12of 12
  • 36 messages
  • September 24, 2014 07:35

At the stamp auction you regularly see estimated revenue as much.

And then you often look at what the final revenue is, which is often many times lower than the estimated revenue value.

Sometimes even almost half lower. Estimate yield 200 euros actual yield just 100 euros (this as an example).

Since these estimation errors are very common, I will in any case not offer items here at the auction.

Personal I think because of these considerable errors of judgment, which often recur, that the auctioneers should stop with the stamp auction management. This certainly gives wrong faces.

Still seems to me reason to withdraw a sale if the auctioneer's estimates are so far apart from reality.

Maybe the sellers have parties have set that estimate as a condition regarding the auction.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 750 messages
  • September 24, 2014 10:14
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@plaatfoutnederl

I am not very involved in the auction world, but you can still choose reserve (minimum bid) but if the amount is not met then you have to pay the auction costs.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,909 messages
  • September 24, 2014 10:44
added
prices
info pages
reviews

~~ but if the amount is not reached then you have to pay the auction costs

No, nothing sold, no costs.

~~ Still seems to me reason to withdraw a sale if the auctioneer's estimates are so far apart from reality.

It's an ESTIMATE. It remains an auction, if you can predict the outcome of auctions perfectly.

I don't hear you complain that sometimes the sale price is above the estimate.

~~ Perhaps the selling parties have set that estimate as a condition for auctioning.

No, not correct either. Have a look and read here:

http://www.catawiki.nl/help/aanbieden

and here

http: //www.catawiki. nl / help / 17 / category

But if I hear you like that, you just don't have much experience with auctions. You are forgiven.

Show original message
  • 134 messages
  • September 24, 2014 11:27
added
prices

Estimates that are 50% off are not really a problem. According to the auctioneer, all items must yield at least 75 Euro. If we look at the closed auctions on Sunday and Monday, we come across things such as (always lowest auction proceeds):

* Curiosa and Antiekveling: 4 Euro http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels / 604979-skins-round-pouffe-with-impala-fur-and-a-goat-skin-1960

* Automobilia auction: 2 Euro http: //veiling.catawiki. nl / lots / 725521-vintage-worcester-ware-tin-trash-bin-50s-60s

* Asian art: 6 Euro http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/777285-figuur-uit -horn-china-late-20th-century

* Books: 6 Euro http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/767597-almanak-provinciale-almanak-friesland-+-weezen-almanak- + -2-onesimus-yearbooks - + - union-almanac-1911-1927

* Design: 4 Euro http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/758995-gerard-van-den-berg -for-perobell-bank

* Music: 2 Euro http://veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/785131-vic-firth-drum shoes

* Jewelery: 6 Euro http : //veiling.catawiki.nl/kavels/764737-zilveren-oorclips

Treasure is and will remain a gamble. Stamps and Comics and such are more of an exact science than curiosities, for example, but there too it is very difficult to estimate what the final proceeds will be. From time to time I have serious reservations about auctioneers (individual items or global approach), and on average they should be much more communicative (by mail in the forums), but most seem to do their job in good conscience and with some knowledge of to do business. Refusing to auction your items because the estimates are sometimes (or even often) too optimistic doesn't seem very productive to me. What you get for your items is what the fool gives for them, not what the auctioneer estimates too low or too high.

Show original message
  • 36 messages
  • September 24, 2014 15:09

As a provider of an item and you ask the auctioneer what he thinks it will yield, as a provider you should take that into account.

Minimum selling prices cannot be specified here for all items. is the problem of Catawiki.

I am considering selling my collection in the Netherlands, namely with a catalog value of almost 15,000 euros.

But when I see the estimation errors of the yields here, I am shocked I think about it and I think, take that collection to an auction house instead of offering it here.

I also find the condition of the auction entry far too much in favor of Catawiki and too little thinking about the selling party.

You will never hear anyone complain about the fact that items go higher than the estimate, of course, it is only nice. But estimates that are almost 50% lower than the actual returns, then I wonder what they are doing and on what grounds is the sales value estimated?

And personally I think in such a case that a auction should be withdrawn if the selling party wants this because the proceeds just do not match the estimate.

And if this is not adjusted I will not offer my collection here, because it really does not go for a apple and egg expire. Bidding from 1 euro and then being obliged to sell it. After all, I am the person who determines the minimum sale price and not Catawiki.

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • September 24, 2014 16:57
added
prices
reviews

~~I am the person who determines the minimum selling price and not Catawiki .

There is only one who determines the price and that is the buyers

the Auction Meeters can still estimate as high

the Catalog can indicate an even higher price

the auction two years ago brought a top price

the seller wants to get a top amount from this mix

but if there are no buyers or there is only one then alas (of course it remains the seller's choice whether he wants to auction or sell for this) and certainly if the market is closed due to the extinction of collectors of a certain area

Show original message
  • 19 messages
  • October 05, 2014 08:01
prices
October 05, 2014 08:01

Auctioning is simply a matter of supply and demand. It is clear at the stamp auction that for the good pieces worthy prices are offered up to 20-25% of the CW, sometimes even.

The problem is that of certain periods and certain series there is so much in circulation that 1% is not even given yet.

So also here, as at physical auctions: the more valuable and unique / rarer the product, the more popular, so the higher the price.

Yes, and there are risks for a seller. That is simply auctioning.

Show original message
  • 176 messages
  • October 05, 2014 10:06
October 05, 2014 10:06

@plate error: you indicate that your collection has a catalog value of 15kE, what do you mean by that? You might not even be able to trade it for an apple and an egg ......

Show original message
  • 36 messages
  • October 06, 2014 23:45

Thanks again for the responses.

Of course it is a matter of supply and demand and what the fool is willing to give for it, but if there are regularly considerable differences between appraisal and yield, I wonder what added value such an appraisal has? In my opinion nothing because it is a pure estimate that unfortunately is often incorrect.

Stamped with my own collection of the Netherlands, the total catalog value is almost 15 K, everything is neatly arranged once by catalog number in very neat stock books.

For example:

The desired yield is 1500 euros.

Auctioneer estimate around 2000 euros

But the actual yield is around 1000 euros, given that you cannot set a minimum selling price here and that you have to bid from 1 euro, and often with such incorrect yield estimates, I will not sell my collection here.

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • October 07, 2014 07:02
added
prices
reviews

Minimum price is possible,

if the lot is purchased higher or more you can indicate a reserve price

No , I will apply no reserve price and deliver the lot at the highest bid. Yes , I use a reserve price. The use of a reserve price is only possible for lots with an estimated yield of € 200 or higher.

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • October 31, 2014 23:41
October 31, 2014 23:41

Since these estimation errors are very common, I will in any case not offer items here at the auction.

Personally, because of these considerable errors in judgment, which often returns, it is better for auctioneers to stop managing the stamp auction. This definitely gives wrong faces.

Doesn't seem like a reason to withdraw a sale if the auctioneer's estimates are so far apart from reality.

In my opinion, the appraisal value is an instrument to boost the selling price. At the stamp auctions you often see that the reserve price is -20% to -25% of the minimum appraisal value.

Furthermore, it remains difficult to predict a possible selling price. You are dealing with various indicators such as:

- much or little interest in a certain area - saturation of the market - financial position of possible buyers - impulse purchases - not giving each other the light in the eye, etc. .

The final selling price is determined by the bidders and buyer. Realistically, this is the current market price. This can be both positive and negative for the provider. But this is also the case at the public stamp auctions.

I assume that the auctioneers judge as objectively as possible. On average, I am satisfied with my own selling prices of the stamps. My final conclusion is therefore that the auctioneers fulfill their task properly.

Show original message
  • 19 messages
  • November 01, 2014 10:30
prices
November 01, 2014 10:30

I don't really understand the problem. As soon as a lot has an estimated yield of 200 euros, you can indicate a preserve price. If it is not achieved, there will be no sales.

So in the example that the auctioneer makes an estimate of 2000 euros, you can indicate in the preserve price that your minimum yield wish is 1500. if it is not met, the sale will not go through.

Please inquire before you start shouting all these things.

Show original message
12of 12