Go to page
25of 40
  • 2,571 messages
  • June 05, 2015 15:52
added
prices
reviews

Dear administrators, where do people put the unused stamps without gum and without cancellation.

I received a complaint about a 0.04 cent stamp, because there was no original gum on it, and was therefore not an MH type, so it was used and not unused. even though there was no cancellation on it.

it was about this 2077829 stamp.

since I only have the possibility to place 3 types; MNH, mint hinged and canceled, so according to the person it appears that I cannot actually sell this stamp.

it should therefore be canceled or used according to sir.

so where are the people like this kind of stamps.?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • June 05, 2015 17:33
added
prices
reviews

unused, because if it has a stamp on it, then canceled and if the original gum is still attached and not stamped, then MNH, you don't have more choices.

Oh yes and if the original gum on it and there is adhesive residue, then unused.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • June 05, 2015 17:51
added
prices
info pages

Old discussion, never agreed: used / unstamped

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • June 05, 2015 18:17
added
prices
reviews

yes that's right, but you will only have such a customer, who just assumes that unused must be a stamp with original gum and then a neat patch, and calls this an HM version, and that too actually expected to receive it for 0.04 cents.

and then indicates that he is deeply disappointed because there is no gum on it.

an old discussion, which then got resolved anyway after all, the customer is right that unused original with gum / part should be gum and sticky.

maybe there should just be a link "used"

Show original message
  • 65 messages
  • June 05, 2015 19:06
added
prices

[sorry, mistake]

Show original message
  • 2,406 messages
  • June 05, 2015 19:08
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If you click on the conditions, there is no condition for your stamp. You could have indicated it with your notes.

MNH

Original eraser in good condition without adhesive (remnant). For FDC's we use this condition "MNH" for blank envelopes (also no erased address) in impeccable condition.

Unused

Original eraser with a patch (remnant)

Stamped

Stamped copy in good condition. For FDCs we use this condition "stamped" for described envelopes.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • June 05, 2015 19:42
added
prices
reviews

@Fazerco, I only see a few stamps in the entire catalog that are offered, where the collectors/sellers have stated that it comes with original gum and a neat sticker. and then perhaps also assume that the rest of what is offered is apparently without gum.

but what is true according to you, you actually think that all stamps that are offered unused are with original gum and adhesive, and the people who mention this extra, it is meaningless.?

but the question was, what do people do with unused stamps without gum, and where can these people dispose of those stamps.

I can mention with the note that there is no gum on it, but to be honest I don't think anyone mentions that, and that is precisely why there are only a few who state that their stamp is with original gum and neatly pasted.

the mention of used without gum should have been included from the start.

After all, French and German collectors collect very differently from the Dutch apparently, here everything is thrown together or unused is used to throw everything together.

because you can only mention that a stamp is without gum with notes, while I see that some sellers mention that their stamp is with gum when unused. even though unused should just be for unused with gum. which some collectors assume.

Show original message
  • 2,406 messages
  • June 05, 2015 20:35
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You can see it that way.

A new user signs up, looks at the terms and conditions and trusts that they are offered that way. I no longer buy on CW.

Instead of offering them, you could have entered the forum first and started the discussion.

That this has been in between from the beginning. I agree with you, but yes ....

Show original message
  • 1,276 messages
  • June 05, 2015 22:33
added
prices
info pages

An old discussion (2011) about which there was a clear opinion. Nothing has been done with this discussion. That is the usual problem of the cw forum. A lot of talking but no decisions are made and nothing is recorded in instructions.

Micho Rooseboom, a collector

Show original message
  • 326 messages
  • June 06, 2015 00:08
added
prices
reviews
I would say unused, but it seems quite a hassle to get this stamp. If he is not satisfied he can send it back, right?
Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • June 06, 2015 01:29
added
prices
reviews

It is someone in France, and to return such a stamp of 0.04 cents does not seem like an option to me, after all then I have to pay 1.19, it was not about the 0.04 cents, he was just disappointed that there was no gum sat on. I would say that I could hand him that 0.04 to him, but as a customer I will never see it again.

In fact, he is saying that all unused stamps without gum are worth nothing to him, and if he orders an unused stamp, it should also have gum on it.

for the latter that is correct, but where do I leave the unused stamps without gum on CW, it should be listed under the note of the stamp you are selling.

this is at odds with the people who correctly state with their unused stamps that their stamp has gum and adhesive, and also give the impression that they are assuming it or think that the rest of what is offered by other people has no gum.

unused should therefore be some sort of seal (Stamps with gum), but there should still be a possibility for unused stamps without gum to be housed somewhere.

Show original message
  • 1,276 messages
  • June 06, 2015 09:32
added
prices
info pages

The description of "" unused "" should be broader than all problems have been solved. This was also addressed in 2011. But done nothing with it.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • June 06, 2015 09:41
added
prices
reviews

Micho, that's not possible, because then you don't know yet which stamp someone is offering.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 06, 2015 12:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Since when is a stamp that has lost its gum 'unused'? At most it is 'unstamped', but use seems to me to be sufficiently proven.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • June 06, 2015 17:31
added
prices
reviews

yes unstamped, and where do we leave it then? and where do you think other people put those kinds of seals?

And why do you think there are people who say when unused that there is still gum and a sticker on it.

and why do you think Fazerco no longer buys stamps on Catawiki.

Most likely because uncanceled stamps without gum and sticker are listed as unused at Catawiki.

and all this because that "used unstamped" is missing from the beginning.

everyone knows it, but cannot get rid of their stamps, with the result that uncancelled stamps are marked as unused and are placed as unused.

So it seems to me that there is work to be done, a small addition of an extra type of use would then be sufficient.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 06, 2015 18:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I have no idea where you put those things. Will put the idea on my thinking list.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • June 06, 2015 18:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews
What a rubbish all again Aartinge everyone knows what is unused and that is not what you claim what it is For the sake of clarity and there are only 3 official classifications POSTFRIS UNUSED AND STAMPED your so-called ridecule "used without stamp" comes out of your big thumb. prove that an unstamped has been used ???????? not .... because that is the stamp ... but apart from this simplification 99% of the unused without gum are ex MNH that have stuck together or in an album due to circumstances (something with moisture) and have soaked loose , forgotten stamping is a marginal minority of these stamps, we don't call the Netherlands a Buddhist country either because 2% of the population is ?????
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 06, 2015 18:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The fact remains that there is no instruction on how to classify them. How would you do that, Sinbad? They seem to me to be stamps with a value of minus 0, since they are 'mutilated'. Actually, you shouldn't want to trade in that at all, I think.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • June 06, 2015 18:33
added
prices
reviews

@Sinbad, better pay attention or read.

This is what Facerco told;

This is also what Erik Broere said:

Mint

Original gum in good condition without sticker (remnant). For FDC's we use this condition "MNH" for blank envelopes (also no erased address) in pristine condition.

Unused

Original gum with a sticker (remnant)

Stamped

Stamped copy in good condition. For FDCs, we use this "stamped" condition for written envelopes.

What I was told was where do we put the stamps that are used and uncancelled.

after all, Arco made the remark:

Since when is a stamp with the eraser gone 'unused'? He is at best 'unstamped',

So I'm not claiming anything.

I know it is unused, but I read so many contradictions here.

I also think that an extra user type should be added.

also because Arco does not know where these stamps are placed.

I think it's funny, but you should read better before you say something.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • June 06, 2015 19:22
added
prices
reviews

internationally there are 4 grades:

MNH

unused with eraser and with glue (rest)

unused without gum (with or without glue (rest ))

stamped

perhaps to contain these discussions, see when it is feasible to adjust the database for this. This is not such a major intervention and a piece of dissatisfaction has been removed.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 06, 2015 19:35
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You're pretty staunch, Morits. Where do those states come from?

In each section it would be an adjustment of nothing, but not in the case of Stamps. They have a special notation that extends all the way to the collections. I'm not going to get started.

Show original message
  • 2,406 messages
  • June 06, 2015 19:42
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This is what Facerco said;

This is also what Erik Broere said:

MNH

Original eraser in good condition without adhesive (remnant). For FDC's we use this condition "MNH" for blank envelopes (also no erased address) in impeccable condition.

Unused

Original eraser with a patch (remnant)

Stamped

Stamped copy in good condition. For FDCs we use this condition "stamped" for described envelopes.

What I told was, where do we leave the stamps that are used and unstamped.

Let's be clear, those were the conditions according to the CW catalog. Now I hear from you that people indicate when there is gum on it. So that's wrong. You must indicate in your notes if there is no gum on it (whatever you put it under) or any other flaw.

The conditions are clear, but there may be one that is difficult for Arco at the moment. .

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • June 06, 2015 19:42
added
prices
reviews

from the first best special catalog in the Netherlands

Show original message
  • 1,276 messages
  • June 06, 2015 19:43
added
prices
info pages

Morits

I totally agree with you. However, there must be computer space. An addition also costs time and money. The only question is whether Catawiki wants to invest,

However, if they want to go international and that is what they want, they will also have to make the addition.

unused without gum ( with or without sticker (rest))

I sell a lot of stamps, especially high nominal values,

German stamps are very popular.

Kind regards,

Micho Rooseboom, a collector

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 06, 2015 19:50
added
prices
info pages
reviews

from the first best special catalog in the Netherlands

@Morits: I actually assumed that the section was designed by an experienced hand.

Show original message
Go to page
25of 40