13of 13
  • 8 messages
  • July 20, 2014 23:07
July 20, 2014 23:07

Dear forumer,

Also this holiday I spend time, next to the stamps, on my first day envelopes.

Because I usually saved something from the 1980s, I will now discuss the time before the 1980s. In the early years, what I understand, envelopes were sent to you on the first day, hence the addresses. The catalogs contain amounts for with and without address up to and including E61.

Now I have bought a box with first day and it also includes envelopes, later than E61 with address. How sensitive is this?

Is it true that there should always be two stamps on it, even if the envelope only has 1 stamp?

I've actually never been that concerned with that, because I just have them for a beautiful thing, to enjoy. Now I've delved a little further into this and I've come to this.

Thanks for the comments)

Greetz,

William Herschel

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • July 20, 2014 23:36
added
prices
reviews

@William,

Now I have bought a box with first day and it also includes envelopes, later than E61 with address. How sensitive is this?

written in pencil you can erase perhaps, if not then they are "" stamped versions.

we call unwritten FDC MNH.

2 stamps? yes that could be, but sometimes I have also noticed 1.

as long as you pay attention to the implementation, it must have the 1st day stamp on it.

you have the examples here on CW.

Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • July 20, 2014 23:39
July 20, 2014 23:39

Obviously, thx.

Now I just found a first day envelope even without stamp on it.

Forgotten probably.

What is something like in the were envelopes from day one?

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • July 21, 2014 01:15
added
prices
reviews

if there is no stamp on it, then you cannot speak about first day envelope !!

again if there is a stamp on it stating "first day stamp, then you can speak about a FDC, rather not

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • July 21, 2014 09:06
added
prices
reviews

Any stamp of the same date of issue is an FDC.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • July 21, 2014 12:00
added
prices
reviews

Yes, that's right, but then you need to know the date of issue.

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • July 21, 2014 12:20
added
prices
reviews

Opens a world of incomprehension for me.

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • July 21, 2014 17:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews
Aartinge you claim that you can only speak of a first-day envelope if the stamp says first day, which is really completely nonsensical false imaginary nonsense, there is only 1 watertight hard definition worldwide recognized as fdc and that is childishly simple an envelope with a stamp and a stamp whose stamp has the date of the day the stamp was issued, the addition of first day on the stamp is totally irrelevant as to whether something is fdc or not. And a "first day envelope" with an unstamped stamp is common a stamped envelope that hasn't been posted yet :)
Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • July 22, 2014 01:43
added
prices
reviews

@Sinbad, I'm only answering questions that are simple to William.

pay attention to the cancellation "first day cancellation" so that William at least knows what an fdc is.

the fact that he is totally unaware is evident from his 3 questions he asked at the beginning.

and just like I gave the answer to the answer to Rob. if it concerns a stamp of the same date, he must know what the date of issue is.

so furthermore I do not claim anything other than that there must simply be a stamp on the fdc with a 1st day cancellation.

and then Rob said that it can also be an ordinary postmark with an equal date.

and that is also allowed, that is also a 1st day cancellation if he knows what the issue date is.

envelope without stamp, is a stamped envelope, and forgot to send it to William, as William himself already understood.

So William asks what such a thing is called in the world of the FDC. in the world of FDCs this is called nothing, or is not an fdc.

So? I don't really understand what you want to repeat

Show original message
  • 787 messages
  • July 22, 2014 03:18
July 22, 2014 03:18

~~ [Deleted by moderator -Please discuss content and don't play on the person].

@williamherschel

See:

http: //www.filahome.nl/postzegel-encyclopedie/eerstedag-envelop.htm

for an understandable explanation

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • July 22, 2014 07:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

[Removed by moderator -Please discuss the content and don't play on the person].

Show original message
  • 383 messages
  • July 22, 2014 07:31
added
prices
reviews

~~ The twists and turns of such a manager are inscrutable to simple minds

Have a look at the catalog of Belgium.

@Tapir .

You shouldn't blame your ex-colleagues like that. You were the best, but unfortunately stopped.

Show original message
  • 2,571 messages
  • July 22, 2014 09:48
added
prices
reviews

~~ Now I have bought a box with the first day and there are also envelopes, later than E61 with address. How sensitive is this?

Is the story correct that there should always be two stamps on it, even if the envelope only has one stamp?

Actually, I've never really been concerned with them, because I just have them for beautiful ones, to enjoy. Now I have delved a little further and come to this.

~~ Dear forumer,

As in every holiday I am busy with my stamps.

Curious as I am, I browsed through some catalogs and found the term "mint condition".

What do people mean by this? Canceled, not canceled, I know MNH.

Is mint condition the same as MNH?

Greetz, William Herschel

~~ Best forumer,

Maybe a little too fussy, but I'm just curious how it is dealt with.

I have a double first day envelope. E189.

However, I was just looking closely and the order as stated in the catalog differs.

Does this also have a name in the FDC world? Or is this immediately rejected, trash can?

Greetz, William Herschel

@Sinbad, what are you worried about, that it should be simple proves the questions that William asks, apparently you want to explain all technical terms to him, that is your choice.

I would say read the 3 questions he asks, and it shows that William has no knowledge of the names of FDCs and what actually is or is not FDC.

He even has the idea that if the order of the stamps doesn't match any other FDC then throw the envelope in the trash.

@ Tapir, I don't need to be right or have the final say, but I think you too should read better what someone asks, and whether it is wise to use your knowledge to pick up everything that is not asked for.

I think William has understood everything with my answers if not, we will notice with possibly a new question.

[Deleted by moderator - Please all discuss the content and not o p the person]

Show original message
13of 13