5of 5
  • 294 messages
  • March 14, 2015 21:53

Do these stamps have added value and if so what percentage of added value is that approximately.

Alard

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
az60
VIP
  • 1,191 messages
  • March 14, 2015 23:00
added
info pages
reviews

@Alard,

First of all, it would be nice if you include the title in your question. I find it very unpleasant and unclear. Uninterested and almost compelling. Now the answer to your question. At least as far as that can be given. In general, the stamp with a tab has an added value compared to the stamp without a tab. With a tab, the stamp will appear less often than without a tab. However, it remains a matter of what the fool gives. It also depends on whether the stamp (with tab) has been issued in abundance. It also depends on the number of collectors. For example, Israel is especially spared with tab and / or seal edge. With more demand and less supply, the difference could be a bit bigger. The tabs are also appreciated a bit more in Belgium. Old stamps with tab are often rarer than new stamps. So it depends on many factors.

Show original message
  • 294 messages
  • March 14, 2015 23:49

Hello Az,

Thank you for your response.

NL also has a lot of tabs in recent years, but at least there is an explanation or a sign of a thing or two. I am now working on the Belgian Congo and all the tabs that are attached to it there are nothing on it. I think that is of no use to you.

I leave them on and fold them all back because I personally don't like it.

Alard.

Show original message
  • 787 messages
  • March 14, 2015 23:50
March 14, 2015 23:50

The question is asked wrong:

Most stamps with tabs are issued as such: the catalog value given to them is the stamp with tab. (The Michel catalog indicates its value after the catalog number with the addition "Zf" (Zierfeld).

Those same stamps without tabs normally have a lesser value. .

Most catalogs do not list a specific value for these items.

Show original message
az60
VIP
  • 1,191 messages
  • March 15, 2015 02:09
added
info pages
reviews

@Alard

If nothing is on it, then it doesn't seem like a tab, but a piece of sheet edge. A tab must contain an image or some text about the stamp. The sheet edge is also used for information for the printer. The info for the printer can help to determine the pressure. In my opinion, a stamp with a piece of blank sheet edge has no added value. You can tear them off at the risk of damaging the seal or leave them in place. You also have this choice for stamps with tab. The essence is not how it is issued, but how you want to collect it.

Show original message
5of 5