6of 6
  • 11 messages
  • November 12, 2014 00:02
added
November 12, 2014 00:02

Hello,

It may have come up here before, but I just want to point out the following. Until recently I had a 100% positive reviews score. But that has changed because a (German) buyer has decided to give negative feedback because his order has been lost. Of course I find this very annoying for this man, but as a seller I cannot be held responsible for this. In addition, I have clearly stated in my terms and conditions of sale that the risk of non-registered shipping lies with the buyer. I'm not sure who to contact on Catawiki about this, but I'd like to see this negative review removed.

Regards,

Michael

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 4,319 messages
  • November 12, 2014 00:16
added
prices
info pages

If you want to be judged as a professional (the fact that you have terms and conditions of sale makes me suspect that you are), then you have to get used to the rules that apply to professionals. A seller is always legally responsible for the delivery and cannot transfer that responsibility to the carrier or the customer.

The buyer is entitled to delivery or - failing that - to full refund. Damage or loss during transport simply falls under the occupational risk. If you are not willing to take that, then you must make insured shipping mandatory.

The above does not apply to a transaction between private individuals, but if you want to remain an amateur seller then your feedback is not really important. (Except maybe for your ego.)

I'm sorry for you, but those are the facts of life. Don't let it keep you from sleeping ;-)

Show original message
  • 11 messages
  • November 12, 2014 01:37
added
November 12, 2014 01:37

Dear bookstore,

Thank you for your response. It certainly doesn't keep me from sleeping. This is not important enough for that. But again, I also understand very well that the buyer is frustrated. I would be that in his position too. However, I find it strange that negative feedback is given immediately and that no attempt is made to reach an agreement first. And I am an ordinary collector of stamps, offering his doubles for sale. Here on Catawiki.

Greetings,

Michael

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 752 messages
  • November 12, 2014 13:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

but if you want to remain an amateur seller then your feedback doesn't really matter either

It is certainly important because it also indicates if you as a seller are serious about the customer, I always look at the feedback scores myself and I also read the negative scores from which I also decide if I buy from that seller or not.

Here you have a point

Only, I find it strange that negative feedback is immediately given and no attempt is made to reach an agreement first.

Before negative feedback can be given, the relevant seller must have been contacted and given a reasonable opportunity to correct or compensate for an error if necessary.

http://forum.catawiki.nl/forums/33-nieuws/topics/16579-negatieve-feedback

Show original message
  • 613 messages
  • November 12, 2014 14:53
added
prices

I have a similar problem. parcel sent by registered mail of 21 euros to France. Buyer not at home and message left. According to chronopost, another message was sent to buyer twice, but buyer says he has not received anything. Package has been returned and I sent it again for 21 euros (my costs). Has been in a depot somewhere in France for a week now. Buyer asks me to call chronopost while the post office is around the corner for the first shipment. How far do you have to go? I think it has been so beautiful. Postnl responds that outside the national borders the responsibility ends, but I have brought them 42 euros. Incidentally, no feedback yet, it is more about how far the responsibility of the seller goes.

Just info that package was offered, not at home and message for new appointment. All information also sent to the buyer via Catawiki, mail and SMS. M curious!!

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • November 12, 2014 18:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Legally the seller is always responsible for correct delivery, legal legislation national, European and Global is that as clear as a lump (even as a private bookstore, it remains a purchase agreement) the statement "risk is for the sender" is just a ram illegal " general business condition "I have said this before to Catawiki and I still don't understand that it is allowed, I have been working as a risk management / transport damage and claims expert in logistics for 10 years, doing thousands of business from envelope to hijacked cargo ship. CMR, AVC, hague visby, FENEX, COGSA and the treaties of Warsaw and Montreal are next to my pc so no Indian stories how (you want / find it logical) it should be, the laws, agreements and treaties are clear in matter this if you do not ship under INCO terms.Duinkonijntje if you indicate in your general terms and conditions not insured shipped deductible you do not in fact say cry if it does not arrive, so why complain? So negative feedback ... not nice but good customer service gives good feedback, bad condition if the shit hits the fan bad, welcome to the world of the (amateur) trader
Show original message
6of 6