15of 15
  • 614 messages
  • April 10, 2010 16:06
added
prices
reviews

Good news for the stamp section - because soon databases Suriname Republic, USA and Canada can be added. This is a complete database of all base stamps up to and including 2002. However, USA and Canada are still missing images of a number of classic stamps, if anyone has them, please! the period 2002/2008 will be added later.
We are also looking for administrators for these areas who want to merge the previously entered items from these areas with the new database.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 18, 2010 12:17
added
prices
reviews

We are currently working on the U.N.O. database. New York to finish. Not one stamp of this collection area is listed on Catawiki - while there are about 1,000 stamps! Do you also want to help create databases or cut scans? register with me quickly together we will quickly create a real and unique world catalog!

Show original message
  • 15 messages
  • April 21, 2010 16:11
added
prices
reviews
April 21, 2010 16:11

Hello Erik Boere,

I have more than 20,000 stamps in the world. I already started cropping scans. I would like to help you with this. I can cut a maximum of 300 stamps / day from scans. Sorry for mistakes. I cannot write down the Netherlands very well.

Greetings,
Amalia Axinia

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 21, 2010 21:44
added
prices
reviews

Very positive the responses I received. I am now working together with several people to further build the database and scan library. But help is always very welcome, there is still a lot to do!

Show original message
  • 15 messages
  • April 22, 2010 23:09
added
prices
reviews
April 22, 2010 23:09

Hello Eric,

I put a few blocks in the folder and a few more images of traditional Romanian handicrafts. What topic / section could these belong to?

What is now in the folder is intended as a test.

Greetings,
Amalia

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 29, 2010 21:15
added
prices
reviews

Thanks to the fantastic efforts of those who signed up to help, we can now accelerate the catalog expansion! Today we start with a substantial part of UNO , US and Canada. In the short term, we will also start with the Pacific countries, where Pitcairn and Christmas Islands will be the first. Themes and awards have yet to be completed.
If you also want to help cut the scans, please let us know. We can also use people to create databases. There are still many Pacific countries to be made.
There are about 2 million different stamps, so it will be quite a job!

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • April 30, 2010 18:57
added
prices
reviews

Just a list of the countries that will certainly be added in May:
Pitcairn, Christmas Islands, French Antarctica, Ross Dependencies, Australian Antarctica.
Getting expanded:
USA , Canada and UNO .
Work will be done on Mexico and Romania.
To be updated: Netherlands
Pictures from the period 2004-2009 are added for many european countries.
I expect to be able to add a large part of Australia and New Zealand by the end of May.

If you also want to take care of a country, please notify me.

Show original message
  • 58 messages
  • May 14, 2010 19:07
added
prices
reviews

In recent weeks, Ross Dependency and Kathiri State of Seiyun have been added in Hadhramaut.

Ross Dependency is complete (stamps, blocks and series).

Kathiri State of Seiyun in Hadhramaut is complete in terms of stamps, series and blocks, although many images are still missing and probably a number of imperforated versions of series are still missing.

Some info needs to be added to both, so whoever has it, go ahead!

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • May 15, 2010 01:57
added
prices
reviews

Ross and Kathira are nice additions, especially because they are complete. My aim is also to place countries completely or at least contiguously, which ensures a well-coherent database in the right order. And they are databases that the collector can also easily handle.

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • June 23, 2010 23:37
added
prices
reviews

This week French Antarctica and Republic of Suriname have been added, the images of Spain have been added.
Next week the images of a number of countries will be added (Monaco, Austria and UNO).
Vlendert was part of Aden and Affar & amp; Issas, I'm trying to add all of Indonesia next week and finalize the database USA and Canada. Thanks to Vlendert, Rudi and Marleen for the carving!
Faroer's database is being replaced and completed.
Next month I will start with Eastern Europe, with Romania as the first for which Amalia has cut out many scans.

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • July 03, 2010 23:27
added
prices
reviews

Week July 3-10
Expected:
Database Aden
Additions 2008/10 Andorra French and Andorra Spanish, France, Monaco
Expansion Romania database with images
Addition images Belgium 2003-2009
Supplement to images Switzerland and Liechtenstein 2003/2009
First part Indonesia

In progress this week:
Hungary database.

Show original message
  • 787 messages
  • September 29, 2010 02:25
September 29, 2010 02:25

I own an almost complete collection of Romanian stamps up to ca. 1934-1935, including the telegraph stamps, airmail stamps etc…
Unfortunately, the existing catalog of Catawiki is really no help: no images, no colors and the Michel numbers that only serve those who own this catalog ...

So far it is still going reasonably well (the first 36 stamps, except the first 11 that are missing), but also the years of issue do not match: the album of Romanian stamps is a kind of “fill-in album” with mention of the dates of issue (even sometimes with month and day), the face value of the stamps and their color, everything in Romanian.

I would like to hear a concrete proposal for improvement in the short term, which will benefit anyone who has to import or search for Romanian stamps from 1858 to 1969 !!!

Additional problem of frozen items: additions (perforation, color etc…) or indication of numbers of any other catalogs are not possible, because you are always asked for an image that is not there, but also cannot be added !! ! Who is being fooled here?

I know that the administrators do a lot of work, but it has to remain efficient and the collectors are still the basis of the entire set-up of Catawiki.

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • September 29, 2010 23:28
added
prices
reviews

I have now scanned the first part of Romania and I will ask Amalia to cut it out. You may be able to supplement these seals afterwards. Then please adjust the format of the scans and the color of the background, otherwise we will soon get series with different proportions (is now also wrong here and there).
We don't have Romanian as a language yet, so filling in Romanian descriptions makes no sense (yet).
I don't think we should focus on the Romanian catalog at this stage. Collectors in most of the countries targeted by Catawiki will use the Michel (or less the Yvert). These kinds of issues also play a role in Scandinavia, where the authoritative Facit is very idiosyncratic and has its own system.
For specialized material the national catalog is of course important, it will be an enormous challenge to get that information in the catalog and at the same time keep the catalog usable for everyone ... Now most collectors will assume a Leuchtturm album.

Show original message
  • 787 messages
  • September 30, 2010 00:03
September 30, 2010 00:03

Thank you for the prompt reply.
Perhaps it is not expedient to compare the dates of the issues of the stamps, namely:
- on the one hand, the data held by the Michel catalog, based on the Catawiki catalog;
- and on the other hand the very detailed data mentioned in my “fill-in book” of Romania. (I can't figure out where the creator of the album went to get his information, though).

If you are interested, I will send you a CD with photocopies of the pages of the album by post as soon as possible ...

N.B. A shortcoming of the catalogs Yvert & amp; In general, Tellier is the lack of correct dates of issue, especially for the series of ordinary postage stamps that were issued over several years ... which of course complicates the search work in the Michel catalog.

Show original message
  • 614 messages
  • September 30, 2010 10:36
added
prices
reviews

N.B. A shortcoming of the catalogs Yvert & amp; In general, Tellier is the lack of correct dates of issue, especially for the series of ordinary stamps that were issued over several years, which of course complicates the search work in the Michel catalog.

Completely correct, and that was also my argument against linking a sort order to the date of issue. It is not only a flaw of catalogs - especially with long-running series, it is by no means always known when exactly values have been converted. Even with recent stamps from the Netherlands Antilles, it proved almost impossible for the NVPH to find out when (!) And when they had appeared!

- and on the other hand the very detailed data mentioned in my “fill-in book” of Romania. (I can't figure out where the creator of the album went to get his information, though).

The point is indeed that you pretend these are correct and then you should be sure that the source is correct. However, it may be an option to add a field for the issue date or earliest known date of use. If you want to do it all right, you also need to create a field for the date of decommissioning. Especially important for those who only want to have stamps that have been created within the use period.

Show original message
15of 15