8of 8
  • 3 messages
  • November 05, 2014 23:25
November 05, 2014 23:25

Let me introduce myself and tell my story.

My name is Jordan and I have recently developed an interest in stamp collections. When clearing out an old house that needed to be renovated, I found a few piles of papers in the attic, well-preserved to my great surprise.

I had a look and saw a lot of papers but also found a book with stamps. All the papers came home with me and then I started looking quietly. These are all stamps from Austria. I have found some of those stamps here on the site so I have a point of reference that they are indeed those of Austria.

Now I am not concerned with selling these but I am looking for more information about what I have found. The papers are exactly complete descriptions of each type of stamp. Which paint was used, date of issue and discontinuation, how many of them have been printed. I have no idea what this is and cannot immediately find more information on the internet. The periods jump a bit because I have covers from 1971, 1983/84/85 but also from 1991 and there are also stamps from 1969.

There are also some things that stand out. Only a few stamps in a plastic folder, instead of a paper cover. And then a few sheets of stamps that look very nice but I can't find anything left.

For example a series of stamps with horses on which I have a full "Memorial block". Some of the stamps are loose in a cover, with a few sheets together.

So I hope someone here can show me a bit about all this. Or refer me to sites or people who know.

Thanks in advance!

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • November 06, 2014 02:53
added
prices
reviews

Hi Jordan,

It would be more convenient to take some pictures and post them somewhere for us to have a look or visit a stamp dealer somewhere in your town.

Show original message
az60
VIP
  • 1,252 messages
  • November 06, 2014 07:27
added
info pages
reviews

Aartinge gives good advice. You can also do a quick search on Catawiki.

When you enter the site, you will find the top in blue collectors platform. Click.

In the left column catalog headings you will see stamps. Click

In the left column Countries / regions select all countries / regions in blue. Click.

Search Austria [AUT} at the O.

Click in the green bar on the blue word Here.

Now you can search e.g. by theme (e.g. horses) or by year and select.

For year, enter the same year in both boxes. and select.

For a reasonably quick overview, you can also select by series under Type.

Success

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • November 08, 2014 15:24
November 08, 2014 15:24

So, I took your advice. Have already started to find the collection on the site. And I have now also put some pictures online with what I found. Hopefully someone can tell me what I actually have in my hands.

https: //www.dropbox .com / sc / xvbxph1f0sev0ld / AADcGDPYB795LwCN6Xdxs5b0a

So above is the link to the photos. There is a photo with the whole pile of covers. Have about 35 to 50 bundles per cover, with anywhere from 2 to 4 stamps per bundle.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • November 12, 2014 11:14
November 12, 2014 11:14

Still no one can help me?

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • November 12, 2014 23:16
prices
November 12, 2014 23:16

[ad removed by moderator]

Show original message
  • 4,319 messages
  • November 12, 2014 23:43
added
prices
info pages

Advertising your own shop is 'not done' on this forum.

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • November 14, 2014 05:09
November 14, 2014 05:09

Hello Jordan,

Looks like a collection of recent Austrian yearbooks and theme blocks. Probably the person who built this up had a subscription with the Austrian Post where he receives a booklet every year with all the stamps that were issued that year and a detailed description of each series and stamp.

To get more details about your find, but also how the stamp world works, I would definitely recommend contacting a local dealer or even better a local collectors association.

Kind regards and welcome to the world of collectors!

Show original message
8of 8