3of 3
  • 20 messages
  • November 11, 2010 15:51
November 11, 2010 15:51

Have a question about adding at New Guinea . Comes with 2 postage stamps from 1935 of British New Guinea. Note that no individual stamps have been added to New Guinea yet. I have become a bit reluctant to add it, so ask where I should add it.

This concerns these canceled stamps: 1d green (green) from 1935, image Bird of Paradise, Airmail and the same stamp but with overprint 'His Majesty's Jubilee 1919 - 1935.

This 1d green Air cannot be found in Stanley's Gibbons catalog.

History:

The first stamps pictured a native village, but in 1931 this series was replaced by the present popu lafe "Bird of Paradise" design. The first JflK of Paradise "stamps were issued to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Aus tralian administration, and bore the dates " 1921-1931. "The date tablets were re moved the following year, and the same design has been current ever since. Both these "Bird of Paradise" issues are to be found overprinted with an airplane for use on letters sent by air mail, and the Id (green ) and 2d (red) were over prinbed in 1935: "His Majesty's Jubilee, 1910-1935," to commemorate the late King George V's silver jubilee.

Can I add these stamps to New Guinea? New Guinea has also been the colony of Germany and the Netherlands.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 499 messages
  • November 11, 2010 21:30
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes, you can add this stamp to New Guinea. It is Michel no. 125, you can add it right away.

The Dutch colony is Dutch New Guinea and the German colony is German New Guinea.

Show original message
  • 20 messages
  • November 11, 2010 23:00
November 11, 2010 23:00

OK, thanks postmaster, they have been added, only to that Airmail I added the Michel no. 125, I don't know if this also applies to the anniversary stamp.

By any chance, do you also know the value of the airmail stamp?

Well, you can change it if something is not checked correctly or add other details.

By the way, I've always been a big fan of Pieter Post with my kids, haha!

Show original message
3of 3