3of 3
  • 1 message
  • December 30, 2020 13:32
December 30, 2020 13:32

Hello,

I have a number of areas of stamps that I would like to add to my collection, but since doing stamp by stamp I find it quite laborious. Is there a way that you can enter a whole collection at once. For example, the GDR or CCCP still have a large number of stamps.

I would like to hear if it is possible. If the question has already been asked, I would like to know where I can find it.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,318 messages
  • December 30, 2020 13:46
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@beert

For example, you select the DDR first.
Then there is an icon at the top right that activates the bar (at the bottom of the screen) to perform bulk operations.

Now you can either select all items on the page at once or mark them one by one by means of a check mark next to the item.

At the bottom you can then click in the bar on COLLECTION

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,003 messages
  • December 30, 2020 18:15
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hello Beert,

I myself am also importing a fairly large collection of stamps (and related). Is a lot of work, indeed. But adding 'in bulk' isn't always such a good idea. Then you will receive pollution in your own collection.

If you start passionately, you will also see something that can be improved here and there. Is always useful for the other collectors if you have an eye for that - and also correct those mistakes yourself. It's a bit slowing in their own work, but the next one will be grateful for it (I hope anyway).

I suppose your collection is nicely organized by country and year? Maybe even by catalog number? Then you can select that country on LD, limit it to year (year from and year to) and then place the sorting on eg 'Michel'. You can follow: collection next to your screen and just click.

In the latter case you will notice that here and there a stamp does not appear in the right place. With the new option 'search by nominal value' you get to it quickly. A small search and you can restore it (series name, serial number within the series, a missing Michel catalog number, ...).

You learn so much, and also contribute to the improvement of the catalog on LD. At least that's how I do it. A lot of work, but it pays off.
Do read the stamps manual (does not take long). There are a few things to know when you change (or add new stamps).

Show original message
3of 3