10of 10
  • 18 messages
  • January 24, 2014 00:38
added
prices
reviews
January 24, 2014 00:38

On the 3rd sheet it says the date of death of Jan van Beveren would be 24-07-1990, this is wrong, I think this must be 26-06-2011.

Has this been noted before ?

HTTP: / /www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/postzegels/countries-areas/netherlands/4393753-jubilee stamps-psv

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • January 24, 2014 09:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Hertje2,

Is indeed wrong, but collectively not interesting as it concerns personal stamps you can put all the stuff you want on it, I can also publish a sheet on which I am stadholder of Alkmaar or world champion skittles.

These kinds of mistakes only become interesting when they are made by the official post, they find out try to destroy the wrong edition and issue a new improved correct edition, then the only mistakes are made by the meshes have slipped interesting.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • January 24, 2014 12:42
added
prices
info pages

24-07-1990 is the date of death of PSV player Coen Dillen. So someone has been sleeping there. The name Van Nistelrooij is also misspelled.

By the way, I read that Van Beveren was also a stamp dealer in Dallas for a while. Fun fact.

Show original message
  • 18 messages
  • January 24, 2014 19:53
added
prices
reviews
January 24, 2014 19:53

Hi Sinbad,

I thought you were really the bowling world champion :-) I understand your comment, I was more concerned that it is very stupid and sloppy how many mistakes have been made with these PSV sheets. A wrong date of death is surely a scandalous mistake, but it is indeed not very interesting from a collection point of view, but that is not what I meant.

Regards,

Harry

Show original message
  • 1,276 messages
  • January 25, 2014 16:15
added
prices
info pages

Harry

Attention! Why is it all going wrong in Eindhoven PSV?

I suggest this is noted in the details.

Best regards

Micho Rooseboom, a collector

Ps adjustment has taken place!

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • January 25, 2014 17:04
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Micho,

As long as there are no sheets in circulation with the correction of the error, it is no special, after all, it only becomes special if there are also stamps with the correct info on it.

It is normal on a stamp that the info on the stamp is not correct, after all our scary friend Kim-Il-Sun from North Korea has released many stamps in which he is surrounded by well-fed children, flower garlands and very happy factory workers, we will not mention as a special feature that in reality the children are starving, the flowers do not grow and the workers are employed with fear and terror.

A special feature on a stamp is for example a different perforation, an improved spelling error or flag image which makes it different from the stamp that looks the same but is of a different print, it seems very sensible to use the details field only to describe that there is a stamp in circulation the er (very) similar but still different, by mentioning it now as a special feature, people (wrongly - they are being put on the wrong foot) think that there is also a seal in circulation with the correct date of death, so that a seal on someone's wish list that he will never find, before you realize it will lead a life of its own and in 10 years' time you will have in a catalog that there are also stamps with the correct date of death (and that they are very expensive and extremely rare :)) ... better not do it.

If you have a Michel guide you will notice that in exotic countries sometimes only numbers have been skipped, that is because of things like this, sometimes for decades came later they found out that stamps that had been in the catalog for years were ultimately a fabrication or misinterpretation of these kinds of things. The incorrect date of death on the stamp is informative or incorrect, as no stamps have been issued with the correct date of death, it is therefore not special.

Since something can only be special if it deviates from the most common Original, If you spray all manufactured cars yellow in a factory and they dry up orange, that is not the intention, the car itself is therefore not special, if they spray 100 cars yellow, 99 dry yellow and one orange then the last one is special.

Show original message
  • 4,320 messages
  • January 25, 2014 17:35
added
prices
info pages

I'd rather class this as "trivia". Background pages are ideally suited, but unfortunately there is no series "Anniversary stamps PSV "where you could add it.

Are there actually collectors who think that the name 2010 Personal Stamp: Dynamitica results in a meaningful series format?

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • January 25, 2014 18:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Hi Bookstore,

The personal Stamps are classified according to the type of frame in this case with font '' Dynamitica '' it does not deserve a beauty prize, but I would not recommend any other format than by hand of the frame type for personal stamps, as categorization after image / subject is possible as well as a million because you can have (almost) anything printed on it that you can or cannot come up with

Show original message
  • 1,276 messages
  • January 26, 2014 09:27
added
prices
info pages

Bookstore

A good tip for background pages;)

Regarding the comment about personal stamps, it is a very sensitive one.

Look at the forum personal stamps . Rob writes that he has been instructed to stop this input.

Are there any collectors who think that the name 2010 Personal Stamp: Dynamitica results in a meaningful series format?

I have also made this comment ! The answer is "" no ""

So I would like to refer you to the appropriate forum.

In my opinion, the activities are completely at a standstill.

But Rob and Postmaster can respond better to that.

For the time being I will stay outside this discussion and distance myself.

Mvg

Show original message
  • 1,276 messages
  • January 26, 2014 09:42
added
prices
info pages

Florian

You are back with a vengeance.

A good story.

I hope that Catawiki empathy and respect for the family of Jan van Beveren can muster. It is a disturbing error and it is best to mention it.

mvg

Ps Harry thanks again for the comment another step forward with the personal stamps

Show original message
10of 10