically easy to implement and whether that has any priority?

The home page of puzzles still has duplications of 'types of puzzles'. Arco has passed it on, but nothing is visible in the layout yet. Either busy or no priority. But it is disturbing as a business plate of a homepage.

with regards

Wim

Show original message
  • 44 messages
  • August 16, 2020 09:41
added
prices
reviews

Dear Ted, Arco,

In addition to my previous input, it would be very nice if there were duplicate fields (see my post above). Can a request / call be placed with LastDodo for this?

As an example Ravensburger puzzles. I myself am partly 'guilty' of the resulting tangle of Ravensburger puzzles. Because there are various variants when including new items at brand / manufacturer, simply searching for a puzzle from the Ravensburger brand has become a task in itself.

Can you agree that I am uniforming all those puzzles and manually adapting them to the Ravensburger brand? Or is there a digital script for that?

If creating a double field is given the green light and execution by the LastDodo technicians, I can fill the manufacturer field manually in due course.

Is this an option?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 16, 2020 09:58
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi,

At Manufacturer I see all variants of Ravensburger, often with the name Otto Maier. Is all that supposed to be just Ravensburger? Or am I misunderstanding you? We can also ensure that when someone searches Otto Maier, Ravensburger is automatically displayed ...

Show original message
  • 630 messages
  • August 17, 2020 14:20
added
prices

If I may? seems best to split up how and what ..
Otto Maier is a concern.
Ravensburger a part (which itself also has internal (country) groups).
The question then becomes: do I want to find or find something from Otto Maier 'group', or from the Ravensburger division.

Although OM is related to, of course, Ravensburger, there are more 'disrespectful toys calling' related parts.
(well known in that industry via via)

Show original message
  • 44 messages
  • December 14, 2020 18:15
added
prices
reviews

Dear, I only now see that my questions / suggestions have been responded to. I expected to see a pop-up in my e-mail box, but I may not have that option enabled. Hence this very late response.

My question is still relevant.

Leike-w is right when he / she states that searching the entire catalog for, for example, 'Otto Maier' will also result in other products / games than just puzzles. However, when someone searches exclusively in the puzzles section, that person only gets the puzzles. This is also the case when the term Otto Maier only occurs in the details box (and therefore not as a brand or manufacturer). See for example LastDodo number 5499385.

My main concern is that all puzzles of the brand Ravensburger come together in 1 overview. I want to do this by standardizing all Ravensburger puzzles in the catalog under the brand Ravensburger. For the mention of the sometimes varying / deviating manufacturer , it is desirable if a separate entry field is created for this. Until then, I will mention the manufacturer (if applicable) in the detail box for as long as possible.

@Arco but perhaps your suggestion is much more practical to implement. Now the Ravensburger puzzles from the World Wide Series are divided over various brand or manufacturer names.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,347 messages
  • December 14, 2020 18:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Boenie

Via your Avatar / Settings / Catalog profile
Scroll down and check the box next to: New forum post notifications.

Apparently you missed that Arco passed away .

What is currently entered as Ravensburg as Brand / Manufacturer is incorrect in most cases. In some cases Ravensburger has been added in brackets: (Otto Maier, etc). This is not the way Arco intended.

We can hang several so-called Aliases on Ravensburger. This can then be searched for, also via the A/Z lists.
At first it seems sufficient to me if it only becomes Ravensburger with one alias: Otto Maier. If agreed, I can merge the current 5 manufacturers with the Ravensburger name.

Show original message
  • 44 messages
  • December 16, 2020 17:48
added
prices
reviews

Dear Collector,

I did miss that message, but it doesn't lessen the shock. The forum contacts I had with him were always pleasant and solution-oriented. That was fine correspondence.

What you write about Ravensburger with the manufacturer name in between () was an ultimate attempt by me to 'link' those different search arguments. Unfortunately that failed. If the aliases do make that link, that seems a good solution to me. So please.

I'll be putting that check mark on. Thanks for the tip!

Show original message
9of 9