9of 9
  • 6 messages
  • October 19, 2014 12:13
October 19, 2014 12:13

Good day,

while cleaning up I came across a box full of stamp books. Lots of new stamps but also stamp books from my grandfather. I don't have the knowledge to inventory and value it all 1 by 1. I therefore have the question of whether there is someone or a store in the Amsterdam/Haarlem region where I can have the entire box valued honestly and possibly also sell it directly? With me the box is in the closet and is never looked at and maybe someone else will really enjoy it.

thanks in advance for the responses.

[advertisement removed by moderator]

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 752 messages
  • October 19, 2014 13:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If I google on selling Amsterdam stamps I get more than 500,000 results

and stamps sell Haarlem 164,000 results so plenty of choice.

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • October 19, 2014 13:22
October 19, 2014 13:22

That is the correctness problem, Metal.

which one is reliable and which ones do people go here for example. [again ad removed by moderator]

Show original message
  • 2,406 messages
  • October 19, 2014 13:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You already start with a box. That may say something about the quality as most collectors keep them in a book to prevent damage.

But just choose a stamp shop and visit. Or if you are not familiar with his opinion, go through several.

Show original message
  • 752 messages
  • October 19, 2014 13:37
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Take a shop "under the microscope" a stamp shop that has existed for 20 years, for example, seems to me to be reliable, everything you can look up with google.

Show original message
  • 6 messages
  • October 19, 2014 13:44
October 19, 2014 13:44

@fazerco thanks. They are all in books and those books are in a box. So maybe it's misworded on my part.

As for Google, I get that. But I was hoping for advice here instead of being sent back. In one fell swoop I've acquired a complete storage room and room full of stuff that I'm trying to find out and I've already done some decent searches on google, even fished out some stamps and put them here on katawiki. But I thought I could ask the real collectors to recommend a store to me instead of being sent back to google.

I think you also buy your stamps at a shop?

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • October 19, 2014 14:15
added
prices
reviews

I came across a box full of stamp books

My Dutch is not so good anymore, but I still clearly read BOOKS here

and as people get older and get certain annoying side effects, it may well happen that stamps that were put away in a book with a magnifying glass are suddenly put in a box

a small example if I wanted to borrow a book from my father to read it, the dust jacket was removed that was put back in the bookcase the book was extra covered in brown paper and only then could you take it with you

when I was allowed to have his books after his death, the inheritance consisted of about 4000 Books, I found a large part of the dust jackets in the basement in a plastic bag in the basement and the books without them in different cupboards that was 3/4 years before never ever ever happens.

so you always see being a little wary of judging!

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • October 20, 2014 01:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

As I read it, it is a painstaking job to import all those stamps separately into CataWiki and then sell them in bulk. Heinzzy comes to CataWiki to ask how he can sell them through CataWiki. At least I assume that is the intention?

After all, CataWiki is not an appraiser or appraisal Catalog or a website where you can request the values of objects (in this case many stamps) from other collectors / sellers. then sell yourself in a different way than via CataWiki.

At CataWiki you have 2 ways to sell your stamps:

1. Via your own CataWiki Shop: Upon registration you were given the opportunity to sell your stamps and other items in your own Shop which can be viewed on the CataWiki website. Select the stamps you want to sell, give them a selling price and wait for buyers. There is therefore a possibility to sell them at the same time (bulk).
  2. Via the CataWiki Stamp Auction: Take photos of your albums with the stamps in them. Try to photograph as many pages as possible so that the potential buyer (the bidders) can clearly see what they are bidding on. Place those photos with your auction offer and wait for the Stamps auctioneer to approve your lot (your books to be auctioned) and place it in an auction.

I don't think we can help you in any other way. At the auction you can also ask for help from the auctioneer and you can also have others (parcelers) submit your stamps for a percentage of the proceeds.

And as a collector I would of course love it if you also link the stamps to the items in the CataWiki Catalog!

Auctioning seems to me to be the best choice with such a large quantity. Good luck!

Show original message
  • 9 messages
  • October 21, 2014 22:18
October 21, 2014 22:18

My advice is to go to or call a stamp association in your area, they often have a number of members who advise on estates, for example. so enter stamp association and your place of residence in google.

Show original message
9of 9