3of 3
  • 8 messages
  • November 02, 2017 08:44
added
November 02, 2017 08:44

I have two sheets full of stamps from the German Empire (1920s/30s/40s) with overprints like:
"administration"
"service mark"
and a series of inflation stamps on which a figure is stamped with a flag and sword.
Also a large number of Hitler stamps where his face is stamped out with a black spot.
Finally, a whole series of German Reich on which "Deutsches Rotes Kreuz" is stamped in red.

I can't find any of these stamps on catawiki or elsewhere on the internet. The original stamps, but not with relevant overprints.
Images can be found here:

https://andresijnesael.stackstorage.com/s/VXw6cfsXAaERQ4B

Thanks in advance !

Sincerely,

André Sijnesael
Spijkenisse

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 84 messages
  • November 02, 2017 18:21
added
prices
reviews

The stamps with the figure are well-known philatelic work of the "Arbeiter- und Soldaten-Rat Aachen.

The" Dienstmarke "and" Regierung "overprints may be" Dienst-Kontrollaufdrucke "of the" Regierung " Wiesbaden "and" Mecklenburgische Landessteuerdirektion "Considering the quantity and the MNH condition of the stamps, I am guessing that the depicted stamps have an extra false stamp.

The so-called" Schwarzungen "on the hitler stamps is a emergency solution immediately after the second world war. There were no new stamps available yet and they needed something to send the mail. This collection area is also teeming with fantasy and false imprints.

The Rotes Kreuz imprints are just like that. such as the figurine philatelic craftsmanship.

Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • November 02, 2017 18:37
added
November 02, 2017 18:37

Thank you for this clear explanation. Given the origin of the stamps and what I have read about the seller, the possibility of forgery does not surprise me.
I will keep them in my collection as a curiosity!

Show original message
3of 3