11of 11
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,003 messages
  • November 07, 2020 22:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Now I have already looked around and searched, but I do not find the following information immediately:

Who is the administrator and from what ...

I assume (found some old messages) that at Stamps there is one super administrator (Postmaster suggests the name), and that per country (or group of countries) there is a 'responsible' (sub-administrator?)? A list in a fixed place, accessible to everyone, might be useful. I don't think so (so far), but I could have misguided it ... I am simply a man (my world would say) :) LD is Wiki and it might not be a problem to get a nice overview somewhere to post.

Perhaps (is only an idea) can the person responsible for a particular country be included in the brief explanation of that country? In the list 'Number - items - Number of curiosa items - Oldest item - Newest item - Most expensive item' add one kijntje: 'primary contact point'.

Reason for the question:

1. I have just registered my Cuba collection (collection and wish list). A big congratulations to the manager of Stamps / Cuba. I was more than pleasantly surprised. Really, fantastic. I hope that the stamps in many other countries have been managed as neatly as well. After all, I keep collections from all countries :)
Searched for Cubamaster but got 0 results lol

2. I tend to edit quite quickly. Add data (catalog numbers, perforations, printing, edition) and organize (series name and serial number within the series). Actually, I would prefer to first ask / report this to the responsible of that country, in order not to cause any unwanted side effects due to my changes. I think communication is one of the most important things that should be spent quite some time on. There is always a profit afterwards (time and quality). Now I have been busy in the Belgian (ex-) areas (Congo / Zaire, Rwanda, Burundi). Maybe somebody will be annoyed soon ... despite my best intentions. Could be.

3. Sometimes I think 'what a mess' (Viennese Drukken ... quickly closed the barrel). In a different perspective, however, this may be a desirable situation with - at first sight hidden - advantages. So not a mess at all. Asking questions does not cost money and prevents trouble. But I prefer to ask something like that in a message to the best placed person.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,318 messages
  • November 07, 2020 22:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Wiedoewa?

First, try to go through all the information available on the site. Then you will automatically encounter the Administrators on the homepage of Stamps. For convenience, the link to the Stamp Managers.

Show original message
  • 4,003 messages
  • November 07, 2020 22:41
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Thank you Tammo, I was looking for that.

I avoid the main screen as much as possible. Those icons passing by in the main screen make me a bit dizzy.
I don't see any 'Cuban' in it. Who is the administrator of it and how could I find it.

And who am I most bothering about 'Viennese prints (part of Indonesian philately)'?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • November 07, 2020 22:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Go to Cuba and left click on ' Administrators '.

Show original message
  • 4,003 messages
  • November 07, 2020 22:56
added
prices
info pages
reviews

So if I had really looked wrong, my wife is right again ... So be it.

Sorry to disturb ... maybe go do it. Was looking in the wrong places (Community and 'help').

Show original message
  • 4,003 messages
  • November 08, 2020 09:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Okay, really easy.

Both Vienna Presses and Cuba are the first manager 7451Dick. I just sent a message there with all my questions. Be eager to get answers.

Show original message
  • 933 messages
  • November 08, 2020 11:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It makes little sense to eager. The administrators are volunteers who also have other time uses. But you should already have your answer :-)

Show original message
  • 4,003 messages
  • November 08, 2020 12:06
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes Dick, the answer is in. I was itching for nothing :)

Trail ends.

In the meantime had already seen that for most countries under 'Administrators' are the same names ... the administrators of stamps. So the system is there, but little filled up. And I understand the reason all too well. Not enough manpower, too many tasks.

For Cuba there really is someone who has been busy with heart and soul, conscientiously and very meticulously, and apparently is still doing it. It was truly a pleasure to enter my collection and wish list on LD for that country. Maybe the other countries are fine too, but I don't know yet :)

If I post my questions on the forum, there is a chance that a temporary engagement will be discovered. After all, everyone who reaps benefits here benefits from every improvement (however small) and guidance (guiding newcomers in the search for the pin ...). Members ask and members answer.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • November 08, 2020 12:23
added
prices
reviews

It's a wiki, so any ignorance (sorry don't mean anybody personally) can make changes, making managing a dead end

Show original message
  • 4,003 messages
  • November 08, 2020 13:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@morits

A word I'd rather not hear or see. I assume that the overwhelming majority of collectors, in their spare time (hobby for relaxation and fun), try to contribute with the best of intentions. Everyone according to knowledge and ability. Every person is unique, the 'possibilities' of each individual are also specific. And everyone has their own ideas and / or vision.

Okay, there's that saying about bad apples. But there is an essential difference between apples and humans, right?

Hence my comment:

Actually, I would prefer to first ask / report this to the person responsible for that country, in order not to cause any unwanted side effects due to my changes. I think communication is one of the most important things that should be spent quite some time on.

I am still looking for a good soul with the necessary skills for the Viennese (Philadelphia) printing.

I could decide for myself to change (a lot), but maybe wrongly. With frustrations here and there. I want to appear out of respect for the other collectors. I want to use the catalog, but it is not my catalog, not even from the administrators. It is shared and never finished. There will always be work on it. I personally like that.

PS: my knowledge of those Viennese conditions is more than sufficient, but not complete. There must be something I don't see (I trust my other half's judgment :)) or know.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • November 08, 2020 13:34
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If you step on an item and look at the history, you can see who made the adjustments.

If you click on that name, you can contact him / her (is insignificant male or female;)) personally.

Show original message
11of 11