4of 4
  • 2 messages
  • December 29, 2010 09:37
December 29, 2010 09:37

Hello,

I have a question about some of the stamps I have from Vatican City. it concerns, for example, this http://www.catawiki.nl/ catalog / stamps / countries-areas / vatican / 269559-overprint? type = s

I have this stamp with stamp, but the picture here shows a completely different type of stamp, on the stamp is a stamp that says Per Pacchi, does this determine the stamped price or does that not matter?

Thank you in advance

EDIT. Now I just see that there is also another version, namely this http://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/postzegels/landen-gebied/vaticaan/278603-paus-pius-xi?type=s and the other person is printed next to what is the difference and how can you see that.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 29, 2010 11:53
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hello Saskia,

Something in your story creates confusion for me, are you talking about the cancellation? or about overprinting / overprinting a new value?

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • December 29, 2010 12:39
December 29, 2010 12:39

AHA I think I get it, the imprint is something that was added later and is therefore not a stamp as I first thought. Haha, too bad they are worth a lot less but yeah you can't have everything right.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 29, 2010 13:34
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Saskia,

This slowly goes completely wrong, in most cases a stamp is overprinted when e.g. rates are increased, for example a king is deposed through a revolution or due to a special event this is usually done on existing residual stocks, so usually (but not always) stamps with an overprint or overprint are worth more than stamps without, canceled (walked stamps) are already used and usually (but again not always) cheaper than MNH stamps

Show original message
4of 4