14of 14
  • 76 messages
  • November 27, 2010 12:22
added
prices

In Switzerland, after 2000, a large number of stamp scans are missing.

Now I wanted to add some, but that is not possible because the insert options are frozen.

I have already indicated several times that I would like to help, but I am not getting information and answers to my questions.

How to continue ??????????????

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 9 messages
  • December 05, 2010 11:11
added
prices
December 05, 2010 11:11

Your help request is a clear example of how the postmasters handle these requests. No response despite repeated requests. Obviously the help of avid collectors is not necessary. That means that this site will quickly price itself out of the market. A toy for a small group.

Show original message
  • 9 messages
  • December 05, 2010 11:43
added
prices
December 05, 2010 11:43

Check the various sections on stamps and you will find many more desperate posters of messages that get no response. If the project gets too big too quickly, action must be taken quickly or this site will lose its credibility.

And yes, when I discovered this site I was very enthusiastic. Too bad it has gone so quickly.

Show original message
  • 58 messages
  • December 05, 2010 12:48
added
prices
reviews

Too bad you got such a negative image. I just want to frame why this is. We are currently with 3 administrators for the stamp category who have to review all new additions and keep everything tidy. (Compare this with the list of the administrators for comics, for example) We do all three voluntarily and have our own lives outside of this site, in which we also invest time. Why we are administrators then is simply for the love of stamps.

Erik is mainly concerned with adding new stamps so that the catalog is as complete as possible. Postmaster and myself are the ones who mainly review. I was the only one for a long time, so we still have a lot of work to do!

At the moment it is not possible for Postmaster and myself to edit the items that are blocked. Only Erik can do this at the moment. I think you can imagine what this means and the number of times we are contacted for errors on these items.

I admit that it is not really professional not to respond to these help offers. But as I said, all of this has to come from just 1 person, namely Erik. Contact him and he will let you know if he can use your help.

Hopefully this post will show you how everything works. If you have any questions, you can always contact me. Keep in mind that I as an administrator can certainly not do everything you want! But we can of course try ...

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 499 messages
  • December 05, 2010 13:08
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@ stamp swap

Volunteers are currently working hard to fill the gray areas with scans. What I understand is the labor intensive work, so it takes time. Recently thousands of scans have been added, have patience, it will come.

I think it's a shame and a bad thing that you don't get an answer to your emails and unfortunately it is a complaint that I hear more often. Assume they are very busy.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • December 15, 2010 20:05
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I understand it all, but you sometimes come across '' gross errors '' such as wrong Michel number, wrong picture, completely wrong value or no picture that you have and you just cannot change that / that very frustrating.

I also do not know why it has been fixed and if you then email the change or error via "the button" nothing happens, I have already done this dozens of times, which indeed takes a lot of time if you really do serious collecting in depth (perforations , watermarks and color differences) you get completely frustrated.

I was also very enthusiastic when I discovered this site, now I have entered maybe 0.01% of my collection with a lot of effort and time and I come to the sad conclusion that it will not be this way.

Fortunately, the responses show that I am not the only one (started to doubt myself) therefore with this one ...

Dear Catawiki, ASAP, get that stupid security / freeze off the stamps and trust the goodwill and sincerity of your users.

This is the only way to make Catawiki a success, serious users who want to help (and put a lot of time and love into it) will drop out disappointed in this way.

It is a pity that Vlendert claims that there are only 3 administrators because there are also sub-managers like me, unfortunately the feedback is also small for them, since I am a sub-manager I have no more answers from "the management" so I stopped asking questions. add that Postmaster will happily respond.

Show original message
  • 58 messages
  • December 17, 2010 10:17
added
prices
reviews

I have also not chosen to freeze the items and have also been immensely annoyed by it. I also think the benefits of defrosting far outweigh the benefits of keeping it frozen. Adjustments still have to be made anyway.

I can't unfreeze anything myself although I should be able to in theory. I also think that the modifications that are forwarded are very justified and show that some collectors really want to contribute to Catawiki. Unfortunately, I cannot improve these adjustments. Erik told me a long time ago, that the adjustments are included in a larger update and everything is adjusted in one go. I don't know how this works.

I do not report any more changes myself. They only end up in my mailbox anyway. Have to admit that I do share your frustration in that area. So I agree with your request to disable the freeze, especially since there are still a lot of errors in it.

I certainly don't want to detract from the work of the sub-managers, far from even. But since we started with the frozen items, I had to think about the super administrators and administrators.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • December 17, 2010 10:43
added
prices
reviews

The intention is to open the stamp section in the short term. We are in the process of adding the latest files from Collect-a-rom (Erik) and after that there is no reason to keep the stamps from those files frozen.

Erik has promised to process all submitted changes.

Incidentally, it is now possible to fill in all fields that have not yet been completed. In addition, all theme fields can also be expanded.

Show original message
  • 787 messages
  • December 17, 2010 11:47
December 17, 2010 11:47

To René,

The latter is definitely not true with the items that do not have an image!

You can't change anything because you supposedly have to add an image! But you cannot add an image.

Absurdity at its best!

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • December 17, 2010 12:56
added
prices
reviews

Hey, I didn't know that. Come to think of it, you probably won't be able to save it because it will check for the mandatory image. Not handy indeed ,. I have to discuss this with Marco. Erik is also working on adding images from Western Europe up to and including 2010. That should be done quickly.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • December 17, 2010 13:20
added
prices
reviews

probably a difference between administrator and user? Because I made a lot of changes where there was no image and still I could make the change without any problem ...

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • December 17, 2010 17:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Nice to hear that Postzegels is finally becoming a real wiki. Until now I thought it was a very strange duck in the Catawiki bite.

Show original message
  • 499 messages
  • December 17, 2010 17:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I also welcome defrosting. Generally, user input is fine and errors are fixed by many attentive collectors and administrators.

Just a call to users to check if an item is not already present before entering. Some countries are chock-full of duplications and it takes a lot of work to remove or merge them

Show original message
  • 251 messages
  • December 24, 2010 13:19
added
prices

It strikes me that since the Euro era (2002) there are regular double stamps on the stamps of the Netherlands, sometimes even 3 times as with various beautiful Netherlands stamps.

Will these duplicates be removed over time?

Show original message
14of 14