Go to page
25of 89
  • 1,890 messages
  • February 05, 2011 15:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

How do you remove duplicate stamps or stamps that are completely wrong?

e.g. http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/postzegels/landen- areas / morocco / 1252923-nonsense? type = s and http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/postzegels/countries-areas/marokko/1252935-mekn-s?type=s en http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/postzegels/landen- areas / morocco / 716575-faces? type = s from morocco?

I often come across double or nonsense stamps, how can you remove them ?, I have already commented on specifics with the relevant one, but I think you should be able to remove those kinds of stamps from the database as soon as possible, right?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • February 05, 2011 15:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

When it comes to duplicates, change the title of the most erroneous to 'Duplication of xxxxxxx' with the Catawiki number of the item that should remain in place of the crosses.

If it concerns a really incorrect entry, it is best to contact a super administrator of the relevant collection area.

Show original message
  • 58 messages
  • February 05, 2011 17:21
added
prices
reviews

I checked these stamps and the first 2 had the wrong year, so they were double in the catalog. I have changed the name to "duplication of xxxxxxxxx". The third stamp was also duplicated and I also changed the name to "doublure of xxxxxxx".

@Sindbad: if you saw such stamps in duplicate, can you change the title to "doublure of xxxxx"? If you notice that there are errors in the catalog, you can also adjust them of course ... Everyone is immediately satisfied.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • February 05, 2011 19:11
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ Vlendert,

I always correct errors (see my facts), but if these errors were already correct, they go from wrong to double.

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • February 05, 2011 19:24
added
prices
reviews

Daan (postmaster) is currently removing duplicate stamps. only the 'super administrators' have these rights.

Show original message
  • 58 messages
  • February 05, 2011 22:00
added
prices
reviews

@Sinbad: I know you correct a lot of mistakes and I really appreciate it.

Show original message
  • 76 messages
  • February 06, 2011 10:56
added
prices

Proposal.

Could stamps (stamps) that do not bear any catalog number automatically be classified under curiosities !! ??

With the understanding that these no longer appear in the regular stamps.

Look forward to your response.

Furthermore, should there be or not a 3 letter country code for the catalog numbers ??

gr. stamp-swap

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • February 06, 2011 11:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ stamp-swap,

As far as I am concerned, absolutely no 3 liter country code for catalog numbers, just the number from the catalog with nothing added, nothing to make up just as it is in the catalog

Show original message
  • 58 messages
  • February 06, 2011 12:44
added
prices
reviews

I agree with Sinbad.

@ Stamp swap: what do you mean by your first question? Do you mean all stamps that do not currently have a (Michel, Yvert, SG, ...) number? Or are you talking about stamps that can never get such a number because they are not listed in a catalog?

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 499 messages
  • February 06, 2011 14:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The duplicates have been processed. Thanks for 'branding' these items!

It is not mandatory to enter a catalog number, but it does make your entered item easier to find for other users. So shop owners, take advantage of it to enter your items with a catalog number. A sharp, well-framed scan also helps make your item visible.

Show original message
  • 76 messages
  • February 06, 2011 19:12
added
prices

Hello @Sindbad and @Vlendert

Thank you for your unanimous answer. But is this going to be in some protocol? Is there a protocol regarding the completion.

My question remains: MUST or DO NOT have a 3 letter country code for the catalog numbers ??

Second comment Flendert:

@ Stamp swap: what do you mean by your first question? Do you mean all stamps that do not currently have a (Michel, Yvert, SG, ...) number? Or are you talking about stamps that can never get such a number because they are not listed in a catalog? YES answer

Answer: JAAAAAAAA !!!!! those stamps that can never get a catalog number.

greetings Pieter stamp-swap

Show original message
  • 499 messages
  • February 06, 2011 22:08
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ stamp-swap

No country code for the catalog numbers.

About the stamps without a number. When it comes to news that is not yet in the catalog, not with curiosities of course.

I have created Cinderella's in countries / regions where you can store fantasy stamps (without catalog number). Illegal issues will be denied.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • February 06, 2011 22:11
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Are fantasy stamps different from closing stamps?

Show original message
  • 787 messages
  • February 06, 2011 23:38
February 06, 2011 23:38

With some surprise I learn that postmaster is (again) energetic in creating an area of "Cinderella's":

1) When entering, you cannot indicate from which country / postal area the stamp originates, as "Cinderella's" is already entered here.

2) The "type" is of course not "stamp" !!!

3) The usage type "fantasy / parody stamps" is also incorrect. See the discussion about this on the forum "Stamps general" - Stamps.

Half-hearted solutions always require double work in the long term !!!

Show original message
  • 499 messages
  • February 07, 2011 12:15
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Arco

Fantasy stamps include, for example, the 'stamps' of Joost Swarte, perhaps known to you. Also stamps of nonexistent countries, uninhabited islands, private republics.

Sealing seals are seals to stick to the back of a letter as, often decorative, sealing. These are also collected, but are certainly not postage stamps. My proposal is to temporarily place sealing stamps next to cinderellas. They are seldom introduced.

@tapir

It is difficult to determine where these stamps come from, as they are often not issued in the countries / areas mentioned on the stamp (if the area already exists anyway). The country name can be placed in the title.

Stamps like Nagaland are printed by commercial companies purely to make money from the collector. What is the difference with the current stamp issues? One big difference: you cannot frank with these stamps.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • February 07, 2011 12:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Thank you for your clarification.

FYI: At Curiosa Other there are already many copies as Object 'Seal Stamp'. If no one mentions those things stamps, it is worth considering not to put them with those Cinderallas, but with Curiosa.

Show original message
  • 76 messages
  • February 07, 2011 13:05
added
prices

@Postmaster

Hello Postmaster,

Twice I had 10 stamps made with a picture of my two grandchildren.

In my opinion these do NOT belong in the catalog at home as Stamps.

It causes heavy pollution in the stock and you can no longer see the forest for the trees. We, Dutch collectors, still know that it concerns Personal stamps, which will NEVER appear in a stamp catalog. But what about all foreigners who are looking for 2010 in the Netherlands. Their enthusiasm will soon be over, at the sight of all those seals that are already there, unjustly.

Would you also like to give me an answer to my response from Feb 6. - 7.12 pm, I am very curious about that.

hear (please see) your opinion on this

Pieter stamp-swap

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • February 07, 2011 13:11
added
prices
info pages

Fantasy stamps include, for example, the 'stamps' of Joost Swarte, perhaps known to you.

The name you were looking for is Joost Veerkamp . Swarte has designed real stamps.

I also think that cinderellas do not belong in the stamp catalog, but under curiosities.

Show original message
  • 499 messages
  • February 07, 2011 13:56
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@Bookstore

That Joost, indeed.

Great for leaving seals under curiosities. Good to know they have a place there.

@ stamp-swap

Personal stamps are in their own usage type and therefore do not appear between the franking stamps. So you can select on it. About your own stamps: especially do not place them if you do not want them in there yourself. 1comicworld is also a manager of personal stamps, keeps an eye on what is and what is not received.

Would you also like to give me an answer to my response from Feb 6. - 7.12 pm, I am very curious about that.

Can you indicate exactly what you want an answer to. I felt that myself and others have tried to answer that.

Show original message
  • 76 messages
  • February 07, 2011 14:12
added
prices

@Postmaster

"But is this going to be in some protocol? Is there a protocol regarding the completion." ""

I had not received an answer to this.

Furthermore, I have just found without selection, only year 2010, among all normal stamps at least 134 Personal stamps of the 278 present stamps, So if not cataloged personal stamps, about 50%. Including quite a few doubles. Have a look.

greetings Pieter stamp-swap

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • February 07, 2011 17:30
added
prices
reviews

Arco wrote:

Thank you for your clarification.

For your information: At Curiosa Overig there are already many copies as Object 'Seal Stamp'. If no one mentions those things stamps, it is worth considering not to put them with those Cinderallas, but with Curiosa.

We are just in the process of making a number of larger components of Other independent, including Seal Stamps. That will then be a separate section as far as I am concerned. There is indeed some nice content in Other as well.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • February 07, 2011 17:32
added
prices
reviews

@ stamp-swap, they have the use type "Personal stamp", such as this ?

Show original message
  • 76 messages
  • February 07, 2011 18:00
added
prices

@ René

Yes René, those are indeed the stamps that anyone can have made, but will never appear in a catalog. Or do you mean something else. You can always email me personally if you prefer.

My second question concerns catalog numbers.

@Sindbad, @Vlendert and @postmaster gave me the indication not to use country codes. However, what do I see with most items imported by Collect-a-Rom, there are indeed NL for the Dutch catalog numbers. Then my doubts hit.

Please read my messages from the last 2 days.

mvrgr Pieter stamp-swap

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,172 messages
  • February 07, 2011 19:31
added
prices
reviews

I mean that the reason you see it is probably because the usage type is not entered (correctly). That is why they are immediately visible.

So we include them in our cat anyway.

Show original message
  • 787 messages
  • February 07, 2011 19:54
February 07, 2011 19:54

To the postmaster,

I repeat my comments:

1) When entering, you cannot indicate from which country / postal area the stamp originates, as "Cinderella's" is already entered here.

2) The "type" is of course not "stamp" !!!

3) The usage type "fantasy / parody stamps" is also incorrect. See the discussion about this on the forum "Stamps general" - Stamps.

Why don't you think it's worth answering?

Plus, I don't need personal recommendations, although well-intentioned:

" The country name can be placed in the title .. ."

Work on a fill-in page for cinderella's and other stamps, but certainly not with stamps !!

Show original message
Go to page
25of 89