5of 5
  • 8 messages
  • June 30, 2010 16:16
June 30, 2010 16:16

I notice that there is no space in the catalog sections to note the numbering of the OCB (Official Catalog of Belgian Stamp Dealers).

However, that would be useful now that almost all Belgian collectors follow this numbering + also a good number of non-Belgian ones.

Maybe that could replace the NVDP (or something like that)

The same remark can be made for other countries and other catalogues. Eg. the Zumstein for Switzerland or the Unificati for Italy.

And (but I'm posting this here without prior checking - so sorry if it's wrong) maybe a place for that new international numbering ( WNS ) would be useful too.

I understand that you cannot include all catalog numbers. In addition to the world catalogs of Michel, Yvert, Scott, Stanley and the international one, one variable category per country might be the solution.

kind regards
Jan

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • June 30, 2010 16:32
added
prices
reviews

The intention is that each stamp will have one number that is widely used locally, as well as the numbers from the world catalogs. Dutch stamps already have a box NVPH that is also (0prohibited) visible in other countries. The OCB number will soon be placed at that place for Belgium. However, this is a programming issue and has quite a few consequences with combined lists.
By the way, the conversion lists to OCB are largely ready.

I understand that you cannot include all catalog numbers. In addition to the world catalogs of Michel, Yvert, Scott, Stanley and that international one, one variable section per country would be the solution.

So this is exactly what we're going to do.
But if, for example, you have a list of mixed countries printed, this will cause complications, and also when searching by number in the database, it requires adjustments.

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • June 30, 2010 16:36
added
prices
reviews

And (but I'm posting this here without prior checking - so sorry if it's wrong) maybe a place for that new international numbering (WNS) would be useful too.

The WNS number is only for a limited number of countries and because not all of those countries have a WNS number. it hardly interesting for collectors. As far as I can tell, the WNS number is not a success, partly because there is no real cataloging behind it. Is mainly set up to separate legal stamps from fabrications, but the countries where this is a factor do not participate in the expensive system ...)

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • December 06, 2010 19:45
added
prices
December 06, 2010 19:45

When can we expect the OCB numbering, as a Belgian I am also waiting for this.

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • December 29, 2010 16:53
December 29, 2010 16:53

Might be useful to link these. For example, if someone enters the OCB numbering, the link is automatically made with the World Catalog and virsa vesta as used in the program access or even in the simple excell. Could take some work, but is a challenge for a precise person

Show original message
5of 5