Go to page
25of 80
  • 81 messages
  • August 06, 2012 11:24
August 06, 2012 11:24

Hello everyone

Just the following: the following is a Catawiki rule that according to their policy must be observed.

Damaged stamps may not be offered in the Stamps section.

Yet I come across this everywhere: regummed stamps are offered, stamps with defects, also at the auction
I hope that a little more attention will be paid
It will probably be about the financial profits go as always

I was under the impression that Catawiki was many times better than other sites like Marktplaats or Ebay, but there is no difference,

Check it out for now otherwise I might close my shop and look for a better site, there are endless discussions on the forum, but what one has to make sure that only good quality is offered is forgotten.

Mvg J. Wiggers

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,412 messages
  • August 06, 2012 13:52
added
prices
info pages
reviews

That's too bad for you. Perhaps it could have distinguished you among all those, according to you many, sellers who sell inferior quality.

It is a seller to sell a lot. If a seller says that his stamp or postage is damaged, bad or in poor condition, then he is free to try to sell that stamp. Whether he succeeds or not, that is a second question, but that is really his concern and not yours.

I have also followed the discussions and I think, as a non-seller, I also sometimes responded, but the above text explains my position. If it is a CataWiki rule, then I disagree, as long as a seller is honest about their merchandise and describes the item correctly. And of course not in violation of the legal rules.

Furthermore, I still find CataWiki much better than many other sites, because they distinguish themselves and are really collector-oriented with the possibility to sell.

If you still want to quit, then I wish you the best of luck with your search for a better site and good luck with your sales!

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • August 06, 2012 14:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Boyfriend Disney Meentwijc,

If you still want to quit, I wish you the best of luck in your search for a better site and good luck with your sales!

That won't work (yet) :)

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • August 06, 2012 14:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

What? Stop or sell that;)

Stopping nowadays, I thought, is well arranged with the unsubscribe button in your profile. Just do not know about the checks if something is still being processed (sold). I hope that people will not be able to unsubscribe.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 06, 2012 15:04
added
prices
reviews

@plaatfout

I just don't understand that someone is concerned about the fact that sellers do not follow the rules (in the context of "close shop"). What has that to do with the quality and integrity of the Catawiki catalog. It is completely impossible to check what a seller is offering. If it is already established then it can be criticized, otherwise not.

My proposal: how would you like to check what and how a seller offers something that is against the rules. Now try to think of that without pointing directly to "the programmer", but as a future catalog owner, think about how you would solve that? Pretend you have to make the best site in the world that does that.

Show original message
  • 81 messages
  • August 06, 2012 16:13
August 06, 2012 16:13

Hello Morits

A few weeks ago I responded to a discussion that no material of lower quality is offered on Catawiki, I responded that that is not the case

Have some weeks ago also reported that material is offered with all kinds of descriptions such as re-gummed, fold, with flaws, brown tip, missing tooth, etc.

As recommended to me, you can pass on the number, but a hopeless action you hear nothing of it and nothing else happens with it

If rules are drawn up, I think it is a task of the seller himself to enforce this in the conditions it clearly states that there are no damaged stamps may be offered, you must agree to these terms and conditions if you want to become a member.
Why are they not adhered to then.

Perform more control and get something passed on than do something about it .
Another possibility is that if you want to make an offer with texts like re-gummed, tear etc. that they are immediately rejected.

At the auction I also see a lot every week now "all stamps have defects"

Apparently it is now allowed as long as it is will be listed.

Continue on my old method and offer my material to the NPV everything will be inspected there and provided with certificates and only then auctioned

Mvg J.Wiggers

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 06, 2012 17:05
added
prices
reviews

we are talking about shops and not auctions. You are right if the auction conditions are not followed. Apparently not every auctioneer is fully aware of everything. But if you just report this, it will be listened to. You shouldn't give up so easily. Just look at the book auction. If I responded like you, I should have closed my account months ago. But I don't care about that auction in the sense that my account is for the catalog and my shop and not for auctions. I will keep warning, but I personally do not attach any consequences to that, that would be a r * concern.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • August 06, 2012 17:11
added
prices
reviews

@plate error,

If you want to become a member you must agree to these terms and conditions .
Then why don't they stick to it.

I often wonder that too, but that in itself doesn't help much.

If issues are reported, we try to resolve them. Recently, a shop was closed that was suspected of offering gummed stamps. It is possible that reports from you about shops have fallen through the cracks. Otherwise, send them to me and I'll take a look right away.

Show original message
  • 81 messages
  • August 06, 2012 18:19
August 06, 2012 18:19

Hello Rene

I like this one myself, nr 268803 then take the 3rd if not used. One Erik has already asked the same question there, this stamp has only been offered for a year.
Furthermore, I do not want to spend too much time on it , as I stick to my decision.

With regards to J.Wiggers

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 06, 2012 19:26
added
prices
reviews

Day

Isn't it strange that you never come across such dissatisfied users with, for example, comics or records ...

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • August 07, 2012 08:23
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Morits,

Do you really think it's crazy? Or do you just think it's funny to say?

Show original message
  • 2,403 messages
  • August 07, 2012 08:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Morits, Don't worry, we've had these kinds of dissatisfied users in other sections often enough.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • August 07, 2012 08:36
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Jiles,

Would Morits really be concerned?

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 07, 2012 09:53
added
prices
reviews

worries? no, I have a beautiful baby of 2 months and that takes away all worries when she tries to "talk" to you, there is nothing more beautiful in the world ...

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • August 07, 2012 10:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I have a beautiful baby of 2 months and that takes away all worries

Enjoy it now fully, because in about 15 years and 10 months you beep otherwise.

Show original message
  • 160 messages
  • August 07, 2012 15:58
prices

Just tell me about 12 years and 8 months.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • August 07, 2012 16:04
added
prices
reviews

I like this one myself, no . 268803 , take the 3rd when unused

This shop indeed offered 2 gummed stamps and that is not allowed. They have now been removed and the seller has been held accountable. Thanks for signaling.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • August 07, 2012 23:15
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And so you see, you just have to report it and something will be done about it. Maybe a little later than you had hoped, but something is being done about it.

Patience is often a virtue and you shouldn't get too annoyed. As Morits recalled, there are much nicer things to enjoy.

Show original message
  • 81 messages
  • August 08, 2012 10:03
August 08, 2012 10:03

I'm not annoyed at all, one of the points that bothers me a bit is that other sites are often attacked, such as MP and Ebay.
What I'm trying to make clear is that I see exactly the same here, it's really not that one seal that is now being removed.
And that is not what I care about , I care about the interest of the buyer .
They benefit from buying good material.
That lots of 1st issue are then offered at the auction (8 stamps) "with all stamps have defects" and are sold for amounts of 60 or more, I don't think it's ok. You buy something that can go straight into the trash,
For me it's about the collector and buyer, you don't make rules for nothing else they can also go into the trash.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 08, 2012 10:07
added
prices
reviews

I ask very carefully, but uhhh did you ask Erik if it is okay that you put his mail to you on the forum? The rule is: that is not just allowed ...

Show original message
  • 81 messages
  • August 08, 2012 10:46
August 08, 2012 10:46

Hello Morits

Thanks for your response, was not aware of that line

Show original message
  • 160 messages
  • August 08, 2012 12:31
prices

In itself I have no problem at all with offered stamps that have a small defect PROVIDED it is mentioned. Collectors are not all the same. One wants intact stamps and another collector looks more at the image side of the stamp. I also have some stamps with a defect, but I am very happy with them. Without defects, these stamps would be worth thousands of euros. When I look in my books I always get happy when I see these stamps. Without flaws I would not have had these stamps. I don't collect for the value of a stamp, but for the collection itself.

Too bad about the rule in Catawiki.

Coins, comics, books everything is presented with flaws.

I had to get this out.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • August 08, 2012 12:53
added
prices
reviews

The point is that aftergumming is not a defect but an attempt at fraud, why else would you also want to repeat?

A tooth that is not very cool is not fraud, but a defect and a defect must simply be offered can be, just like damaged comics or books ...

I have become curious: where is the rule that re-checking is not allowed or items with defects not offered may be? Can someone show me that text?

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • August 08, 2012 13:07
added
prices
reviews

@Morits, That was once included as the last rule in the regulations for sellers because there were regular issues with defective stamps in the beginning of the stamp section.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • August 08, 2012 14:33
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Flaws ok, provided they are clearly stated, reimbursement is forgery / fraud

Show original message
Go to page