25of 219
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,190 messages
  • August 16, 2012 16:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Here too, some providers are still playing tricks on the conditions, I see.

lot 7 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 8 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 12 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 18 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 20 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 25 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 29 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 35 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 41 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 47 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 48 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 57 This lot consists of the following Catawiki catalog item(s): No additional information found

Lot 60 Incorrect coupling

I thought it was technically impossible to submit an auction lot without a link to the catalog....

Then the laxity with this item is not too bad:

Lot 23 No effort was made to add the front scan to the catalogue

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 251 messages
  • August 16, 2012 16:49
added
prices

What is wrong then?

According to the conditions, large parties may offer them without a Catawiki link.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 16, 2012 16:57
added
prices
reviews

where is that then? I can't find it ...

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • August 16, 2012 17:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I really hope this is a joke...

A discussion held by non-stampers...how the hell can you link a lot of e.g. 4 stock books filled with perhaps 20,000 stamps stamp by stamp in catawiki or 500 FDC's piece by piece....if you are going to make that a requirement with large stamp lots you can close the auction, maybe Bert (who has a state pension) has time to click on 20,000 stamps.

Total nonsensical absurd pen-licking, I've been in the bisniss for 10 years but have never seen a stamp auction where entire stockbook lots were displayed in loose stamps in an auction guide

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/21833-vaticaanstad-collection-1940-tm-1980-in-linder-t-album

or

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/22085-nederland-complete-collectie-fdc-s-e59-e446a

aren't you going to link stamp/envelope for stamp/envelope to Catawiki items...that is unrealistic / the death knell for the stamp auction

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 16, 2012 17:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews
The catalog remains Catawiki.
The auction will be Catakwakkie?
Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • August 16, 2012 17:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews

No, I don't care, I haven't entered an auction (yet).

But I do have about 500,000 German stamps on the shelf, so I won't put them in the Catawiki auction as a 'lot' :)

From a philatelic point of view it is a comically unrealistic absurd ''how do we kill the stamp auction quickly and skillfully'' line

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 16, 2012 18:17
added
prices
reviews

@ Sinbad all the comments have been posted by fellow administrators who are committed to the collective site Catawiki.

No one has to contribute anything to the auction!

but it still seems to me that there is an agreement and that it is not manageable according to the stamp sellers, is separate from this agreement.

But I only have one word for the items quoted that is just rubbish and should be removed immediately.

And whether it's stamps or valuable papers or coins, I don't understand why this has been posted!

I myself am in favor of traders, as long as they behave like collectors, maybe it will become something, otherwise stop with this dredging.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 16, 2012 18:22
added
prices
reviews

Great condition you're wearing!

Can you add an item from the auction to your wish list?
You can add all items to your wish list, including the items that are offered for auction. Below each lot is the catalog number that you can enter in the search bar.

How do you want to do this with the examples?

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • August 16, 2012 19:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews
I understand your criticism guys, and Catawiki is a bit limping here too. It is important in this discussion that I am neither a supplier nor a buyer in this. As a philatelist with auction experience, I do see that the Catawiki rule does not work with stamps- bulk offer.So Catawiki adheres to the rules resulting in a totally uninteresting child stamp safe or it adjusts the rules, in that regard
Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • August 16, 2012 20:07
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Dick, you think the lots on offer are rubbish, fillatelistically I think it is the most interesting stamp auction to date, but you are right that the Catawiki rule is technically disapproved.
Show original message
  • 2,190 messages
  • August 16, 2012 20:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/postzegelmuntenveiling/sales

Lots are created based on the almost complete Catawiki stamp and coin catalog. This works quickly and all catalog data is automatically added to the lot. Buyers really appreciate this extra information. It provides more certainty about what is offered and that leads to higher bids.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • August 16, 2012 20:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews

No, you have a point, but this one is exemplary for stamp bulk

http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/22085-nederland-complete-collectie-fdc-s-e59-e446a

What would the purchase have been? 100 euro? what is he going to get? 200 or 300 euros excluding auction costs, 85 photos taken, 500 x tapping in catawiki why?

it already says:

Three Davo albums (very good condition, new price 90.00) with an overcomplete collection of unwritten FDCs from E59 (year 1963) to E446A (December 2001). Including extra 'Cour Internationale de Justice' letters (W75-W83). From 1975 all children's skins are also present.

Everyone knows what it's about, who (which bidder) do you make happy by clicking on 500 catawiki items (don't look at a dog)

It is a commercial company if he has to let someone click in unnecessarily for 2 hours, it is totally uninteresting economically, that is the death knell for the auction

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 16, 2012 21:45
added
prices
reviews

I judge as it is presented!

I do not buy stamps as a collector!

As you know, I think that sellers generally take it easy throughout many categories.

I look as a collector, to be honest it doesn't matter to me whether a seller earns a lot or little!

He determines what he thinks is a good margin, but as a catalog you just have to stick to the agreements.

And then it is a shame if you have to invest a lot of time to sell something, but you make that choice yourself!

and slogans as according to ........ etc is it worth so much etc totally unnecessary info you are not on the market!

I hope that Rene will make the rules even stricter, and I don't mean that because I trade I don't want to give anything but I want to help with a catalog, that's the starting point, and if that is good then you can just hitch a ride for next to nothing!

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 16, 2012 22:05
added
prices
reviews

What does strike me lot 20 items sold last week some list price 2560, = yes he means euries

And sell 85 euros excl costs!

But am I that stupid or do I not understand?

But I would be totally ashamed to call me a salesman when I think I know the market that way is a joke.

Show original message
  • 2,190 messages
  • August 16, 2012 22:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The scans give an impression of the content

Is this an auction or a raffle?

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • August 16, 2012 23:01
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This is a tough one.

A folder with 1000 (or more) stamps and then click on all stamps individually? That is too crazy for words.

But it is against the Catawiki rules.

Perhaps you should also look at the prices here. I'm quite a strong supporter of mandatory scans for expensive items, but if you're going to sell items in bulk that are worth a few Euro cents each, then it's not really about the individual item, but about the bulk.

And I happened to read an article today about the Reliable and the Precise. Fascinating!

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 17, 2012 03:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This is a difficult one.

A folder with 1000 (or more) stamps and then click on all stamps individually? That's crazy for words.

But it is against Catawiki rules.

It's not that difficult.

This is not allowed, so it cannot, and those lots must be removed. Auctioneer Jos can arrange that fine on Friday morning, I assume, because when he reads this he will also realize that a mistake has been made here.

It will only be possible once the Catawiki Team announces that the rules will change. And that's the beginning of the end on the sliding scale of the original vision of the founders.

In any case, I will not provide any support to salespeople who do not contribute to the catalog.

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • August 17, 2012 08:21

In this case, I agree more with Sinbad.

Linking to all items with this kind of bulk input is not realistic, nor is it pleasing to those interested in such items.
Nobody is going to click on all those links.
Everything that is offered should be in the catalog, but linking everything with a value of a few cents from a bulk offer is nonsensical.

Then the rules for the stamp auction will be adjusted, otherwise you might as well stop the stamp auction.
And will the auction stop then generate applause from the stamp collectors?
Presumably not.
Unfortunately, both Marco if René is not present at the moment, so now it is not possible to quickly adjust the rules.
And the auction will start in 3.5 hours ... not great at all.

Does not mean that the lots where not all items can be viewed, just always have to be removed.
I am talking about those notes that are thrown together, and those books of which only a few pages have been scanned.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 17, 2012 09:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In this case, I agree more with Sinbad.

It's not so much about who agrees with whom for the future. The point is whether something is allowed within the current rules. Now.

Show original message
  • 16 messages
  • August 17, 2012 10:16
August 17, 2012 10:16

I agree with the statement that auction lots should actually have a link to Catawiki items. We always insist on this with the providers of the stamp and coin auction and fortunately most of them cooperate well. A few sometimes forget something, but who doesn't.

However, in my opinion it is completely unrealistic to link every item for large(r) parties, collections and the like. Then such an auction lot becomes almost unreadable and I completely agree with Sinbad on this point. Of course we have to keep busy in a sensible way.

It is certainly not at the expense of, because if we were to force someone to, for example, link 300 stamps and then also create another 200 because they are not yet in the Catawiki catalogue, he or she will certainly not do that. so 0% profit for the Catawiki catalogue, Catawiki itself and the stamp and coin auction.

As an auctioneer, in certain cases I allow lots to be offered without a link to the Catawiki catalogue. The condition is, however, that the providers supply scans that do justice to the quality and composition of such a lot. To call these kinds of lots 'bagger' does not do justice to the material offered

I understand that I have stepped on the toes of some administrators with this. That is certainly not my intention, because I appreciate too much the work they do; We all try to achieve a good result together, don't we?

I agree with Arwin that the rules for the stamp and coin auction should be changed, otherwise you might as well quit. But stopping is in no one's interest and I hope the administrators will endorse this.

I would also like to emphasize that these cases currently only apply to stamps and coins. With comics and books, such small-scale items are not (yet) offered as such in one lot.

When René and Marco are back from vacation I will ask to adjust the rules for the stamp and coin auction. It should all continue to work.

For the time being, I take responsibility for posting the upcoming auctions, even if some lots are not entirely in accordance with the current rules.

The auctions already meet a great need and many collectors are extremely interested in lots and collections that have been offered in recent auctions and I believe that Catawiki's commercial interest should prevail for a while until this is clarified.

I hope that the gentlemen and ladies will understand this and will step over all objections for the time being.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 17, 2012 10:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

that auction lots should actually have a link to Catawiki items.

actually?

It is certainly not at the expense of, because if we were to force someone to, for example, link 300 stamps and then also create another 200 because they are not yet in the Catawiki catalogue, he or she will certainly not do that. so 0% profit for the Catawiki catalogue, Catawiki itself and the stamp and coin auction.

I don't give a damn, it's just against the rules that (surely?) you also have to abide by.

As an auctioneer, in certain cases I allow lots to be offered without a link to the Catawiki catalogue.

You don't have that authority at all. At least I haven't read anywhere that exceptions are made for certain people.

I understand that I have stepped on the toes of some administrators with this.

Nonsense, you have stepped on the toes of the current rules within Catawiki. And administrators are the volunteers who help to monitor those rules.

For the time being, I take responsibility for posting the upcoming auctions, even if some lots are not entirely in accordance with the current rules.

You are mistaken. It's called running away from your responsibility.

The auctions already meet a great need and many collectors are extremely interested in lots and collections that have been offered in recent auctions and I believe that Catawiki's commercial interest should prevail for a while until this is clarified.

This clearly indicates that as a paid employee you are completely unaware of Catawiki's set-up, and that is a sad observation. These are all arguments that I don't like because they ignore that design.

So... I would say: remove lots and start the discussion after René and Marco return. But don't get ahead of yourself now.

Show original message
  • 2,917 messages
  • August 17, 2012 10:46
added
prices
reviews
auctioneer proceeds? According to a catalog value of 1600 yield 85 do you now take your story seriously? In addition, it is a collective site that sellers can hitch a ride on! And stick to the agreements! Just remove those lots and right now those hitchhikers from traders are ruining the catalog
Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • August 17, 2012 11:07
added
prices

move that lot catawiki is not a party site

with 100,000 stamps with bids from 1 euro

still have a bunch of strips

2,000 pieces can they also be auctioned???

without coupling

no, the auction is intended for complete series or top pieces

we have a marketplace for large parties

an auction master is simply employed by so has nothing to say

about the policy of catawiki should only implement what is decided

unless he/she is officially authorized by the owners

review policy

in this case i agree with dick52 and arco

just delete

and the description is also brief

Show original message
  • 1,463 messages
  • August 17, 2012 11:10

It's not about who agrees with whom for the future. The point is whether something is allowed within the current rules.

I agree with you on that, let there be no misunderstanding about that. not adhering to its own rules, we make a fool of ourselves.
If rules are untenable in certain situations, you can adjust them, ignoring them is not an option.

The auction will now start in an hour ... .

Again, not all pretty.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 17, 2012 11:15
added
prices
info pages
reviews

still have a lot of comics available

2,000 pieces may they also be put up for auction ???

This is exactly what I meant when I talked about 'sliding scale'. I always send sellers who want to offer this like this and not otherwise directly to Marktplaats.nl or Ebay.nl

Show original message
Go to page
25of 219
This topic is locked