Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 933 messages
  • October 22, 2019 18:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This is a stamp with company perforation (= perfin), and they do not belong to the regular stamps, but to others (because it has been agreed that way). The company perforation was intended as an anti-theft measure, and it is emphasized that it is not the fact that it is a stamp for postage, as the designers of the Catawiki system conceived it at the time. I don't know the reasoning behind it. For example, it could just be that there is no year of issue associated with it (requires a lot of research if at all to find out).

Dick

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,917 messages
  • October 22, 2019 22:39
added
prices
reviews

But you could send mail with it?

I am thinking from music carriers

an LP is different material than a CD

both sound, hence the same heading, just as simple reasoning

Hence music cassette also in those sections, not others

sound / music starting point

postage stamp is for franking mail, so you can find it in the postage section

So don't search in: other

it will certainly have been thought about, but strange to me

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • October 23, 2019 08:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I am not a stamp expert. More stamp related items can be found in the other section. For example postage, apparently for the benefit of collectors who want to show a subdivision how and where a stamp is canceled.

Nice that posting on this forum (at least for me) makes you curious about the history of those holes. We have now seen on the internet that specific groups of collectors worldwide have plunged into this phenomenon. There are clubs, gatherings, separate sites with many stamps. More extensive history can be found at noviopost.nl/archief-Novioposta/nr114/nr114. I'd rather not paste full links, just type it in. Perfins were commonplace and lever presses were even developed.

Other also contains tax stamps. You could also say to create a main section for all kinds of stamp shapes other than stamps. And well every collector who collects something specific may prefer to see his thing in a main section and that is impossible and perhaps unnecessary. If only you can find it ... Type in stamps and the shapes will appear.

Show original message
  • 64 messages
  • October 23, 2019 16:20
added
prices

Despite everything, they are and remain franking stamps, mainly used by companies, both multinationals and family businesses, but were also sold to the public as franking stamps, so anti-theft does not apply here.

With the perfin K, franking stamps from 1895-1967 were sold to the public by the Amsterdamse Kiosk-Onderneming NV (AKO). Also with another type K from 1922-1940 by NV Van Ditmar's newspaper import and kiosk company in Rotterdam. Also with the perfin S from 1907-1954 by the Haagsche Kioskonderneming (Segboer) in The Hague and Scheveningen.

With regard to the year of issue or use, 95% of the users know where and the time period in which it was used. When new stamps were issued by the various postal authorities, these were of course also used by the companies. The stamps were also canceled normally, so you can often detect day/month and year.

There are indeed tens of thousands of perfins collectors worldwide. Personally, I think it is a pity that they are not visible in your shop under the stamps, but under Other. I have the impression that many stamp collectors do not open this section because, despite the many collectors, there are never sells any of it.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • October 25, 2019 00:01
added
prices
reviews

in your own shop you can indeed place them with the catalog stamps. as far as they are in the catalog. entry separately in the catalog is not allowed.

after all, they are existing stamps and you can simply enter them in your shop under canceled / unused / MNH.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • October 25, 2019 00:45
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Technically you CAN, but I don't think it's allowed.

Show original message
7of 7